Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gender test for World champion

Go down 
+25
Rageful Jewel
theromangeneral
vade
Mafiosa
DeeDee
Root Admin
theweirdkind
KelinciHutan
Dr. Professor Science
Dick Powers
Aggie
Verandering
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Snake Bandage
myeerah
ZoZo
Reepicheep-chan
Mikey Go WOOGA
Raine
unskilled78
AngryRobotsInc
Chaltab
Spotts1701
Avari
Sorsa A. Jänis
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

Gender test for World champion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender test for World champion   Gender test for World champion - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:12 pm

Aggie wrote:
Deutschtard wrote:
I just feel sorry for her, this should be handled privately, it shouldn't be a media blitz

According to one report, it was supposed to be handled privately and only became public knowledge because a fax was sent to the wrong person.

-facePALM- that is disgusting DX
Back to top Go down
Rageful Jewel

Rageful Jewel

PostSubject: Re: Gender test for World champion   Gender test for World champion - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Ragey wrote:
My mother said that it would be unfair to strip her of her metal over something that she had no control over.

I also have no control over whether I'm male or female. And yet if I were to compete in and win an all females footrace (unlikely, as I run like a badly wounded yak), I'd also be stripped of the medal once my sex was determined. And that would be totally fair.

I understand that. I was just writing (and translating) what my mother had told me.

It's a damn shame that the information got leaked the way it did, but not surprising. Most people are opportunistic, after all.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Gender test for World champion   Gender test for World champion - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:29 pm

Rageful Jewel wrote:

It's a damn shame that the information got leaked the way it did, but not surprising. Most people are opportunistic, after all.

"Opportunistic?" Are you kidding? What about journalistic integrity, and refusing to bow to social pressures when doing so means denying the truth?

Let's be honest; this would have come out sooner or later; it's not like you can strip awards like this on the QT.
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Gender test for World champion   Gender test for World champion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:51 am

If this person has female gentalia and internal male testes, then this person is intersexed, not transgender. Right? Because intersexed happens biologically. Transgender is something the person does to change their gender.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Gender test for World champion   Gender test for World champion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:41 am

karmyn31 wrote:
If this person has female gentalia and internal male testes, then this person is intersexed, not transgender. Right? Because intersexed happens biologically. Transgender is something the person does to change their gender.

Gender test for World champion - Page 3 724940
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gender test for World champion   Gender test for World champion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:42 am

karmyn31 wrote:

Transgender is when someone is born with one external set of genitalia but they see themselves as a member of the opposite gender their genitalia dictates. Gender test for World champion - Page 3 199471
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Gender test for World champion   Gender test for World champion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:24 pm

I know what transgender means. I was just saying that this person is not transgender, but intersexed. It's not something she decided. She just happened to be born with internal male genitals and external female genitals. That's probably one of the least obvious instances of being intersexed.
This is not a biological male trying to pass as a biological woman. Or a man choosing to become a woman.
I just phrased it badly.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Gender test for World champion   Gender test for World champion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:22 pm

karmyn31 wrote:
I know what transgender means. I was just saying that this person is not transgender, but intersexed. It's not something she decided. She just happened to be born with internal male genitals and external female genitals. That's probably one of the least obvious instances of being intersexed.
This is not a biological male trying to pass as a biological woman. Or a man choosing to become a woman.
I just phrased it badly.

Why are you even bringing this up?
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Gender test for World champion   Gender test for World champion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:48 pm

I'm just trying to make sure I understand the situation with this person.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Gender test for World champion   Gender test for World champion - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:34 am

karmyn31 wrote:
I know what transgender means. I was just saying that this person is not transgender, but intersexed.
karmyn31 wrote:
I'm just trying to make sure I understand the situation with this person.

Gender test for World champion - Page 3 724940

Which is it, love? Are you confused about terms you could wiki, or do you know all of this already?
Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Gender test for World champion   Gender test for World champion - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:55 am

karmyn31 wrote:
I just phrased it badly.

You're correct. She was born intersexed. The "jury's" out on whether or not she knew about this before competing or not. Personally, I think she didn't, it's easily possible.

So yes. This person is intersexed, she's not a biological male trying to pass as a bio-woman, nor is she a man who's choosing to become a bio-woman. She was born, and as far as she knew, she was a woman, then the test happened.

there, now you know.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Gender test for World champion   Gender test for World champion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 10:42 am

Why am I not surprised?

Quote :
The president of Athletics South Africa has admitted that he lied about gender tests on runner Caster Semenya before her gold-medal win at the World Athletics Championships last month.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Gender test for World champion   Gender test for World champion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 1:45 pm

Aggie wrote:
Deutschtard wrote:
I just feel sorry for her, this should be handled privately, it shouldn't be a media blitz

According to one report, it was supposed to be handled privately and only became public knowledge because a fax was sent to the wrong person.
That just makes all of this that much more horrible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gender test for World champion   Gender test for World champion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gender test for World champion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3