Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings

Go down 
+35
Maximilia
EileenK98
caffeine addict
WD40
Adagio
The Alien from Uranus
lemmingwriter
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
KelinciHutan
Majin Gojira
Lapin
Somath Cegem
Anon
Psy-4
saeku
Sutremaine
Lady Anne
Cyberwulf
InkWeaver
Spotts1701
Verandering
TheHermit
Malganis
GamemasterAnthony
maladroit_mooncalf
pirategrrl
Penguin
The Unoriginal
tim gueguen
Rabid Badger
Dr. Quinzel
gaijinguy
Mikey Go WOOGA
kuroineko
the asylum
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings Empty
PostSubject: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 7:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Dove World Outreach Center is a non-denominational evangelical church
in Gainesville, Florida. They have announced a special celebration of
the 9th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks . . . something that will show
Christian love, reduce hatred between people of different religions, and
lead toward greater understanding around the world. Or not.

Yes, and here's the bright idea itself:

Quote :
Dove
will host “International Burn a Quran Day” on September 11, 2010.
Pastor Terry Jones says the idea came, in part, from the recent success
of “Everybody Draw Muhammad Day”.
The same EDMD that was intended to show the psycho extremists that we aren't scared of their violent cage-rattlings. And of course, Religitards get it all wrong:

Quote :
He comments that “We feel, as Christians, one of our jobs is to warn,” and that
burning the holy books of another religion will provide Muslims an
opportunity to convert.

So here's Jones' game plan:
1. Gather all the holy texts of the people who's violent primitive religion you're trying to convert
2. Burn said holy texts of said people of said violent primitive religion
3. ???
4. Expect to profit

Personally, I don't see how this could possibly backfire.
Back to top Go down
kuroineko

kuroineko

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:18 pm

So if I were to burn copies of the Bible, would I convert a few Christians? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:25 pm

EDMD sounds like grade A trolling and a beautiful way to tell people rioting over a cartoon to settle the hell down.

This is just antagonistic and pointless.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:24 pm

Oh, Florida, don't ever change.

Unless you break off and sink.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Quinzel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dr. Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:51 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
Oh, Florida, don't ever change.

Unless you break off and sink.

Can we at least save Disney and Universal? I quite like those places.

But yeah, countdown until we hear something happening to this church in the news.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:55 pm

So burning what someone considers the most Holy book in their religion will cause them to convert?

Why do I get this feeling someone hasn't thought things through?
Back to top Go down
tim gueguen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:31 pm

Meanwhile, some publisher of Korans is just jumping for joy because he'll end up selling a whole bunch more than expected because the idiot squad is burning them up.
Back to top Go down
http://timgueguen.blogspot.com
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 12:53 am

I looked at these retards' Facebook profile and backed up quickly, but got a nice vibe in seeing that people of all denomination called them on it. There's a logically-challenged Carol Barry 'proving' "with pictures" that Islam is "biblically demonic" by quoting I Kings 18:27... because 900 BC or 600 AD, Baal or Allah, po-tay-toes, po-tah-toes, right?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 2:47 am

You know, I actually don't think that book burning is an invalid form of protest. There is nothing inherently sacred about books. It's not supposed to hurt anyone financially like a boycott, it's a symbolic gesture.
Back to top Go down
pirategrrl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
pirategrrl

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:08 am

I'm sure these people don't have the books just lying around, as they don't believe in it. So, do they buy them first and then burn them? Because if they do they're hurting themselves financially.

I don't really have a problem with that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/~pirategrrl
maladroit_mooncalf
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
maladroit_mooncalf

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:42 am

pirategrrl wrote:
I'm sure these people don't have the books just lying around, as they don't believe in it. So, do they buy them first and then burn them? Because if they do they're hurting themselves financially.

I don't really have a problem with that.

Well, you're more optimistic than I am. My first thought was that this would play out more along the lines of Mosques and Muslim homes being raided. A bit dramatic? Maybe. I hope.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:09 am

So...these idiots learned nothing about what a BAD idea the Crusades and the Inquisition were, eh? Yeah...this won't end well...
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:11 am

Quote :
He comments that “We feel, as Christians, one of our jobs is to warn,” and that burning the holy books of another religion will provide Muslims an opportunity to convert.

So, what's the object lesson here? Convert, or else you'll be burning in hell for all eternity... just like this Quran, here! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Somehow it doesn't seem to hit this guy that maybe, just maybe, burning something that someone else considers sacred is just gonna piss them off a lot and close their minds to whatever you had to say... though, frankly, if you're burning their book to show you're a True Christian™, my guess is that you're probably not gonna be too articulate, or possibly even accurate, about giving out the Gospel, since you chose to cock it all up with burning a book.

Seriously, it's like when Adventures in Odyssey apparently advocated stealing and destroying someone's D&D gaming pieces since they were "satanic".

Quote :
During two of the Adventures in Odyssey episodes, however, the
broadcast focused on role-playing games like Dungeons and Dragons. In
the radio program, Dungeons and Dragons and other role-playing games
are pictured as doorways into the occult, and a modern method of engaging in black magic.
At the end of the show, one of the characters even steals a portion of
the other characters' role-playing game and destroys it.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:51 am

the asylum wrote:
Florida

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Penguin wrote:
You know, I actually don't think that book burning is an invalid form of protest. There is nothing inherently sacred about books. It's not supposed to hurt anyone financially like a boycott, it's a symbolic gesture.

Well, yeah, that's what a sane individual would think.

As that Dutch cartoonist proved, most of the Muslim world is not sane.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:08 pm

... Danish?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:34 pm

I always heard Dutch, maybe it's Danish.

Not like it fucking matters, all Europeans are chumps. Razz
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Penguin wrote:

It may be symbolic, and legal. Doesn't make it any less of a devastating strike at the concept of the free exchange of ideas.

It's one thing to challenge offensive speech, or even speech you don't like. It's another to destroy speech (and yes, books are a form of speech). That implies that not only do you disagree with the speech, but that the very existence of the speech is repugnant.

Numerous societies, from the ancient Romans through the Nazi regime, burned books and manuscripts as a form of "purifying" thought or simply wiping away some concept they did not like. It is symbolic of a harsh and oppressive regime.

Not to mention that it is extremely difficult to claim to the international community that we are not engaged in a war against the Islamic religion when events like this happen.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:49 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Penguin wrote:

It may be symbolic, and legal. Doesn't make it any less of a devastating strike at the concept of the free exchange of ideas.

Are you kidding? This IS an exchange of idea.

The idea is "Fuck you" and they're exchanging it through smoke. Razz

Don't make religious idiots acting like idiots back and forth into some higher cause for freedom and intellectualism.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:43 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Why the fuck does everyone out here get Dutch and Danish confused? scratch They only share one fucking letter, it's not like they're deceptively similar.

This is probably the fifth time I've encountered this phenomenon.

ANYWAY.
I was asking because the Dutch have their own story about someone pissing off violent Muslims, but he wasn't a cartoonist.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:59 pm

Verandering wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Why the fuck does everyone out here get Dutch and Danish confused? scratch They only share one fucking letter, it's not like they're deceptively similar.

Well I know the difference, but that may be because my maternal grandmother came to the US from Copenhagen in the late 1800s. I can still remember, when I was very small, having several elderly cousins who spoke Danish amongst themselves. I found it fascinating.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:12 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Well I know the difference, but that may be because my maternal grandmother came to the US from Copenhagen in the late 1800s. I can still remember, when I was very small, having several elderly cousins who spoke Danish amongst themselves. I found it fascinating.

Do they not teach Europeans to count? They both begin with a D and end with an H.

And Christ, it's not like it matters. One's a failure, the other is a failure from Shakespeare. Razz

And look what you've done. You went and set Rabby off on a totally irrelevant, attention whoring, family anecdote.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:53 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Do they not teach Europeans to count? They both begin with a D and end with an H.

Um...
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:46 am

Verandering wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

This is probably the fifth time I've encountered this phenomenon.

InkWeaver wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Um...

Like much of what Mikey says, it makes a deceptive amount of sense when examined.

Re Danish/Dutch: It's probably because we usually expect nationalities and countries to match up fairly evenly: Germans are from Germany, Austrians are from Austria, Danes are from Denmark, and the Dutch are from. . . Holland? Or possibly the Netherlands?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:52 am

Nihilist wrote:
It's just intent- burning another religious text, no matter how retarded both seem, is disrespectful.

I don't see any reason to be respectful of willful delusion. Christianity included.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings Empty

Back to top Go down

Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next