Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kisses and Angels: DS9 fluff with no explanation of charater motives

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

Kisses and Angels: DS9 fluff with no explanation of charater motives Empty
PostSubject: Kisses and Angels: DS9 fluff with no explanation of charater motives   Kisses and Angels: DS9 fluff with no explanation of charater motives EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:33 am

So, I'll start my attempt at the challenge of with Kisses and Angels, some short, overly sweet Star Trek Deep Space Nine fluff, involving that very likely pairing of Gul Dukat and Major Kira, that isn't at all a complete no go that the writers weren't even a tiny bit ambiguous about.

Let's dive in:

The first chapter is set between Call to Arms and Sacrifice of Angels - ie. during the Dominion occupation of DS9, so Dukat is command of the station and Kira can't look at herself in the mirror over it. At least in the actual series anyway.

Quote :
"The time is 0500 hours."
Kira Nerys sat up sleepily. Once Again it was Monday. Kira hated Mondays. Sighing, she got up showered, and dressed. By the time she was finished it was only 0630 hours.

It took her an hour and a half to shower and get dressed? The only way it could've taken her that long is if she sat down with her vibrator for a while or spent ages on her hair or something - which is not something Kira would do.

Quote :
She found the promenade almost deserted. The only person on the promenade was a Cardassian who upon further study was Dukat.

Dukat, at this time the most powerful man in the quadrant, and a man of many vices, with access to unlimited supplies of alcohol, whores, and probably cocaine to boot is just hanging around on the Promenade at 6:30am? Sure.

Quote :
Surprised Dukat looked up and was even more surprised to find Major Kira standing there. "Please sit down, Nerys," he said.

Surprised Dukat is surprised. Incidentally, if you find a lost comma, please return it to this sentance immediately, it requires its inhaler.
And also there'd be a lot more disgusting smugness from Dukat, but that's a minor point.

Quote :
Nerys sat down and took a sip of her raktigino. "Why are you here, Dukat?"
"I am helping the Dominion take over the Alpha Quadrent."

DUH!!! NO SHIT! And he wouldn't describe it like that anyway.

So Kira sits down with him and just decides to kiss him. No explanation:

Quote :
Dukat smiled and stood up. "I should probably go before..."
He was cut of because Nerys suddenly kissed him

He was a cut of what? Lamb, Beef?

I really mean no explanation - no description of her motive in suddenly taking a romantic interest in the man who is to the Bajorans as Hitler is to the Jews - none whatsoever. If you have characters doing shit that they'd never do in the canon material please try to explain it.

Chapter 2 then skips to after Dukat's mental breakdown at the end of "Sacrifice of Angels" - Kira leads him away to be taken to the funny farm.

Quote :
Kira walked over to Dukat and they continued walking toward the airlock. As soon as they reached the airlock Kira hugged Dukat tightly. "I'm pregnant," she whispered.
Dukat pulled away from her slightly and smiled.

Again, no explanation of why she decided to have a child with the man she hates - just "I want to write lazily so accept it". Also, Dukat at this stage has had a complete meltdown and is babbling to his dead daughter and the only "good guy" he acknowledges is Sisko, I doubt he'd even listen to her.

Quote :
He was going to have another angel to take care of.
If Nerys let him near the child.

Because you did such a good job taking care of Ziyal didn't you? That decade in a Breen prison camp must've been a great childhood. Also, given that Kira's dislike of Dukat has gone out the window, I really don't see why he's worried.

Chapter 3:
Quote :
A/N: Starting with this chapter the story goes AU.

Two chapters too late, dear.

Quote :
Colonel Kira Nerys looked

KIRA'S STILL A MAJOR UNTIL THE END OF SEASON 6!!!! Sorry...

Quote :
A person came in the room

Kira: "JESUS CHRIST! Clean that up you sick fuck!"

Quote :
"Have thought about telling your family about Marielle?"
"Why? My mother would just see her as more dishonor."
"What if you were married?" asked Kira while giving him the bottle. Dukat put the bottle in Marielle's mouth before answering.
"She would be okay with her then, but I'm not married."

Replace the last line with: "Well let's see considering I'd be committing polygamy with my Cardassian wife* with whom I have SEVEN FUCKING CHILDREN already, I don't imagine she'd be pleased."

*I forget the exact line, but I think it's implied when he becomes leader of Cardassia that he got his family back.

Quote :
"You could be in the next forty- eight hours. If you are willing to go through a Bajoran wedding."
Dukat looked up at her. Had Colonel MAJOR Kira Nerys, the woman who had hated him years and attempted to kill him several times, just asked him, Gul Dukat; Former Prefect of Bajor, to marry her ?

No explanation yet again. Not even the slightest comment on how Kira feels or why she's doing it. Talk about failing Romanctic writing 101. This is just a description of actions, throw in more unneccessary words and we'd have the PG version of Tuxedo Mark.

Chapter 4:

Quote :
"So let me get this straight," said Doctor Bashir to Kira. "You want me to marry you and Dukat in a Bajoran wedding ceremony?"

Why Bashir? How is he qualified to do it? Because he dated Leeta for half a season? Why not Sisko, the Emissary of the Prophets and station commander? Since all canon is out the window and Kira doesn't hate Dukat, and Dukat isn't either insane or incarcerated, I don't see why he'd have a problem.

Quote :
After Julian left Marielle promptly started crying. "Guess I need to feed her," said Kira.
"I'll get the bottle," said Dukat.
Kira sat down on her side of the bed with her daughter in her arms. Dukat came back from the other room with the bottle and sat down beside Kira. Giving her the bottle he said, "I love you, Nerys,"
Kira smiled. "I love you to, Dukat."

Look at that touching family scene complete with robotic dialogue - doesn't it bring tears to your eyes?

Ugh. Chapter 5:

Quote :
Kira woke up when she felt Dukat get out of bed. She saw him walk over to the computer terminal and had it open a link to a specific place on Cardassia Prime.

Namely Dominion HQ where he transmitted full details on allied fleet strengths and positions to Weyoun and Damar.
The rest of this chapter is more robotic dialogue where Dukat looks for validation from his mother for having another half-Bajoran bastard child - I can just imagine him calling his Mommy prior to invading something "Hello mother, is it okay if I retake Terok Nor and invade the Bajoran system?".

And then when she's okay with it because of some handwaving Kira and Dukat decide to go to Cardassia because the author decided to just ignore the WHOLE FUCKING WAR that's going on because it's AU from Chapter 3.

Oh dear.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

Kisses and Angels: DS9 fluff with no explanation of charater motives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisses and Angels: DS9 fluff with no explanation of charater motives   Kisses and Angels: DS9 fluff with no explanation of charater motives EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Your snark's a little series-heavy, HC - a good chunk of it has to do with canon details that not everyone's familiar with. Right on about romance with no explanation and the oh-so-romantic robotic dialogue though.
Back to top Go down

Kisses and Angels: DS9 fluff with no explanation of charater motives
Page 1 of 1