Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"

Go down 
+23
Mafiosa
Sutremaine
Bamshalam
TheHedonist
Psy-4
Miss Prince
Lady Anne
Chaltab
Azzandra
Cyberwulf
suzine
Mikey Go WOOGA
Rabid Badger
Lapin
Jesus.
Just Chipper
Verandering
Malganis
Chris91
Penguin
Goat
Seule
Dick Powers
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" Empty
PostSubject: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:00 pm

the B
BC wrote:
A 13-year-old Yemeni girl has died of internal bleeding three days after being married, rights groups say.

The report comes amid ongoing debate on setting a minimum age for brides in Yemen, where more than a quarter of girls are married before the age of 15.

A 2009 law setting the minimum age at 17 was repealed after some lawmakers said it was un-Islamic. A final decision is due this month.

There was no official confirmation of the death by Yemeni officials.

The girl, said to have been married to a man in his 20s, died in the west of the country last week, the Arab Sisters Forum (Saf) rights group said.

A medical report by the hospital where she was treated said she had suffered a tear to her genitals and severe bleeding after intercourse, the group said.

In a statement obtained by the Reuters news agency, Unicef's regional director, Sigrid Kaag, said the UN child agency was "dismayed by the death of yet another child bride in Yemen".

Human rights groups have been pressurising the authorities to outlaw family-arranged child marriages in Yemen, which has a tribal social structure.
Source.

news.com.au wrote:
A 13-year-old Yemeni girl who was forced into marriage died five days after her wedding when she suffered a rupture in her sex organs and hemorrhaging, a local rights organisation said today.

Ilham Mahdi al Assi died last Friday in a hospital in Yemen's Hajja province, the Shaqaeq Arab Forum for Human Rights said, quoting a medical report.

She was married the previous Monday in a traditional arrangement known as a "swap marriage", in which the brother of the bride also married the sister of the groom, it said.

"The child Ilham has died as a martyr due to the abuse of children's lives in Yemen," the non-governmental organisation said.

Her death was a "flagrant example" of the results of opposing the ban on child marriage in Yemen, which was leading to "killing child females", it said.

The marriage of young girls is widespread in Yemen, which has a strong tribal structure.

The death of a 12-year-old girl in childbirth in September illustrated the case of the country's "brides of death", many of whom were married off even before puberty.

Controversy heightened in Yemen recently over a law banning child marriage in the impoverished country through setting a minimum age of 17 for women and 18 for men.

Thousands of conservative women demonstrated outside parliament last month, answering a call by Islamist parties opposing the law.

A lesser number of women rallied at the same venue a few days later in support of the law, the implementation of which was blocked pending a request by a group of politicians for a review.
Source.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:03 pm

Oh god what

That is a... terrible, terrible way to die. Hopefully her death won't have been in vain, though. :/
Back to top Go down
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:21 pm

D:

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:29 pm

Quote :
A 2009 law setting the minimum age at 17 was repealed after some
lawmakers said it was un-Islamic. A final decision is due this month.

WHARRGARBL GLASS PARKING LOT

YOUR RELIGION IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Quote :
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

Goat, you took the words right out of my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:52 pm

How... what the hell...

I... that is horrible and I don't even want to imagine what happened to her. How the HELL could her so-called 'husband' let her bleed to death???
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:53 pm

He probably thought it was normal. Or something.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Shit, how utterly miserable. I'm so sorry for that girl.

And seriously, how much of a twatwaffle do you have to be to damage someone's organs that badly during sex? Fucking terrible.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:25 pm

Penguin wrote:
Quote :
A 2009 law setting the minimum age at 17 was repealed after some
lawmakers said it was un-Islamic. A final decision is due this month.

WHARRGARBL GLASS PARKING LOT

YOUR RELIGION IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.
The law is apparently un-Islamic because families would kill newborn girls to avoid the shame of marrying off their 17 year old daughter.
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:38 pm

Malganis wrote:
How... what the hell...

I... that is horrible and I don't even want to imagine what happened to her. How the HELL could her so-called 'husband' let her bleed to death???
"Oh, so this is what the menstrual cycle is!"

God damn, this is really awful. My insides pang when I think about how that must have felt. The poor thing.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:59 pm

How do you puncture sex organs like that?? What kind of epic penis does this guy have?? How uneducated can these idiots be to know that massive internal bleeding during sex is not a good thing?? WHAT THE FUCK PEOPLE.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Well, she probably did think it was her time of the month. She was very young, and her genitals were seemingly not ready for sex. You're going to feel pain after your first time, and being so young, doubly so. She probably attributed it to something normal, and then "Whoops, time of the month." That wouldn't be something she would talk to the husband about.

I'm pretty disgusted. I mean, damn, why are they marrying them off so young? If that's the tradition, why not make an arranged marriage, to be enacted upon when both of the partries are ready for sex and childbirth? This is ridiculous, and, judging from the other cases, a mass abuse of human rights.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:23 pm

Lapin wrote:
I'm pretty disgusted. I mean, damn, why are they marrying them off so young? If that's the tradition, why not make an arranged marriage, to be enacted upon when both of the partries are ready for sex and childbirth? This is ridiculous, and, judging from the other cases, a mass abuse of human rights.
Child brides have been around for nearly 2,000 years. Such a deep seated tradition is not to stop abruptly. Even more so considering Mohammad's favorite wife was a 9 year old. There are Yemeni organizations rallying for women's right and abolishing child-brides all together. Having sex with your child-bride before she is of age of consent is illegal, but the law seems not to be enforced.

Last edited by Dick Powers on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:37 pm

Verandering wrote:
Shit, how utterly miserable. I'm so sorry for that girl.

And seriously, how much of a twatwaffle do you have to be to damage someone's organs that badly during sex? Fucking terrible.

You have to remember, a lot of these girls haven't even hit puberty yet, and it's not unusual for their husbands to be in their 30s or 40s. Their bodies simply aren't ready to have sex. They wouldn't be ready with someone their own age, and they sure's hell aren't ready for intercourse with an adult male who I seriously doubt takes his 'bride's' age and total lack of experience into consideration.

Besides which, they're not supposed to enjoy it, so it doesn't matter if it hurts and they bleed. They're women, and the only reason they exist is to bear children and make sure their husband's are kept sexually satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:35 pm

And you all laughed and said 17'' penises like the one from that one fanfic don't exist.

Dicky wrote:
Child brides have been around for over 2,000,000 years. Such a deep seated tradition is not to stop abruptly.

That's only the case if you shoot them in the leg or something. It'll stop pretty abruptly when you shoot them in the head. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:18 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
And you all laughed and said 17'' penises like the one from that one fanfic don't exist.

Dicky wrote:
Child brides have been around for over 2,000,000 years. Such a deep seated tradition is not to stop abruptly.

That's only the case if you shoot them in the leg or something. It'll stop pretty abruptly when you shoot them in the head. Colbert
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
suzine

suzine

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:23 am

I wonder if the girl underwent female circumcision...that would go a long way toward explaining the hemorrhaging.

edit: Just to clarify- I meant that she underwent the torture mutilation horrific abuse procedure as a child (I think the average are is somewhere under ten years old?) and that sex tore up the stitching, causing the fatal bleeding.

Last edited by suzine on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : _)
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:11 am

suzine wrote:
I wonder if the girl underwent female circumcision...that would go a long way toward explaining the hemorrhaging.

edit: Just to clarify- I meant that she underwent the torture mutilation horrific abuse procedure as a child (I think the average are is somewhere under ten years old?) and that sex tore up the stitching, causing the fatal bleeding.

If she had, then she would have been cut open with a knife on her wedding night, since that's the only way that something like a dick (or, indeed, something larger than about a matchstick, so I've heard) could have 'fit' in there. That in and of itself could have caused the fatal bleeding.

However, I don't know if they do that over in Yemen. There are many variations of FGM. (And I prefer the term Female Genital Mutilation because, unless the girl's clitoral hood is cut off, it's not circumcision at all.)
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:12 am

suzine wrote:

According to the article, her vagina apparently ruptured.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:22 am

Malganis wrote:
How... what the hell...

I'm sorry, were you labouring under the delusion that the kind of asshole who MARRIES A THIRTEEN YEAR OLD actually gives a shit about his bride?
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Malganis wrote:
How... what the hell...

I'm sorry, were you labouring under the delusion that the kind of asshole who MARRIES A THIRTEEN YEAR OLD actually gives a shit about his bride?
Not to play devil's advocate here, but Edgar Allen Poe married his cousin when she was 13 and he never got over it when she died.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:16 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Malganis wrote:
How... what the hell...

Not to play devil's advocate here, but Edgar Allen Poe married his cousin when she was 13 and he never got over it when she died.
Okay, ignoring the creepy underlayer of that statement (seriously, that's more than I wanted to know about Poe), there's the fact that this Yemeni guy had no prior relationship with his "bride" and probably cared very little for her well-being. So yeah, he probably didn't give a fuck about her and her death is probably an inconvenience, at most, for him.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Malganis wrote:
How... what the hell...

If it's as normal as the article indicates, he was probably just an ordinary sort of person. It's the custom, it's what is expected of him. He can't exactly refuse, and odds are he didn't see anything wrong with having that young a wife - why should he, he knows of no other way of life.

That being said, I can't imagine that he was particularly nice or gentle about their wedding night... Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" 886522

Last edited by Seule on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:31 pm

This is disgusting on so many levels, and the worst part is, it's rooted in deeply ingrained societal issues that the rest of us are powerless to change. And the political climate of much of the middle east makes internal battles even more difficult than things like the civil rights struggle in America.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:34 pm

I wonder what exactly he did to her that her vagina ruptured. Plenty of 13-year-olds in the U.S. engage in sex and don't have this happen to them. Hell, plenty of 13-year-old girls in Yemen have sex and live to tell about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"   Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss" Empty

Back to top Go down

Yemeni child bride bleeds to death after honeymoon "bliss"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next