Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Americans Steal the Curly Wurly

Go down 
+46
Verandering
Anon
Goat
Kitbug
Sparrow
EileenK98
Cyberwulf
Selenite
Dick Powers
spoonhead75
Chicago Brown
myeerah
Penguin
Manny
Kremlin
Ivo
Fairlight
Adagio
grmblfjx
gaijinguy
InkWeaver
Reepicheep-chan
Jay/Cris
Lady Anne
Tungsten Monk
Malganis
Freezer
Lysander
Theaphelia
theweirdkind
Blooferlady
Sutremaine
Delcat
karmyn31
Zeiss Manifold
saeku
Seule
Lapin
DarthDarthington
Raine
KelinciHutan
Root Admin
Mafiosa
Just Chipper
ZoZo
Somath Cegem
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:45 am

Yeah. IIRC, Hershey initially supplied Mars with chocolate, then under new management Mars cut ties and made their own stuff, and it was all downhill from there.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:45 am

MAYONNAISE IS FUCKING LOVELY FUCK YOU

I miss those collectible statuettes from the Kinder eggs too. Between us my sibs and I had all the Teeny Terrapins, with several doubles.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:47 am

KelinciHutan wrote:
Miss Prince wrote:
And suddenly I understand that M&M probably stands for Mars & Mars, as it was developed by the company's founder and his son together.

...I want chocolate now. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mars and Murrie, actually. Murrie is for Bruce Murrie who was the son of William F.R. Murrie, a president of Hershey's for a while. Mars and Hershey's hate each other rather passionately now, but they started out as terribly friendly with one another. I don't remember the whole story but there was candy empires and family backstabbityness and corporate maneuvering. It was actually pretty interesting when I saw it.

Huh, that's interesting. Thanks for the info Razz So much candy knowledge I am gaining today!
Back to top Go down
spoonhead75
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spoonhead75

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:49 am

In Germany Mars bars and Milky Ways are two completely different things.
Milky ways don't have any caramel in them.

Mars is Mars and Snickers is Snickers.

And Raider is now Twix. Wink

I'm annoyed with Kinder eggs, too. Especially as most of the time the things don't work properly or fall apart after they've worked three times.

I used to have two mini-smurfs. And almost all Happy Hippos.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:49 am

Chris91 wrote:
For my money, Hershey's leaves all other chocolates-- with the possible exception of Nestle --in the dust.

Thou shalt not buy Nestlé products.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:51 am

Chris91 wrote:
saeku wrote:
Godiva > British Cadbury's > Hershey's > Feces > American Cadbury's

Respectfully have to disagree with you there. For my money, Hershey's leaves all other chocolates-- with the possible exception of Nestle --in the dust.

Hershey tastes like sawdust and corn syrup. The taste, texture, and entire experience are horrible.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:56 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
MAYONNAISE IS FUCKING LOVELY FUCK YOU

IAWTC

Only the best can handle the tastiness of mayo.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:59 am

myeerah wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
saeku wrote:

Respectfully have to disagree with you there. For my money, Hershey's leaves all other chocolates-- with the possible exception of Nestle --in the dust.

Hershey tastes like sawdust and corn syrup. The taste, texture, and entire experience are horrible.

Yeah, I like Hershey's pretty well, but trade restrictions make American mass-produced candy not very high on the totem pole internationally.

But the people who think Hershey's is bad have never tried the REALLY cheap Easter/Valentine's seasonal candies.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:01 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:
Miss Prince wrote:
And suddenly I understand that M&M probably stands for Mars & Mars, as it was developed by the company's founder and his son together.

...I want chocolate now. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mars and Murrie, actually. Murrie is for Bruce Murrie who was the son of William F.R. Murrie, a president of Hershey's for a while. Mars and Hershey's hate each other rather passionately now, but they started out as terribly friendly with one another. I don't remember the whole story but there was candy empires and family backstabbityness and corporate maneuvering. It was actually pretty interesting when I saw it.

...It stands for something? Yay, I learned something new today!
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Miss Prince wrote:
myeerah wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
saeku wrote:

Yeah, I like Hershey's pretty well, but trade restrictions make American mass-produced candy not very high on the totem pole internationally.

But the people who think Hershey's is bad have never tried the REALLY cheap Easter/Valentine's seasonal candies.

Oh, those just taste like sawdust.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Jay/Cris wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
For my money, Hershey's leaves all other chocolates-- with the possible exception of Nestle --in the dust.

Thou shalt not buy Nestlé products.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:41 pm

My half American friend always brings back American sweets when she goes there every summer so that we can laugh about how disgusting they are. The Hershey's. Oh, god, the Hershey's. It tastes like shit.

By 'shit', I don't mean that it tastes bad. I mean that it literally tastes like faeces.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Seule wrote:
My half American friend always brings back American sweets when she goes there every summer so that we can laugh about how disgusting they are. The Hershey's. Oh, god, the Hershey's. It tastes like shit.

By 'shit', I don't mean that it tastes bad. I mean that it literally tastes like faeces.

...Do you...do you have a lot of experience consuming faeces? I just...I hear people say something "literally tastes like faeces" a lot, and it always causes the vague thought of "Do you really know that?"
Back to top Go down
Kitbug
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kitbug

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:12 pm

After having spent a summer on a dairy farm, I can safely assure you that Hershey's is no where near as bad as shit.
Back to top Go down
http://kitbug.livejournal.com
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Miss Prince wrote:
Word on this. Palmer's is made of grit and disappointment.
Cyberwulf wrote:
...and is currently being advertised by Mr. T under the borderline sexist
slogan, "GET SOME NUTS!"
I dunno, is that really sexist? I mean, it doesn't specify who should be getting the nuts. Perhaps it's just a call for general testicle enjoyment across the board.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Delcat wrote:

Cyberwulf wrote:
slogan, "GET SOME NUTS!"
I dunno, is that really sexist? I mean, it doesn't specify who should be getting the nuts. Perhaps it's just a call for general testicle enjoyment across the board.

It's not as bad as Yorkie's slogan, "It's not for girls", but it is kinda saying "EAT THIS IT WILL MAKE YOU MANLY", which, yeah. Then again Galaxy market exclusively towards women so there you go.
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Delcat wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
slogan, "GET SOME NUTS!"
It's Mr. T yelling at men, men caught doing what would be considered 'girly' things ("TOE DIPPER!"), and then throwing Snickers bars at them whilst implying they should grow some balls.

Eh, I see the whole ad. campaign as a kind of tongue-in-cheek poke at the whole masculine ideology. I haven't really seen a problem with it, and this is coming from somebody who was once on the receiving end of a Snickers bar to the face during a get-together with friends. Razz The only problem I might have with it is some idiot with a bad sense of humour might try and re-enact the adverts and start tossing them at people.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:54 pm

No one mentioned the sheer awesome of Lindt Swiss chocolate yet?

It's like the Captain Picard of chocolate. Other stuff can be great, but this stuff is better.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Hot Cancer wrote:

It's like the Captain Picard of chocolate. Other stuff can be great, but this stuff is better.

Everyone and their mother mentioned Lindt.

In Hershey's defense, at least it melts quick for smores.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:00 pm

^ Trufax.
Back to top Go down
Theaphelia
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Theaphelia

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:01 pm

I actually really like Endangered Species chocolate. They have some sort of WTF flavors (I never thought of cranberries and chocolate as going together), but what I've had is good. They have a bar that has actual cacao bits in it. That was a good sort of unique.

Quote :
I just...I hear people say something "literally
tastes like faeces" a lot, and it always causes the vague thought of
"Do you really know that?"

So do I. I ought to start asking people if they've ever actually tried shit/piss next time someone makes that remark.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Hot Cancer wrote:

Don't I feel like a fuckin' asshole..
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Hot Cancer wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Hot Cancer wrote:

Don't I feel like a fuckin' asshole..

I AM ASHAMED OF YOU

HOW DARE YOU NOT READ AN ENTIRE 4 PAGES OF " MY CHOCOLATE IS THE BESTEST EVER"

Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 611762
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
p.s. cadbury eggs are shit there I said it

FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Just Chipper wrote:
It's Mr. T yelling at men, men caught doing what would be considered 'girly' things ("TOE DIPPER!"), and then throwing Snickers bars at them whilst implying they should grow some balls.
Ah, carry on, then.
Cyberwulf wrote:
It's not as bad as Yorkie's slogan, "It's not for girls"
Heeeey, I know about those things! Seiran and I ate them on a trip to England! Out of SPITE.

...which is probably what they were going for in the first place BUT A MORAL VICTORY WAS HAD.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Americans Steal the Curly Wurly   Americans Steal the Curly Wurly - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Americans Steal the Curly Wurly
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next