Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Antidote Let's Plays

Go down 
+23
Alhazred
Penguin
GamemasterAnthony
Electron Blue
gaijinguy
Vanilla-villa
myeerah
Sarin
lurkar
Just Chipper
SirDixonDongs
Chaltab
Lysander
WD40
Trioculus
Thanos6
Animir
Delcat
Kremlin
theweirdkind
InkWeaver
Mafiosa
Raine
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:30 am

Chaltab wrote:
This Let's Play of Mercenaries 2 is pretty damn hilarious. The game itself is rather generic, but the British-Lithuanian duo doing the cooperative play-through is hilarious.

I started watching this because of the phrase "British-Lithuanian duo." Thanks, Chaltab [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:55 am

I'd recommend all of Shamus Young's LPs, starting with his two (completed) screencap ones, Champions Online (here) and LOTRO (here). These two take the form of a narrative, which, since these are MMOs, means it gets pretty fucking crazy - and hilarious. His other series, Spoiler Warning, has three people on it commenting on a game while they play it. Given that all three of them are professional game journalists/entertainers, they spot a lot of plot holes and make a lot of damned funny jokes. They've already tackled Mass Effect in its entirety and they're currently working on Fallout 3. Here's an example of their sort of humor and gaming criticism:
Quote :
“Then later we got through a village of children who fdso gah
frrzlmpr blaaa huygggnl asdf;lj so we could enter vault 87 and recover a
GECK, a device which would be better put to use in virtually any
possible manner besides the one for which we had acquired it.”
These guys are intelligent, funny, and have a great social dynamic between them. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:32 am

Vanilla-villa wrote:
Let's Play - Sonic the Hedgehog (Relaxed version)

Words cannot describe how awesome this is.

My face just lit up at the sound of his voice. It's like I'm listening to the coolest DJ that ever existed. :D
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:28 am

Ever wondered what actually was going through the mind of silent protagonist Gordon Freeman during Half-Life?

Well now you can: Presenting Freeman's Mind

This site has collected the whole thing so far (It's not finished) in two complations:

Part 1: Episodes 1-13

Part 2:Episodes 14-29

The first two episodes, because they consist of the intro/beginning of the game are a little slow. But stick with it! Once you get to ep.4, you won't want to stop!
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 7:31 am

Raine (Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:32 am) wrote:
Vanilla-villa wrote:
Let's Play - Sonic the Hedgehog (Relaxed version)

Words cannot describe how awesome this is.

My face just lit up at the sound of his voice. It's like I'm listening to the coolest DJ that ever existed. :D

Very nice! The guy kinda comes off as sounding like a young Barry White.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 8:52 am

The Best Modern Warfare Commentator Ever
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:39 pm

How about a Let's Play of Quake.

Too easy?

How about a Let's Play of Quake with 100% secrets found.

Still too easy?

How about a Let's Play of Quake with 100% kills and 100% secrets found.

Child's play, huh?

Well how about a Let's Play of Quake with 100% kills and 100% secrets found, on a perfect, no-deaths run.

More? You want more?

Let's see... What about a Let's Play of Quake with 100% kills and 100% secrets found, on a perfect, no-deaths run, on nightmare mode?

MOAR!!

Fine, would you be satisfied with a Let's Play of Quake with 100% kills and 100% secrets found, on a perfect, no-deaths run, on nightmare mode and done in under 1 hour?

FUCK YEAH!
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:52 pm

This entire thread is pretty great, but the LPs by Dectilon, MaxwellAdams and Mr. Swoon/Charkie in particular are a joy to watch. This video had me laughing for about 10 minutes after it finished.
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:19 pm

Oh shit, a double post.

This fucking Let's Play is so damn good, I've spent all day reading it near enough non-stop. Even if you've played and hated Knights Of The Old Republic II and thought it was a sloppy cut to shit mess, all of what was removed from the game gets put back in and explained and an amazing story emerges from it all.

This update, in particular, is what sealed the deal for me. It's probably the first speaking aloud "Holy shit." moment I've had with Let's Play, it's that good.
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Honestly, I think the best thing about that KotOR2 LP isn't that it uses the cut content to flesh the story out, but that it also fleshes out the subtleties in what wasn't cut to begin with. It's a great guide for dealing with players whose reaction to the game was "lol Kreia was the worst character ever I wish she would STFU."

I just wish the cut content mod could've restored the alternate ending where you would've found Atris on Malachor after Kreia passes on the mantle of Darth Treya to her. Goddamn I wanted to see that bitch eat her foot even more than she already did.

Anyway, some other LPs...

Fallout, done seriously; the Vault Dweller is a naive idealist who first exits Vault 13 positive that he's totally not going to need the gun they send him off with. Nice character development as he proves to be adaptable enough to become the kind of jaded, cynical, cautious person who can actually survive in the wasteland.

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, done seriously; player-character is a male Tremere. Lots of detail everywhere, a nicely thorough expansion on the game's narrative with the PC being fleshed out a lot more.

Xenogears, aka Xenodurr. Done very much not seriously, also apparently done on a dare. It's practically a Rifftrax, but manages to keep a handle on relaying the actual plot, too. Also has a runthrough of Babel Tower that anyone who's played the game will agree with. Strongly. "Aim for the swingy bit!" "Son of a bitch!" "We can't jump, a random encounter looked at us!" "Ass ass ass ass assssss!" "SOOOON OF A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!"

X-Com: UFO Defense, done...I'm not really sure, honestly. On the one hand, it follows the plot pretty faithfully with little OOC commentary. On the other hand, the cast is taken from the readership and employed so literally that you have Andrew Jackson fighting aliens at one point. And the mad scientist makes powered armor for her cat.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:01 pm

Alhazred wrote:

Xenogears, aka Xenodurr. Done very much not seriously, also apparently done on a dare. It's practically a Rifftrax, but manages to keep a handle on relaying the actual plot, too. Also has a runthrough of Babel Tower that anyone who's played the game will agree with. Strongly. "Aim for the swingy bit!" "Son of a bitch!" "We can't jump, a random encounter looked at us!" "Ass ass ass ass assssss!" "SOOOON OF A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!"

What I want to know is when the damn thing will update again! It's been sitting on part 36 for months upon months.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:31 am

Mangaminx's Amnesia: The Dark Descent LP. Scary as shit in the best of ways and narrated in a fun, humorous manner by a pleasant-voiced British chick. You WILL develop a love-hate relationship with Mr. Face.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:19 pm

Stumbled across this and spend all evening reading it. It is glorious!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Snake Bandage wrote:
Mangaminx's Amnesia: The Dark Descent LP. Scary as shit in the best of ways and narrated in a fun, humorous manner by a pleasant-voiced British chick. You WILL develop a love-hate relationship with Mr. Face.
Ahhh, yes, Amnesia: The Dark Descent. A game that will put hair on your balls.
The only Let's Play I ever saw of it was done by the good Jesse Cox. He's also done other Let's Plays, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Skyrim, Crysis 2 and several more.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:52 pm

This website I follow forwarded me a link to this awesome Pokemon playthrough wherein Pokemon Red is defeated with nothing but a Weedle.

It's pretty damn hardcore

Miss Prince's Place wrote:
So I had the thought a while ago that I might do a Let’s Play of Pokemon Red/Blue with only Weedle! I quickly realized that that takes waaaaay too much effort and abandoned it. But today I decided to go back to my save and try again, and instead of a full LP I’d just hit the highlights.

Waitamuinite... Miss Prince... OUR Miss Prince? o.o
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:54 pm

WD40 wrote:
This website I follow forwarded me a link to this awesome Pokemon playthrough wherein Pokemon Red is defeated with nothing but a Weedle.

It's pretty damn hardcore

Miss Prince's Place wrote:
So I had the thought a while ago that I might do a Let’s Play of Pokemon Red/Blue with only Weedle! I quickly realized that that takes waaaaay too much effort and abandoned it. But today I decided to go back to my save and try again, and instead of a full LP I’d just hit the highlights.

Waitamuinite... Miss Prince... OUR Miss Prince? o.o

Yup. Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 961878
Back to top Go down
Kakashifan727
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:14 am

I'm bumping. Anyone else watch Two Best Friends Play? Prolly gonna get bashed for watching something so immature or w/e but I enjoy them. Let's get ready for Shitstorm of Scariness 2013 by re-watching the older ones. Linking to playlist.

Back to top Go down
Kakashifan727
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 5:29 pm

Fuck yeah, their Beyond Two Souls LP has begun! Let's see what inconsistencies they point out this time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antidote Let's Plays   Antidote Let's Plays - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Antidote Let's Plays
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2