Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Drunken kisses =/= rape! (Another watchmen fic--NWS)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

Drunken kisses =/= rape! (Another watchmen fic--NWS) Empty
PostSubject: Drunken kisses =/= rape! (Another watchmen fic--NWS)   Drunken kisses =/= rape! (Another watchmen fic--NWS) EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 12:30 pm

Whoo boy. I wish I would've waited for that other Watchmen snark I did, because this one... yeah. I did forget to mention in the other snark introduction, the other kind of Watchmen fic: Nite Owl/Rorschach slash. I'm not personally a fan of slash, but if it HAD to be a couple, it would be this one. I feel there was implied "feelings" there already in the graphic novel on Rorschach's part, even though Dan was firmly hetero. Who knows what Moore had in mind?

However, people just can't let the subtext play and go from that. Noooo... it had to be RIGHT IN YOUR FACE without any subtlety at all.

Drunken Kisses: Daniel persuades Rorschach to accompany him to a bar after their daily route. Sometimes alcohol brings out the worst in people, but sometimes it brings out the truth.

Alright, the story begins with Pimp!Daniel convincing Naive!Rorschach to go out drinking with him after a slow night of crime fighting.

Quote :
He’d never drank alcohol before in his entire life. Refused to. He wasn’t some average Joe that gave into temptation, the scum that prowled the streets and drowned their problems in liquor. He was pure when no one else was.
Eeee... a virgin! OH NOEZ! WE MUST CORRUPT HIM ASAFP!

Quote :
“I’m going out tonight... would you like to come?” Dan had asked the question almost hesitantly only arousing suspicion from the blotted man at first.
HUR HUR SUBTEXT.

Quote :
At first the brunette had receded.
Damn hairlines.

Quote :
Somehow that smile, canines peeking from his full lips, brown eyes swirling in a seductive dance, the musky smell that was Daniel’s alone, that warm solid hand on his shoulder, combined together, had mesmerized him.
He doesn't need to drink--he's already high. HIGH ON LOVE.

Quote :
“Just one drink. You need to loosen up a little,” Daniel had cooed, so close to the blotted vigilante’s ear that he smelt his thick breath laced with alcohol.
"It'll make you feeeeeel goooooood...."

Quote :
“Just one drink,” he retorted with sand in his throat, slowly choosing his words to make sure Daniel wouldn’t find a loop hole to navigate around.
Because the word "no" has so many loopholes.

Quote :
Allow it for now: words Rorschach wished he’d forced out of his head. Drink after drink, some clear, some brown, some green, some orange, some bitter, some fruity, all came in waves one after the other. Each new glass drew the words, “No more,” out of his mouth, but those eyes and those lips made his mind go blank and his hands bring another glass to his mouth until the words “no more” were slurred and indistinguishable from his usual grunts and hurms.
So...now that he's good and drunk and way beyond the ability to give consent, what happens? I WONDER.

Well, a "whore" comes up and starts hitting on Daniel. Rorschach just can't take it! He stands up and says that Daniel doesn't need a whore, and the response is....
Quote :

“Yeah?” she hissed, “Well I doubt he needs anything from a masked fag like you!”
OH SNAP! BUSTED!

Quote :
“Let’s just go to my place. Okay? We don’t need to be getting into a fight,” he said placing his hands on the inked man’s tense shoulders.
Pimp!Daniel makes a reappearance. "Oh, just til you sober up, baby."

Quote :
Once again he was captivated. The pitch of Dan’s voice was a pleading one. It mimicked the needy tone Daniel had in Rorschach’s perverse fantasies as he fisted his cock in the corner of a dark alleyway.
What happened to the subtext?????

So, Daniel suggests they leave and go back to his place, and while outside, they are stumbling around like drunks. They get a cab.

Quote :
Daniel had managed to straddle Rorschach before the red head could realize the brunette’s actions.
In the backseat of a cab? DAMN, that's talent! And flexibility!

Quote :
“Stop Daniel,” Rorschach pleaded. It was all WAY to fast. Rorschach hadn’t known Daniel even felt a remote sense of attraction towards him, but there he was crushing their hips together like a couple of horny teenagers.
Oh, but they're drunk, so it's not rape. Nooooo.

Rorschach comes to a bit, and smashes the window of the cab. They get out to avoid the angry cabbie, and Rorschach stumbles away in shame into an alley. Dan follows him... and proceeds to smex him up. What a great friend!

Quote :
Rorschach’s body felt as if molten hot magma was flowing through his veins.
Burned to a crisp?

Quote :
He could the bear the heat on his face, but the disabling heat in his pants was a different story.
Ah, fuck! My pants are on fire!

Quote :
Rorschach grabbed at Daniel’s brown curly locks recklessly, trying multiple times before grabbing an adequate amount to use as leverage to crush their mouths closer together.
They're kissing so hard blood entered the picture, and that's not enough? You dawg, Rorschach!
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Drunken kisses =/= rape! (Another watchmen fic--NWS)   Drunken kisses =/= rape! (Another watchmen fic--NWS) EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Badger's reaction to this story: :panic:

Honestly, I'm one of the people who simply can't see Rorschach as being sexual in any way, shape or form. He's like...the anti-sex. He's simply such a sociopath, I can't see him connecting sexually with anyone, male or female. The fact that he makes it fairly clear that he sees sex as being something disgusting and degrading just hammers the point home.

That said, the idea of Nite Owl sexing up another man I can see. It just wouldn't be Rorschach. Adrian, maybe? Though he'd probably have trouble doing it while in costume.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Drunken kisses =/= rape! (Another watchmen fic--NWS)   Drunken kisses =/= rape! (Another watchmen fic--NWS) EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 8:36 pm

I'm one of those who believes Rorschach is asexual as well. But at least, at the very least, there is some subtext in the original graphic novel, depending on how you look at it.

Still... yeah. We won't even get into all the SuexRorschach fics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drunken kisses =/= rape! (Another watchmen fic--NWS)   Drunken kisses =/= rape! (Another watchmen fic--NWS) Empty

Back to top Go down

Drunken kisses =/= rape! (Another watchmen fic--NWS)
Page 1 of 1