Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.

Go down 
+42
Maximilia
ZoZo
Lady Anne
Sloth
Pelican
Raine
the asylum
Psy-4
A_Note_Chaotic
Thanos6
KJM
Miss S
InkWeaver
Cyberwulf
Bamshalam
Mae Bedlam
grmblfjx
Narwhal
Lexin
The Unoriginal
Ceres
Anathema
Chris91
Miss Prince
Verandering
Lysander
Snake Bandage
Trioculus
Lapin
Keith Fraser
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Lembech
Deutschtard
theweirdkind
Miraba
KelinciHutan
Freezer
Mafiosa
Notomys mordax
Spotts1701
gaijinguy
Fitchsticks
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 2:56 pm

So you're not mad anymore? <3 <3 <3
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Not half as mad as I am at Mae, Cyberwulf, Lysander, and Ahmadinutbar.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 2:57 pm

WELL THAT'S A RELIEF *PHEW*
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 3:14 pm

Sai wrote:

Oh look someone thoughtful.

How rare and exciting!
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Yay! Wank about. . . war? Violence? Theocracy? I'm not really sure at this point. Everyone's screaming at everyone else, though, it has to count for something.

A few things worth mentioning, though. . .

Iran's having an internal scuffle over an election. It's going to be interesting to watch, but it's half a world away and we can't do anything. We sit back, watch, and eat popcorn because it's the only thing we (as a nation) can do.

And as fun as it is to watch Lyasander try to deflect from his excuse-making for theocratic despots, Chris:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

EDIT: Well, the Ayatollah's thrown down the gauntlet. Wank away.

Last edited by gaijinguy on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 3:34 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
And as fun as it is to watch Lyasander try to deflect from his excuse-making for theocratic despots

:law:

I oppose the Republican Party and/or Iran.

I just don't want to blow them up.

At least not very much.
Back to top Go down
Miss S

Miss S

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 3:45 pm

Lysander wrote:
Sai wrote:

Oh look someone thoughtful.

How rare and exciting!

I feel like I've violated the WGW's code of internet morals: "It's for the lulz. Now sit down and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA."
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Well, dear, it's actually more like OH LOOK CHRIS-DOGPILE!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:29 pm

Moar like a Chris Bukkake session amirite?

Also, what's this talk about Mousavi being sent to exhile? I've heard about people being tied to him being arrested but...wat.

The thing that worries me the most about this protest is how do these people know that Mousavi's got the same agenda as his opposition? Regardless, this is amazing and downright frightening at the same time. I'll admit it, I didn't care too much about it at first, but now I'm absolutely amazed and terrified for the protestor's lives. It looks like Ahmedinejad is willing to have lots of bloodshed to keep his position. I feel like we as a country should do something, yet at the same time I know that any foreign interference would only make matters much worse. :unskilled78:
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:31 pm

oh chris you're pathetically easy
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:22 pm

What a mess...
From the viewpoint of Iranians, a rigged election is a right outrage and something that won't be taken lying down.

From the viewpoint of a foreign nation, it makes very little difference whether the President is Ahmadinejad or Mousavi.

The CinC of the armed forces, and the one who decides if and when to launch nuclear missiles is Khamenei, and his position is not subject to change for something so insignificant as a popular vote.
Ahmadinejad is essentially a muppet who talks very loud and so would be Mousawi. What makes all the difference is that Ahmadinejad is politically weak and depending on Khamenei's support. Mousawi is a former Minister, has many strings to pull and a history of disagreeing with the past governments. Ahmadinejad was a local governor of humble origins: nobody owes him much. Who do you think Khamenei would rather have sitting at his right side? Who will jump higher when he says 'jump'?

So, Chris91, before you talk of bombing a country, get your fucking facts straights, ja? Even if you sent a group of commandos to assassinate Ahmadinejad and only Ahmadinejad, that would do no good, because what you'd get is a straw man dead and a still alive and very, very pissed Khamenei.

Last edited by The Unoriginal on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:25 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:
So, Chris91, before you talk of bombing a country, get your fucking facts straights, ja? Even if you sent a group of commandos to assassinate Ahmadinejad and only Ahmadinejad, that would do no good, because what you'd get is a straw man dead and a still alive and very, very pissed Khamenei.
Chris91 stopped talking about bombing Iran a few pages ago.
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:30 pm

KJM wrote:
but I type s l o w l y :sleep:
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:04 pm

KJM wrote:
The Unoriginal wrote:
So?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 8:39 pm

So, latest update?

I know I don't have any connections to Iran, but I'm still genuinely scared for these people. Iran does not have a good track record with protestor survivor rate. I can't imagine finally getting to the point of being so angry that my fear of the nasty soldiers with guns and orders to shoot is overwhelmed by it.

I can't think of anything to do to help. There is nothing I can do.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 8:53 pm

Lapin wrote:
So, latest update?

I know I don't have any connections to Iran, but I'm still genuinely scared for these people. Iran does not have a good track record with protestor survivor rate. I can't imagine finally getting to the point of being so angry that my fear of the nasty soldiers with guns and orders to shoot is overwhelmed by it.

I can't think of anything to do to help. There is nothing I can do.
Wear green and white tomorrow. There's a big protest rally thing and those are their colors.

Yeah, okay, it's just about nothing. But it's a tiny, little something!
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 9:16 pm

I can wear white. My work only lets me wear white and black.

Maybe, some green accessories. But I feel a little uncomfortable doing that. There is a big Middle Eastern population in my work area, and well...I just don't want any trouble.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 9:56 pm

Lapin wrote:
I can't imagine finally getting to the point of being so angry that my fear of the nasty soldiers with guns and orders to shoot is overwhelmed by it.

I think for the protesters, they already know they can't go back to the way things were. So if they're in for a penny, they're in for a pound.
Back to top Go down
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 10:44 am

Last I heard it was made clear to the opposition leaders that they would be held responsible for any rioting and/or bloodshed that occurs should the protests continue. Whatever 'held responsible' rather ominously means.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 10:51 am

At the very least it's safe to assume lengthy prison sentences and water cannons will be involved.
Back to top Go down
Anathema

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

^Video of the protest that happened there today.

I'm not sure how many people have died, but Iranian twitterers are reporting deaths. There's a video of a girl being killed. I haven't been able to watch it, so I don't know anything more specific.

Foregin embassies are taking in people who have been hurt; so far I've seen Dutch, Italian, and French taking people in. Mousavi has said that, if he gets assassinated, he wants people to keep protesting.

I'll keep editing this post as more stuff come up.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like everyone is accepting the injured now.

Last edited by Anathema on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:32 am

Jesus Christ. As scared as I am for them, I'm incredibly happy that they're standing up like this.

Even so, Jesus Christ.
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 4:35 pm

Damn it.

Quote :
At least 19 people died after clashes erupted Saturday in Tehran as
Iran's security police used tear gas and clubs to beat back
demonstrators. Unconfirmed reports put the death toll as high as 150.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanos6 wrote:
Damn it.

Quote :
At least 19 people died after clashes erupted Saturday in Tehran as
Iran's security police used tear gas and clubs to beat back
demonstrators. Unconfirmed reports put the death toll as high as 150.

All those people...

pale No
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 5:00 pm

The whole thing is pretty much Guerilla Warfare now. Despite the reports, it doesn't seem like the Basij aren't doing too well to hold down the protestors. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh God, they actually have some of the fatalities on tape. I watched one by accident and...horrible. MY GOD.

Quote :
TEHRAN — The Iranian police commander, in green uniform, walked up Komak Hospital Alley with arms raised and his small unit at his side. “I swear to God,” he shouted at the protesters facing him, “I have children, I have a wife, I don’t want to beat people. Please go home.”

A man at my side threw a rock at him. The commander, unflinching, continued to plead. There were chants of “Join us! Join us!” The unit retreated toward Revolution Street, where vast crowds eddied back and forth confronted by baton-wielding Basij militia and black-clad riot police officers on motorbikes.

Dark smoke billowed over this vast city in the late afternoon. Motorbikes were set on fire, sending bursts of bright flame skyward. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the supreme leader, had used his Friday sermon to declare high noon in Tehran, warning of “bloodshed and chaos” if protests over a disputed election persisted.

He can't be fucking serious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.   Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Iranian elections give Ahmadinejad massive majority; Tehran goes to shit.
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next