Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Americans For Truth About Homosexuality

Go down 
+15
Adagio
Miss Misery
TheHermit
Miss Prince
Rabid Badger
Exodia's Right Leg
Mikey Go WOOGA
the asylum
Drabbler
Jesus.
Lexin
TheIan
myeerah
Alhazred
ZoZo
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Americans For Truth About Homosexuality Empty
PostSubject: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:42 am

Americans For Truth About Homosexuality features a surprising lack of truth.

Let's begin our adventure by looking at their mission statement.

Quote :
Peter LaBarbera, 47, is president of Americans For Truth (about Homosexuality, or AFTAH), a group dedicated to exposing the homosexual activist agenda. Founded as a part-time venture in 1996 but reorganized in August 2006, AFTAH seeks to apply the same single-minded determination to opposing the radical homosexual agenda and standing for God-ordained sexuality and the natural family as countless homosexual groups do in promoting their harmful agenda.

Americans For Truth is a rare single-issue national group on the other side of this critical “culture war” issue. Meanwhile, there are over a dozen national American “gay” groups with annual budgets ranging from just under $1 million to over $30 million working to advance this agenda — which threatens to criminalize Christian opposition to behavior that most Americans believe is wrong.
Poor oppressed heterosexual Christians! Everyone's out to get them.

Quote :
As one who rejects the notion of inborn “gay” identity (“orientation”) and who believes that homosexual practice is always wrong but that people can leave the homosexual lifestyle, LaBarbera does not fit the liberal caricature of the angry “homophobe,” even as some homosexual activists try to portray him as such.
Sounds a lot like homophobia to me...

Quote :
For the record, LaBarbera also has been smeared and denounced by Fred Phelps of “God Hates Fags” notoriety, after criticizing the Kansas pastor’s unChristian message.
Oh, that's OK then. He's clearly a nice bloke, Fred Phelps hates him.

Oh wait. Phelpsy hates everyone.

Quote :
“The reality we face is that the same ‘gay’ movement that has reached unparalleled power and influence also aims to redefine traditional Judeo-Christian sexual mores as ‘hatred,’ ‘bigotry,’ and ‘phobic’ prejudice on a par with racism,” he said. “Most Americans are simply unaware of the tremendous threat to freedom and morality that this radical ideology poses to society and especially to committed people of faith.”
Funny thing is. there's very little on the specifics of what this "threat" is...

What kind of issues do AFTAH face?

They're pissed off that a gay person is treated with "great respect".

They think gay people should be banned from working in airport security, advocating "common sense, healthy discrimination".

They invite gay people to banquets but qon't give them "married couple" discounts.

God, I could go on. The place is a treasure trove of "we're not bigoted, but..."

I'll leave the snark up to you guys. I can't be funny when I'm angry.
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:21 am

Religious brainwashing at its finest. They'll never be able to tell anyone what the actual "threat" is, it's paranoia so deeply ingrained they can't tell fantasy from reality.

You could use this as a lesson in cognitive dissonance. God tells us to love everyone, but we don't love gays, but we're totally not homophobes because we believe faggotry is a choice! See how much this makes sense!
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:46 am

I always want to ask people like this, "When did you choose to be heterosexual?"
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:28 am

myeerah wrote:
I always want to ask people like this, "When did you choose to be heterosexual?"
I'd never even thought to do that. That is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:54 am

Well shit, if Phelps hates him, then there really is no hope for this, is there?

Am I the only one who honestly wishes John Lennon was still alive to set these fuckers straight and teach them hate is not the answer?
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am

TheIan wrote:
Am I the only one who honestly wishes John Lennon was still alive to set these fuckers straight and teach them hate is not the answer?
I fear this lot would be even beyond John's ability to cure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 12:52 pm

"False Facts" wrote:
Businesses are now forced to give benefits to same-sex couples regardless of any moral or religious objection the business owner may have.

Nooooooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:14 pm

myeerah wrote:
I was in college.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:20 pm

Drabbler wrote:
myeerah wrote:
I was in college.

Fantastic. Care to share the story?
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 2:52 pm

Not here. Maybe someday down the line. It occurred to me after I posted that I should've added...

Drabbler's experience may not be typical.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Quote :
“Most Americans are simply unaware of the tremendous threat to freedom and morality that this radical ideology poses to society and especially to committed people of faith.”

This is precious. Someone ought to write a alarmingly cautionary novel about it.

2084- The world is split into three superpowers; Gaydia, Otherpeopleia and Eastotherpeopleia, after the global culture war destroyed all traces of the resource simply called "morality." Gaydia is run by the "Inn'im Party," which through relentless propaganda and brainwashing, has made "free-thinking" heterosexuality not only outlawed, but outright impossible. "Big Bugger" always knows whats right. All exalt the wisdom and infallible leadership of Big Bugger. One man, however, secretly harbors thoughts of rebellion against the new order- thoughts of God, thoughts of being straight in general. Soon this man is found out, and subjected to weeks upon weeks of torture in Room 1-In-1. When he is released, he comes to the great, awe-inspiring epiphany that he loves Big Bugger. And men.

WAKE UP AMERICA, THIS COULD BE YOUR FUTURE!
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:39 pm

ZoZo wrote:
myeerah wrote:

Not really. Anyone with a single atom of quick wit is going to answer, without missing a beat, "When I saw Halle Berry in Swordfish. DVD-us pause-us!" Razz
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:42 pm

Quote :
Founded as a part-time venture in 1996 but reorganized in August 2006, AFTAH seeks to apply the same single-minded determination to opposing the radical homosexual agenda and standing for God-ordained sexuality and the natural family as countless homosexual groups do in promoting their harmful agenda.
Single-minded determination = obtuse WHARRGARBL hate
Radical homosexual agenda = being gay without being bothered about it
God-ordained sexuality = "the man should approach the woman at certain times (like the animals, who know more about those things than we do), impregnate her, and move away in boredom" - Queiroz
Natural family = The 17th century social construct of one mother, one father, and their (preferably biological, since marriage exists only to make babies) children
Their harmful agenda = Insisting on being gay despite our protests
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:42 pm

I wonder how badly I could freak them out if I mentioned that there are likely gay people working in places they frequent every day BUT THEY LOOK AND ACT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

That's right. You could be sitting next to a gay person at work and never know it!

To quote my brother Christopher "The horror! The horror!"

I couldn't quite figure out why they thought gay people should be banned from working airport security. Then I remembered the current security checks. Of course, no one wants to be patted down by a gay person, since we all know they're nothing but sex fiends and will probably rape you on the spot. Or at least try to turn you into a homosexual with their magical gay powers. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
I wonder how badly I could freak them out if I mentioned that there are likely gay people working in places they frequent every day BUT THEY LOOK AND ACT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

That's right. You could be sitting next to a gay person at work and never know it!

To quote my brother Christopher "The horror! The horror!"

I couldn't quite figure out why they thought gay people should be banned from working airport security. Then I remembered the current security checks. Of course, no one wants to be patted down by a gay person, since we all know they're nothing but sex fiends and will probably rape you on the spot. Or at least try to turn you into a homosexual with their magical gay powers. Rolling Eyes
"What the hell are you doing? What's that wand for?"
"I'm checking to make sure you don't have any more metal objects, sir."
"Get away from me with that thing! I know a gay-zer gun when I see one!"
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:25 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
myeerah wrote:

Not really. Anyone with a single atom of quick wit is going to answer, without missing a beat, "When I saw Halle Berry in Swordfish. DVD-us pause-us!" Razz

Of course, when the women pull out that answer it undermines their argument a tad.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:54 pm

^^Thats where John Travolta comes in, rite?
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:56 pm

the asylum wrote:

If I were a woman, I would not fuck John Travolta. He's not really that good looking, and the motherfucker's crazy.

Granted, Halle Berry doesn't really "do" anything for me either.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 3:36 am

TheHermit wrote:
the asylum wrote:

If I were a woman, I would not fuck John Travolta. He's not really that good looking, and the motherfucker's crazy.

Granted, Halle Berry doesn't really "do" anything for me either.

I'm basically just going off what I hear in passing conversation. I mean, Robert Pattinson doesn't look like much out of the ordinary to me, and, well..... yeah.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 3:32 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:

What am I supposed to do if I actually know a gay person at work -aka- my boss? Am I supposed to just sit there and let her be a lesbian even though she does her job and does it well, and nobody else gives a flying fig about her sexuality? Or should I just suddenly kick up a huge fuss after six years of working for her and see how fast I'm drop-kicked out the window?

scratch

Decisions...decisions...
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 4:41 pm

ZoZo wrote:
They think gay people should be banned from working in airport security, advocating "common sense, healthy discrimination".

I always find it eyebrow-raising how close things like "healthy discrimination" are to Dolores Umbridge's particular brand of Pureblood supremacy. Remarkable, really.

Then again, this time could just be 'cause I'm fresh from watching the newest film. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 7:35 pm

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Miss Misery wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

What am I supposed to do if I actually know a gay person at work -aka- my boss? Am I supposed to just sit there and let her be a lesbian even though she does her job and does it well, and nobody else gives a flying fig about her sexuality? Or should I just suddenly kick up a huge fuss after six years of working for her and see how fast I'm drop-kicked out the window?

scratch

Decisions...decisions...

It all depends on how fond you are of having a regular job and a roof over your head.

Also, good bosses who do their job well are damn hard to find, no matter what their sexual orientation.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:51 pm

Miss Misery wrote:
Or should I just suddenly kick up a huge fuss after six years of working for her and see how fast I'm drop-kicked out the window?
I wish my boss would dropkick people out of windows...
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Americans For Truth About Homosexuality   Americans For Truth About Homosexuality EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:

It all depends on how fond you are of having a regular job and a roof over your head.

I've grown quite fond of it. Razz

Rabid Badger wrote:

Also, good bosses who do their job well are damn hard to find, no matter what their sexual orientation.

Isn't that the truth.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Americans For Truth About Homosexuality
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next