Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat

Go down 
+26
myeerah
unskilled78
Mikey Go WOOGA
Zeiss Manifold
Lurv
Grimley Fieendish
Spotts1701
Cyberwulf
Sheba
Knight
Seule
Lady Anne
Maximilia
Narwhal
Root Admin
Lapin
Mae Bedlam
Mr.Doobie
Penguin
Rabid Badger
Psy-4
Delcat
theweirdkind
Mafiosa
InkWeaver
Malganis
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat Empty
PostSubject: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:38 pm

Is it just me, or is this soooo fucking creepy it's not even funny?

Quote :
Microsoft patent details technology to make 360's
avatars have same physical appearance as their real-world
counterparts--and thereby promote physical fitness.

Uh-huh, because how a person looks - and thereby, how their ONLINE AVATAR looks -- is a complete and totally accurate measure of their day-to-day health! Rolling Eyes

Quote :
Microsoft has shown a keen interest in boosting the Xbox 360's status as a community hub. Leading this initiative has been Xbox Live Avatars, which offer a 3D representation of their owners on the online service.

Now, Microsoft is contemplating tying real-world health and psychological data to said avatars in an effort to discourage many-a-gamer's sedentary lifestyle.

And how the fuck is my or my boyfriend's or anyone else's health any of their damn business? Aside from the monetary advantage they have if I continue to live and buy their product (which I may seriously NOT do so now, having heard about this...)?

Quote :
Last week, Microsoft's patent application titled "Avatar Individualized by Physical Characteristic" popped up in the US Patent and Trademark Offices' online database. The filing details a way in which Microsoft can introduce a heightened degree of reality into the appearance of gamers' avatars by utilizing a third-party health-care data repository (Microsoft gives Health Vault as an example) or a Wii Vitality Sensor-like device.

To incentivize people to improve their physical well-being, Microsoft's
filing notes that gamers will be locked out of certain components of a
game or a chat room until the proper health parameters are met.

Oh really? "Oops, we see that you have a chronic/incurable disease/condition! No cool content for you, you fatso/skeleton/sick bastard!"

Quote :
"Physical data that reflects a degree of health of the real person can
be linked to rewards of capabilities of a gaming avatar, an amount of time budgeted to play, or a visible indication," the filing reads. "Thereby, people are encouraged to exercise."

Screw you, you santimonious twits. Take your moral righteousness, sit on it, and spin.

Quote :
Microsoft's patent application might tie in with Project Natal, the
Xbox 360's forthcoming camera-based motion-sensing add-on. As part of
its 2009 Electronic Entertainment Expo press conference, Microsoft showed off how the device will scan a person's body and represent it onscreen via physically proportionate silhouette. It also showed off several activity-oriented titles in development for Project Natal, including the physically demanding Ricochet, a 3D, full-body version of Breakout.

BIG BROTHER MICROSOFT IS WATCHING YOU

Quote :
Microsoft's filing goes on to note that it wouldn't just be physical
characteristics that could be refined. "The physical characteristics can be further extended to psychological traits associated with the physical person, including intelligence, religious beliefs, political affiliations, and hobbies that affect the rendering of an avatar," the application reads.

Great, so we have possible discrimination against not just the physically ill, but the mentally ill, as well, and highly personal information that a JOB INTERVIEWER, say, is FORBIDDEN BY LAW from asking a potential job applicant. This is just so creepy and wrong and bad I cannot begin to express how sick the thought of it is making me.

Oh, and read the last paragraph. It just screams "PEOPLE WILL BE USING THIS TO HARASS FEMALE GAMERS SEXUALLY!"

FFS, Microsoft, my boyfriend just got an XBox 360, and I was thinking of getting one. Now I'm honestly considering looking at other gaming consoles even though the XBox gaming system has games that I've thought looked cool for YEARS on it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:51 pm

Now, do we know if this is something that will HAVE to be used? Do they plan for this creepy "health"-watching bullshit to be mandatory in order to use their "live" programs?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:53 pm

I'm not understanding how they're suppose to get your information? so I'm guessing it's moot point. looks like they just gobbled up the patent to make an ill-advise grab at the gaming/fitness market.

InkWeaver wrote:
Now, do we know if this is something that will HAVE
to be used? Do they plan for this creepy "health"-watching bullshit to
be mandatory in order to use their "live" programs?

To me, in the patent, it looks like just the one game; not all of X-Box live.

e: Am I the only one getting the vibe that this is entirely voluntary?

ee: from the SA thread on this:

Quote :
Microsoft files thousands of patents every year and most of them only exist for R&D tax credit.

What I mean is I have doubts that a technology like this would ever be actualized.

Last edited by Mafiosa on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:57 pm

I think they're going to have a sensor system or something. That's just creepy.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Fucking hell, man. I've never been happy to not have a wireless connection, but that helps. I mean, I don't mind making honest avatars (and keeping my Sim the right shape is a bitch with the +Athletic tombs in the new expansion, gawd), but all that Big Brother shit is just creepy, and people should have the right to look how they want in a fantasy world? And locking people out of stuff? Uh, no? It's bad enough that I can only play half of some of my 360 games that I paid for with my own money because I don't have wireless, I'm not about to let them rook me out of more content just because I'm a fat bastard.

They have got to be trollin'.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:37 pm

If they implement this, I wonder how long will it take for people to realize that the only entity left in their lives, who gives enough of a shit about their wellbeing to try and get them to do something is the multi-billion dollar corporation that has the least to gain from them getting off their ass and doing something other than playing Xbox and buying their shit.

Also, nice try, Malganis, fuzzing over what groups they mean, or why the article outrages you. They mean overweight people.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:33 am

I wonder if they'll discriminate against people who weren't particularly healthy but look that way? Tthe closest my son Andrew ever gets to exercise is occasionally mowing the lawn during the summer. He weighs maybe 120 lbs (his girlfriend bought him a belt buckle for Christmas, in the hopes he'll buy a belt because his pants are constantly sliding down his non-existant ass). He's not bad looking, but he's a heavy smoker, has asthma, and suffers from anxiety and depression. Still, I suppose they'd give him a pass because at least he isn't overweight and ugly. He looks real good for someone who's likely going to end up dying of emphysema or COPD 20 years before his time.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 4:42 am

Psy-4 wrote:
If they implement this, I wonder how long will it take for people to realize that the only entity left in their lives, who gives enough of a shit about their wellbeing to try and get them to do something is the multi-billion dollar corporation that has the least to gain from them getting off their ass and doing something other than playing Xbox and buying their shit.
Wow, way to paint all gamers ever as lifeless losers without any social or familial connections whose only chance at redemption is to be told to exercise by an entertainment company.

Seriously, I do not buy video games to be told to exercise. I buy video games to exercise sometimes, I do like DDR, but I don't expect it to check up on me if I skip a day, and I do it because it's fun. I buy video games for fun. I buy them for a pleasant break from reality after a long day at school. If I wanted to be whined at about my weight, I'd go talk to Mikey. It's not something that's wanted or expected from something that I paid good money to own.

That's what really bothers me--the self-righteous save-the-world attitude. Call me a gamer libertarian, but I don't approve of that kind of meddling. It's like if your toaster started nagging you about not smoking--it may be a valid message and one that could improve your life, but sometimes all you want is some fucking toast.

ETA: Good God, could you imagine if people tried to pull this shit with an anti-smoking message? Or anti-drinking, or whatever other equally-or-more-unhealthy-but-socially-sympathetic vice?

ETAA:
Quote :
The filing also indicates ways in which Microsoft can facilitate
determining an individual's mental health or mood. "For example, as a
person utilizes Voice over IP to chat with a viewing person in the
virtual environment, stress could be detected to gauge honesty," the
application notes.
George tap-dancing Orwell. Go on, Psy, defend the creepy lie-detecting motherfuckers some more.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 5:03 am

Malganis wrote:

I would say that describes your newest avatar pretty well. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 7:05 am

Quote :
Screw you, you santimonious twits. Take your moral righteousness, sit on it, and spin.

YOU SPIN ME RIGHT 'ROUND BABY RIGHT 'ROUND! LIKE A RECORD BABY RIGHT 'ROUND RIGHT 'ROUND!

Spoiler:

As creepy and horrible as this sounds, I have to agree that I don't think they'll make it mandatory, and I even doubt that this project will get anywhere off the ground. I remain skeptical of how they're going to pull off this whole "Big Bill Gates is watching you" shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:08 am

Delcat wrote:
Seriously, I do not buy video games to be told to exercise.
I doubt you do anything that in any way relates to exercise. Oh yeah, and remember, a pill that allows you to lose weight even if you use a shovel to eat food with does not exist.

Delcat wrote:
I buy them for a pleasant break from reality after a long day at school.
But not after a session at the gym.

Delcat wrote:
If I wanted to be whined at about my weight, I'd go talk to Mikey.
Someone has to care about your weight, because who else will? You? That's a laugh.

Delcat wrote:
It's not something that's wanted or expected from something that I paid good money to own.
Consumerism at its best(worst?)

Delcat wrote:
It's like if your toaster started nagging you about not smoking--it may be a valid message and one that could improve your life, but sometimes all you want is some fucking toast.
You're proof that no matter how advanced medical science gets, no matter how much anyone tries to get humanity to better itself, humanity will always try to crawl to an early grave.

Delcat wrote:
ETA: Good God, could you imagine if people tried to pull this shit with an anti-smoking message? Or anti-drinking, or whatever other equally-or-more-unhealthy-but-socially-sympathetic vice?
They put anti-smoking messages on cigarette packs, doctors in Britain get bonuses for getting patients to quit smoking, this would be a more pro-active form of that.

Delcat wrote:
George tap-dancing Orwell. Go on, Psy, defend the creepy lie-detecting motherfuckers some more.
They do what they must, because they can.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 9:48 am

Psy-4, you've already admitted that you're overweight yourself. Posts like that are just making your self-loathing increasingly obvious.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 9:59 am

(Shrugs) I still want the XBox 360. What do I care if Microsoft says I'm overweight?
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:17 am

Penguin wrote:
Malganis wrote:

I would say that describes your newest avatar pretty well. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And this is relevant to anything because...? Rolling Eyes

Psy-4 wrote:
Also, nice try, Malganis, fuzzing over what groups they mean, or why the article outrages you. They mean overweight people.

Bullfuckingshit, and you know it, troll. Like this doesn't potentially affect people who are overweight but healthy and people who are underweight but healthy, people who are recovering from anorexia/bulimia/another eating disorder that may cause them to gain or lose weight, people who are presently losing or gaining weight to be healthier but aren't at the "magic number" that Microsoft deems is healthly ENOUGH, people who have chronic illnesses, terminal illnesses, or disabilities that cause them to be considered 'less healthy' or 'able' than the norm (or whatever norm Microsoft is pushing).

Oh, and I haven't even touched the mental dimensions. How about people with: clinical depression, schizophrenia, emotional disorders, autism, Aspergers... basically anything that causes their mental profile to not be the 'norm' of what is considered perfectly healthy?

How about religion, which is an intensely personal and controversial subject and not any of a software/gaming company's damn business?

And again, why the fuck is any of this Microsoft's business? And why should content that consumers have presumably paid for be made available or not available based on something like weight (which fluctuates, and can fluctuate naturally based on such things as periods and pregnancies) or health (which can fluctuate as well, and is a different thing for different people), according to the whim of their nanny Microsoft? Answers: it's not, and it shouldn't be.

Lapin wrote:
What do I care if Microsoft says I'm overweight?

Because it's a gross suggested invasion of consumer privacy, and so stupid and infuriatingly self-righteous that whoever came up with it deserves to be busted back down to scrubbing the Microsoft company toilets or picking lint off the cubicle walls.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:40 am

Malganis wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Malganis wrote:

And this is relevant to anything because...? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Psy-4 wrote:

Bullfuckingshit, and you know it, troll. Like this doesn't potentially affect people who are overweight but healthy and people who are underweight but healthy, people who are recovering from anorexia/bulimia/another eating disorder that may cause them to gain or lose weight, people who are presently losing or gaining weight to be healthier but aren't at the "magic number" that Microsoft deems is healthly ENOUGH, people who have chronic illnesses, terminal illnesses, or disabilities that cause them to be considered 'less healthy' or 'able' than the norm (or whatever norm Microsoft is pushing).

Oh, and I haven't even touched the mental dimensions. How about people with: clinical depression, schizophrenia, emotional disorders, autism, Aspergers... basically anything that causes their mental profile to not be the 'norm' of what is considered perfectly healthy?

How about religion, which is an intensely personal and controversial subject and not any of a software/gaming company's damn business?

And again, why the fuck is any of this Microsoft's business? And why should content that consumers have presumably paid for be made available or not available based on something like weight (which fluctuates, and can fluctuate naturally based on such things as periods and pregnancies) or health (which can fluctuate as well, and is a different thing for different people), according to the whim of their nanny Microsoft? Answers: it's not, and it shouldn't be.

Lapin wrote:
What do I care if Microsoft says I'm overweight?

Because it's a gross suggested invasion of consumer privacy, and so stupid and infuriatingly self-righteous that whoever came up with it deserves to be busted back down to scrubbing the Microsoft company toilets or picking lint off the cubicle walls.

Mally, why even bother responding to Psy-4? You know he be trollin', and no matter what argument you come up with, he's just going to respond with "FAT FATTY FAT FAT FATSO!" Arguing with him is like smacking your head against a wall over and over again, it gets you no where.

Not only that, but I don't see getting all up in arms about it. I'm incredibly skeptical of this project coming to fruition. As said above, Microsoft takes out dozens of patents that they never follow through on. And it's not just a matter of them actually putting this patent into action, it's a matter of them finding a cost-effective, sellable way to effectively monitor your mental and physical health. Not only that, but it sounds like what they're trying to make is an optional software, something they can't force you to buy, and if someone really wants Bill Gates telling them that they're fat, well that's their choice. Obviously, your choice is to not buy into this product, so don't.

I just find it funny that Microsoft is doing this. Because Bill Gates is the pinnacle of health and well-being. Yup, just look at that steaming hunk of man-beef...

Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:41 am

Quote :
Because it's a gross suggested invasion of
consumer privacy, and so stupid and infuriatingly self-righteous that
whoever came up with it deserves to be busted back down to scrubbing
the Microsoft company toilets or picking lint off the cubicle walls.

ITT: We pretend like we're being forced to buy Microsoft's products and this game in particular. We also pretend like Wii Fit either a) doesn't exist b) is okay because it's not the evil MICROSOFT. We also don't read the patent.

Microsoft: We Own You (c).

C'mon, people, are we just using the entirety of this forum (rather than the appropriate outlets in the "Something Bad" thread) to project our weight issues so we can act righteously outraged over overblown trivial bullshit that only give people like Mikey or Psy (or me) more fuel to know what pisses you off because it pertains to you or are we going to actually debate with some semblance of sanity and oh nevermind I forgot where I was.

Quote :
And again, why the fuck is any of this Microsoft's business? Answer: it's not.

THEN DON'T TELL THEM IT. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU. BUT GET OUTRAGED OVER IT BECAUSE THEY'RE PICKING ON FAT PEOPLE AGAIN.

Quote :
And this is relevant to anything because...?

whaaaaaaah

Posting this against my better judgment, but fuck you I've been holding my tongue for long enough. Heaven forbid someone would give you the option to buy a weight loss game THOSE FIENDS.

This is probably going to get ignored given my fat comments on the Alkon thread but holy shit you people.
Holy shit.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:59 am

Mafi, you must have deliberately missed the long-ass sections of my TWO posts where I pointed out just how it could not potentially affect only 'fat' people, but anyone who is not of a 'normal' or 'healthy' BMI. Such as very skinny people. Or, hell, what about people who are outwardly of a 'normal' weight but who are not really all that healthy anyway, due to whatever? Or... wow, just read my damn posts. Just read the damn article. This is not just a 'those fat people' issue, and you know it.

Golly gee willickers, heaven forbid I ever be upset about discrimination of consumers based on their size/weight/physical health/mental health... which, as I said, can mean many different things, not just OHNOESOBESITYEPIDEMIC.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:01 pm

Did you miss the part where I told you people aren't being forced to participate.

e: p.s. did you read the patent or just the fear mongering "THEY GONNA BAN U" article

Quote :
Physiological data that
reflect a degree of health of the real person can be linked to rewards of
capabilities of a gaming avatar, an amount of time budgeted to play, or a
visible indication. Thereby, people are encouraged to exercise.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THAT

Quote :
Such as very skinny people.

Don't fight battles for me. My BMI's low and I'm not upset about a computer telling me to eat a sandwich or go outside and gain some muscle.

Last edited by Mafiosa on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Malganis wrote:
could not potentially affect only 'fat' people, but anyone who is not of a 'normal' or 'healthy' BMI

The article wrote:
people are encouraged to exercise
The article wrote:
The article wrote:

e: fb
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:09 pm

After giving it some thought, and as much as I want to sympathize with others and their insecurities, I'm going to pass. Sure, it's messed up that the world seems to have something against overweight people. But then, our society seems to have something against everyone who dares to be themselves. The trick is not letting that shit get to you. I mean hell, if it's not the Xbox 360, it's going to be something else. Mal, you're going to have to build some self-confidence and learn to pick your battles- because if anyone is picking on you it's not because you're overweight, it's because you're insecure and try to put a band-aid over it by flaunting it around-- but the hurt still remains, look at that.

You're going to get picked on until you develop some real confidence in yourself. Sure, this is the internet and your refuge from how mean the real world is, but it should also teach you how to effectively deal with others. I mean sure, you don't like how Mikey's picking on you, but that's how the world is- there's always going to be that person who likes to cut you down. But don't let them get to you. Just like in real life, don't let that one person ruin it.

edit: Mal, even if this does become reality, despite my own insecurities about myself, I am confident enough and proactive enough about my health that it really doesn't bother me. Hell, I understand that not everyone walks everywhere. I started lifting weights again, but it's for my own well-being. I want to. Now to be honest, I'd be upset if they wanted to know what my genitals looked like, but really- I like myself and don't give a shit if some computer program deems me as "unsuitable". I've proven to myself already that I am. And nothing can change that.

Last edited by Nihilist on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:11 pm

People aren't being forced to participate, but Microsoft needs to pull their heads out of their asses if they want to sell their product. I think that this is revolting, invasive, and patronizing to the extreme. What the fuck is wrong with our country anymore? Why is it the government's or any corporation's job to try and nannygoat people about their eating and exercise habits? Why shouldn't someone be able to enjoy a cigarette in a designated smoking place on my college campus? Why are some schools forbidden from selling potato chips and candy bars to students?

If I want to eat McDonald's for every meal and smoke three packs a day and die a horrible, artery-clogged death in my mid 40's, Why the fuck do they care? It isn't even as if they're paying for my health care or anything! I'm the one shelling out cash for that quadruple bypass twenty years down the road! I'm the one shelling out for insurance in the event that my lungs clog up with tar!

I'm sick and fucking tired of The Man trying to be my personal trainer. If I want to be unhealthy I'm going to do it! Fuck off!
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:15 pm

Quote :
Why the fuck do they care?

They need to suck all the votes/money out of you for as long as they can. :whisper:
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:19 pm

Narwhal wrote:
People aren't being forced to participate, but Microsoft needs to pull their heads out of their asses if they want to sell their product. I think that this is revolting, invasive, and patronizing to the extreme. What the fuck is wrong with our country anymore? Why is it the government's or any corporation's job to try and nannygoat people about their eating and exercise habits? Why shouldn't someone be able to enjoy a cigarette in a designated smoking place on my college campus? Why are some schools forbidden from selling potato chips and candy bars to students?

If I want to eat McDonald's for every meal and smoke three packs a day and die a horrible, artery-clogged death in my mid 40's, Why the fuck do they care? It isn't even as if they're paying for my health care or anything! I'm the one shelling out cash for that quadruple bypass twenty years down the road! I'm the one shelling out for insurance in the event that my lungs clog up with tar!

I'm sick and fucking tired of The Man trying to be my personal trainer. If I want to be unhealthy I'm going to do it! Fuck off!

"I WANT TO BE ABLE TO RUN THROUGH THE STREETS NAKED, COVERED IN GREEN JELLO, AND READING PLAYBOY MAGAZINE! WHY? BECAUSE I CAN!"
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:20 pm

I just cannot fucking wait until the public finds something other than obesity and "Going Green" to focus on because it's fucking suffocating. What happened to all the fun nationwide panics? Like that bullshit about the killer bees and when everyone stocked up on canned food for Y2K? I feel like one day I'm going to be telling my treadmill-junkie 8-year-old grandkids about how back in my day candy wasn't illegal and we had to walk to school uphill both ways.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:21 pm

Nihilist wrote:
But then, our society seems to have something against everyone who dares to be themselves.
Yeah, Microsoft hates your jelly rolls, because it can't find enough spank material it likes. Let's forget that the U.S. has no government subsidized UHC for gamers and getting seriously sick from an unhealthy lifestyle is... expensive, to put it graciously.

Narwhal wrote:
Nothing sticks it to The Man more than getting a heart attack and diabetes at the age of 25 and having to pay off medical bills for the rest of your life. Right on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat   Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat Empty

Back to top Go down

Your XBox Live avatar says you're too fat
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next