Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Americans Steal the Curly Wurly

Go down 
+46
Verandering
Anon
Goat
Kitbug
Sparrow
EileenK98
Cyberwulf
Selenite
Dick Powers
spoonhead75
Chicago Brown
myeerah
Penguin
Manny
Kremlin
Ivo
Fairlight
Adagio
grmblfjx
gaijinguy
InkWeaver
Reepicheep-chan
Jay/Cris
Lady Anne
Tungsten Monk
Malganis
Freezer
Lysander
Theaphelia
theweirdkind
Blooferlady
Sutremaine
Delcat
karmyn31
Zeiss Manifold
saeku
Seule
Lapin
DarthDarthington
Raine
KelinciHutan
Root Admin
Mafiosa
Just Chipper
ZoZo
Somath Cegem
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:23 pm

Mafiosa wrote:

I AM ASHAMED OF YOU

HOW DARE YOU NOT READ AN ENTIRE 4 PAGES OF " MY CHOCOLATE IS THE BESTEST EVER

I usually do though.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:56 am

Just Chipper wrote:
Delcat wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
...and is currently being advertised by Mr. T under the borderline sexist
slogan, "GET SOME NUTS!"
I dunno, is that really sexist? I mean, it doesn't specify who should be getting the nuts. Perhaps it's just a call for general testicle enjoyment across the board.
It's Mr. T yelling at men, men caught doing what would be considered 'girly' things ("TOE DIPPER!"), and then throwing Snickers bars at them whilst implying they should grow some balls.

Eh, I see the whole ad. campaign as a kind of tongue-in-cheek poke at the whole masculine ideology. I haven't really seen a problem with it, and this is coming from somebody who was once on the receiving end of a Snickers bar to the face during a get-together with friends. Razz The only problem I might have with it is some idiot with a bad sense of humour might try and re-enact the adverts and start tossing them at people.

Oh, and don't forget the infamous Snickers Super Bowl ad in which two men wind up eating the same Hershey's bar which results in a kiss of sorts, they freak out, and "QUICK! DO SOMETHING MANLY!" and one of them tears his own chest hair out.

Now, I thought they were poking fun at homophobia, but apparently given the BAWWWing about that ad, it was actually an attack on gay people.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 8:29 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
Delcat wrote:

Cyberwulf wrote:
...and is currently being advertised by Mr. T under the borderline sexist
slogan, "GET SOME NUTS!"
I dunno, is that really sexist? I mean, it doesn't specify who should be getting the nuts. Perhaps it's just a call for general testicle enjoyment across the board.

It's not as bad as Yorkie's slogan, "It's not for girls", but it is kinda saying "EAT THIS IT WILL MAKE YOU MANLY", which, yeah. Then again Galaxy market exclusively towards women so there you go.

Would this be an appropriate time to mention that in my circle of friends Galaxy(Dove to you yanks) Minstrels are known as Somath fuel?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 11:21 am

Minstrels are delicious.

You know what I miss? Vice-Versas.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 11:45 am

I fucking love Yorkie bars.

AND WISPA OM NOM
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:08 pm

God damn you guys, this thread made me buy a bunch of Creme Eggs and five chocolate bars.

I haven't seen those little Freddy bars for a while, the caramel and chocolate ones shaped like a frog. They're the perfect thing for when you just want a soft caramel fix.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:15 pm

You know what's awesome? Spicy hot cocoa. It's cold outside and it warms you up, and unplugs your nose. It's delicious.

And no, I don't mean spice as in nutmeg or whatever. I mean chili. And when I say chili I don't mean that pedestrian shit. Try jalapeno, red, serrano, habanero, yellow gem, etc. Not that canned crap either. If you're new to real chili I suggest reds, Big Jims, or generic green. Hatch is a bit hot though. Red is usually hotter.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bueno hot chili powder makes your nose explode Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 611762

Other than that I'm not a big fan of chocolate. I don't crave it.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:16 am

I've seen Ghirardelli bars with chili. Seems like an . . . odd . . . combination to me. You can have it.
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:21 am

Then there was Walkers' Chocolate with Chilli flavoured crisps [potato chips to you Yanks].

I never tasted them. The English Breakfast ones were yummy, though. So were the Mint Squirrel flavour. Razz

EDIT:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Minstrels are delicious.

You know what I miss? Vice-Versas.
I've always enjoyed Revels, simply because of the advert they ran a while ago with the two guys playing Revel Roulette. Those were intense.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Just Chipper on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:29 am

Just Chipper wrote:
Then there was Walkers' Chocolate with Chilli flavoured crisps [potato chips to you Yanks].

I tried one of those once.
What a wretchedly absurd but frightfully addictive flavour. I would never buy one again, but I couldn't not eat the whole bag. o_o
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:35 am

EileenK98 wrote:
I've seen Ghirardelli bars with chili. Seems like an . . . odd . . . combination to me. You can have it.
It's not too bad, although the flavours are quite separate. First you get chocolate with a faint taste of chili, then the chili on your throat once you've swallowed the chocolate.

Nihilist wrote:
You know what's awesome? Spicy hot cocoa. It's cold outside and it warms you up, and unplugs your nose. It's delicious.
Ginger hot chocolate is the best ever.

(whyyyyyyy do we not have that 'arms folded' smily anymore)
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:31 pm

My sister got one of the Ghiradelli bars. She loved it, I thought it was meh-ish, and it dang' near killed a friend who tasted it unknowingly. Acquired taste, clearly.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Americans Steal the Curly Wurly
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6