Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.

Go down 
+16
Lexin
Penguin
Seule
Mary Sue
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
grmblfjx
Kateness
Lapin
The Unoriginal
Seiran
bleachedblackcat
Reepicheep-chan
Lysander
Raine
Rabid Badger
Spotts1701
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. Empty
PostSubject: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:10 am

Linky

Well, since it is December we would be remiss if we didn't go and check the front lines as the crazy folks try to argue that anyone who doesn't say "Merry Christmas" is somehow both anti-American and anti-religion.

Quote :
Millions upon millions in our nation deeply value the great truths of Christmas and the holiday's inspiring place in American life and culture. We hope you will take a moment to "Stand for Christmas" by sharing feedback about your Christmas shopping experiences.

We're asking YOU to decide which retailers are "Christmas-friendly." They want your patronage and your gift-shopping dollars, but do they openly recognize Christmas?

Um...wouldn't all the Christmas trees, the Christmas cards, the Christmas lights be a pretty good clue?

Oh, we're going by what people who visit this website think. Right.

Anyway, each retailer has a score (Friendly, Negligent, Offensive).

Let's see...GAP scored 83% offensive.

Quote :
The GAP ignored Christmas as though it were not a legal holiday, when, in fact, it's the BIGGEST holiday of them all!

Quote :
...offensive that they would compare the BIRTH of our SAVIOR to other "holidays"....

No contradiction there...no siree...

Toys R Us got 37% Negligent and 37% Offensive

Quote :
Toys R Us makes a huge profit from sales of toys at Christmas; however, they refuse to use the word Christmas in their ads. Everything refers to December sales. We even got an e mail advertising the "hottest toy." It went on to infer that your child "had" to have this under the tree.
Why not just use the word Christmas?

Quote :
I did not see one thing that mentioned Christmas when I was at the store. I have been there several time over the last few days. IT is very disturbing.. profit millions off of one of the most sacred
holidays of my faith and not mention Christmas.. SHAMEFUL!

Okay...so what have we learned folks?

If a store is not blaring Christmas music from the time they open until the time they close, if the employees are not saying "Merry Christmas" every chance they get, and if the word Christmas isn't prominently displayed (or if it's included with the "lesser" holidays like Hanukkah), then obviously they are discriminating against Christians.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 8:11 pm

Ah. It's Decembers, and the fundies have come out of hiberation to spend the rest of the month sqwauking about how persecuted they are.

They obviously haven't been to our local Wal-Mart; you can't turn around without running into a Christmas tree. And being aurally assaulted with 'The Christmas Shoes' ever 15 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 8:40 pm

As someone who had to work in a mall basically every day for the few weeks leading up to Christmas last year, I have to say: CHRISTMAS CAROLS ARE NOT "JOYFUL" AND "CELEBRATORY" - THEY ARE TOOLS TO DRIVE PEOPLE MAD.

I'm Christian, but I couldn't care less about shops and Christmas. Seeing people being forced to wear Santa hats or reindeer horns actually annoys me more than fills me with cheer. Even worse when people have those things on and decorations everywhere in food places. I've had more than enough times finding fluff from hats or bits of tinsel in my meal. =/
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 8:57 pm

WWJD?

Jesus wouldn't actually give a shit if you said "Happy Holidays."
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:03 pm

I was reading the other day where the Puritans (the folks responsible for Thanksgiving and the Salem Witch Trials) BANNED the celebration of Christmas for years, including 'singing carols, extravagant feasts, and chosing to spend the day idle instead of working, as the Good Lord intended.' If they caught you having a good time, you ended up in the stocks and had to pay a fine.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:27 pm

The Puritans hated all fun.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:20 am

Shouldn’t the pagans get all the aisles and sales? I mean, it was all their holiday to start with until the Christians stole it.

I say we all write letters to congress pointing out this fact.
Back to top Go down
Seiran

Seiran

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:24 am

My girlfriend has discovered that in "Why didn't you wish me a merry Christmas?!?!" situations, pretending to be Jewish will make them literally run away.

Highest ratings on this site go to Cabela's and Bass Pro, but that's to be expected. Fishermen have been sucking up to Jesus ever since all those occupational miracles.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:46 am

bleachedblackcat wrote:
Shouldn’t the pagans get all the aisles and sales? I mean, it was all their holiday to start with until the Christians stole it.
No, that's heathen propaganda. Heathens would have you believe that the Christmas tree is a pagan symbol, when in reality nothing could be further from the truth. "The triangular shape of the tree is a symbol for Trinity and the wood of the fir tree was used for the Cross. The traditional colours of the ornaments, red white and gold, represent the blood that Christ has shed for us, and the purity and the richness of the Christian religion."

At least that's what I heard on the TV the other day. I laughed so hard that my daughter got scared and ran to Grandma...
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:03 pm

Fun Fact: My mother works for Bass Pro.

Why does it score so high? Because each store spends a couple thousand on a huge tree, they set up a Santa's Workshop complete with elves who will help your kids write letters to Santa, and stands that sell fudge, hot chocolate and those cinnamon-and-sugar fried pecans/almonds/things.

Another fun fact? I saw a friend of mine working as an elf.

"Why the fuck are you an elf?"
"They pay me $9 an hour to do this BS."
(Logic turning in my mind) "But you're Jewish."
"So is the guy playing Santa."

I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:26 pm

Lapin wrote:
each store spends a couple thousand on a huge tree, they set up a Santa's Workshop complete with elves who will help your kids write letters to Santa, and stands that sell fudge, hot chocolate and those cinnamon-and-sugar fried pecans/almonds/things.
I guess that makes it a nice place to bring the kids, but unless the Jesus child is lying in the reindeer crib with Rudolph breathing on him, this has fuck all to do with the Christian holiday.

Furthermore, I've picked several people saying that rather than chain X, they'd go shopping at WalMart, where underpaid staff will grunt "Merry Christmas" while doing unpaid overtime and wondering how to ask their landlord to wait a little more for the rent... again.

"They strain out the gnat, and swallow the camel."

(Is happy that catechism wasn't for nothing after all).
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:30 pm

Yeah, something that always got me about the workshop at Bass Pro was that there are eight real reindeer.

Eight taxidermied reindeer.

It just...it feels like it goes too far.

But in any case, in relation to to the Christian holiday, most people in the Bass Pro near me say "Happy Holidays" because we have a large Jewish and Muslim population now.

I hate Wal-Mart and I hate that people ignore how they treat their employees. It's just not right.
Back to top Go down
Kateness

Kateness

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:07 pm

Only 8?

What about Rudolph?? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:19 pm

You want Rudolph skinned and stuffed? What's wrong with you?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:20 pm

No, they rarely put a Rudolph out, just the classic eight.
Back to top Go down
Kateness

Kateness

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:22 pm

grmblfjx wrote:

Oh, so the other 8 aren't nearly as important as Rudolph? They can be stuffed, but not him? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:32 pm

I went down to Tescos today. The guy at the counter was wearing a Christmas hat and that was all the Christmas there was. You know, apart from a buncha muncha chocolate santas and all that shit.

I really, really don't CARE. We only put our plastic Christmas tree up this week And we don't have outdoor lights. It would be hard to outdo the neighbours.

I personally consider it a waste of electricity, an adition to our carbon footprint, and a way to put so much money into the pockets of the people running the power stations that they can afford to hire two people just to keep their trousers from falling down.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:11 pm

I find it so funny that fundies get bent out of shape over people using the world "Holidays" as if they're trying to excise religion from their greeting, when in fact the word "Holidays" comes from "Holy Days".

Anyway, it is kind of silly for companies and stores to avoid using the word "Christmas", as most people I know who don't celebrate the holiday don't even mind. However, it is even sillier for people to make a big stink about it. Last time I checked, Christmas wasn't about presents. If you're so concerned about the state of Christmas, you should be spending your time in a church, not a mall.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:54 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
I went down to Tescos today. The guy at the counter was wearing a Christmas hat and that was all the Christmas there was. You know, apart from a buncha muncha chocolate santas and all that shit.

I really, really don't CARE. We only put our plastic Christmas tree up this week And we don't have outdoor lights. It would be hard to outdo the neighbours.

I personally consider it a waste of electricity, an adition to our carbon footprint, and a way to put so much money into the pockets of the people running the power stations that they can afford to hire two people just to keep their trousers from falling down.

Down the road in Bradfield Southend they have shittons of Christmas lights. The farm on the end even has a mini santa's grotto thing going on. I have no idea how anyone around there gets any sleep at night... but I don't mind because it's for charity - people stop to look at the lights and put money into collecting things, and there's a competition sponsored by the council or something.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 10:54 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:

Some people use electricty to power Christmas lights to brighten up a neighborhood and spread cheer. Others use electricity to power their computers so they can masturbate to Transformers raping each other. Both enlarge our carbon footprint.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:21 pm

Kateness wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:

Oh, so the other 8 aren't nearly as important as Rudolph? They can be stuffed, but not him? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Outside my monkey reindeer sphere, dear.

Where I live it's the christchild bringing presents and it doesn't have reindeer.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:36 pm

Lapin wrote:
at Bass Pro was that there are eight real reindeer.

Didn't they smell? Or collect dust?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:05 pm

Lexin wrote:
Lapin wrote:

Not if the taxidermist knows what they're doing. Though they may have to keep them packed in moth balls during the summer, when they're stored away. Nothing any worse than a moth-eaten reindeer...it depresses the kids something awful.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:33 pm

I had a parent get mad at me today because I said Happy Graduation instead of Merry Christmas to her fifth year senior who is finally making it out of high school.

Note to crazy parents everywhere: December 16 is not Christmas.

Lapin wrote:
Yeah, something that always got me about the workshop at Bass Pro was that there are eight real reindeer.

It just...it feels like it goes too far.
I was at Disneyland the day before Thanksgiving and they had live reindeer on display in Critter Country. My friend was shocked to find out that reindeer were real--she thought they were a myth like Santa. There was definitely nothing mythical about these creatures--one of them took a crap right in front of all the watching people, prompting one adult to complain about Disneyland allowing the animals to do that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:45 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Lexin wrote:
Lapin wrote:

Not if the taxidermist knows what they're doing. Though they may have to keep them packed in moth balls during the summer, when they're stored away. Nothing any worse than a moth-eaten reindeer...it depresses the kids something awful.

There are tons of taxidermied animals in Bass Pro, and no, they don't smell. They hire good taxidermists. And a good cleaning crew.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.   Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy. Empty

Back to top Go down

Stand For Christmas, or the "War On Christmas" for the lazy.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next