Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread

Go down 
+41
Happyhooligan2001
Nin
Ghost in the Machine
Jay/Cris
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Hawaiian Shirt
Arcadia Rose
Maximilia
Dixie
ViewSonic
Nihilist
Lurv
Aggie
Summercorn
Sunatic
Lady Anne
EileenK98
John Marston
grmblfjx
spork
Mikey Go WOOGA
TheHedonist
TheIan
Cyberwulf
Kakashifan727
Reepicheep-chan
Malganis
WD40
oracle
theweirdkind
Reidmar
SirDixonDongs
Penguin
rae
lemmingwriter
the asylum
Chris91
I_Lam_Edhellen
Disco Stu
bleachedblackcat
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
sometimes "no" has to be prettied up because the kind of fuckface who's passive-aggressive about a gentle "no" gets downright hostile about a "clear no"

I agree with this, don't get me wrong. At the same time, women often go for the nicest 'no' not because the guy in question might be dangerous but just because that's acceptable [woman] behavior. Humans in general and women in particular communicate rejection in very indirect ways, and clear (rude) 'no's are not encouraged. I feel like we need to look at that issue just as much.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 6:47 pm

spork wrote:
I didn't read your post carefully enough and missed the point of that girl saying it was "playing hard to get". And just made a total ass of myself. Sorry.

It's alright. I was still in a really bad mood when I posted my reply to you.

At least you're not like my mother, who asked me why him giving me the note creeped me out so much. It's just the way he did it, and the way the note was worded ok! I don't know how else to explain why it was creepy so stop bitching me out for not going out with a fuckard mom and random woman in my class! The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 57923
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
"i don't want to date right now" is a no

No, see, what those words mean is that whoever is speaking doesn't want to date "right now." Which implies that it's temporary.

Now, most people will either get the hint or at least get distracted by something shiny after that, but it's still unnecessarily vague and that doesn't do anyone any good.

Cyberwulf wrote:
sometimes "no" has to be prettied up because the kind of fuckface who's passive-aggressive about a gentle "no" gets downright hostile about a "clear no"

How fucking hostile is someone going to get over "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested"? How hostile is someone going to get in a classroom full of people? What the fuck is he going to do if he does "get hostile" when he's in a classroom full of people?

Furthermore, "prettying it up" is only going to kick the can down the road if the guy is that insane. Sooner or later you're going to need a "clear no," and probably a restraining order. Pussyfooting isn't going to solve anything.

BBC wrote:
Gee, sorry that thinking that a 27 year old man who slips a person he likes a note saying "I think you're cute. Will you go out with me." in the middle of a college class might need to be let down gently. Next time someone asks me out I'll tell them "no you stink and are really ugly."

Cool false dichotomy, bro.

Broseidon, God of the Brocean.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 pm

yes mikey tell me more about what insights a straight dude like you has about what is and is not creepy when being pursued romantically

never mind that, given you being you, you're almost necessarily the pursuer in most situations

totally sure you're speaking from a place of experience here
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Quote :
How fucking hostile is someone going to get over "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested"? How hostile is someone going to get in a classroom full of people? What the fuck is he going to do if he does "get hostile" when he's in a classroom full of people?

I've had a guy throw a entire desk at a girl who told him no once, in the middle of class. So that might play a factor into my playing nice to people thing.

So straight men, I should just say no next time and then not have to explain myself?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:22 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
yes mikey tell me more about what insights a straight dude like you has about what is and is not creepy when being pursued romantically

never mind that, given you being you, you're almost necessarily the pursuer in most situations

totally sure you're speaking from a place of experience here

>Women
>Can into logic

Pick one and only one.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:47 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
>Women
>Can into logic

Pick one and only one.

that article or whatever wrote:
The genetic fallacy, also known as fallacy of origins, fallacy of virtue,[1] is a fallacy of irrelevance where a conclusion is suggested based solely on something or someone's origin rather than its current meaning or context.
haha yes mikey women exist in a vacuum wherein their 'origin' (their gender here, I guess?) does not affect their current 'meaning or context'

there is nothing different in how men approach women vs. how women approach men and there are no societal expectations attached to either of these events

the more you know I guess

edit
wait a second wrote:
This overlooks any difference to be found in the present situation, typically transferring the positive or negative esteem from the earlier context.
The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 384608
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 am

TheHedonist wrote:
insights a straight dude like you has about what is and is not creepy when being pursued romantically

That reminds me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
WD40 wrote:
What the HELL?! No no no no no no NOOO!

...I'm sorry.

I knew you secretly liked Family Guy. Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
Kakashifan727
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:45 am

grmblfjx wrote:
TheHedonist wrote:
insights a straight dude like you has about what is and is not creepy when being pursued romantically

That reminds me.

Damn. I kinda like this quote. It made me think for a second; never really considered that as a thing.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:53 am

You might want to edit your post, dude...the link doesn't seem to be working.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:36 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
TheHedonist wrote:

That reminds me.

>Homophobia: The fear that another man will treat you like a woman

You know, for people who want to "tear down gender rolls," or some such crap, you sure do an excellent job of propping them up when they allow you to complain.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:06 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

You know, for people who want to "tear down gender rolls," or some such crap, you sure do an excellent job of propping them up when they allow you to complain.

Try again. It says "the fear that another man will treat you like you treat women".
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:51 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Try again. It says "the fear that another man will treat you like you treat women".
WGW, Chapter X: In which Grmbz' English becomes better than Mikey's.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:09 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

We've always known this to be true.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Just had the worst shopping experience of my life. I was browsing in Kohl's when a woman came up and asked me to sign up for their credit card. This has happened before, in other stores (including my own) and usually a polite no discourages them.

Not this time.

When I made my usual joke about getting arrested because of my bad credit (most people laugh and then drop it), it didn't faze her in the slightest. She kept offering me coupons and discounts, getting more and more insistant no matter how many times I said no.

I told her I needed space to make the decision. Meaning, please get lost. She didn't take the hint. I tried to move to another department. She followed me. It wasn't until I threatened to leave without buying anything that she finally backed off. Still shaking, I grabbed my stuff and went up to the register, where the cashier did ask me but was at least a little more reasonable about it.

I wish I had had the presence of mind to find a manager to complain to, but all I could think of at the time was getting away from her. I'm not phobic or anything, but I don't like people in my face for too long.

I hope it's just her, and that everyone who works there isn't like that, because if they are, I'm never shopping there again. I don't like being harassed while I shop.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:47 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
TheHedonist wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

We've always known this to be true.
Yeah. I can spell "gender roles", for example.

That said, it's really easy to read that graphic as "like a woman" if you just glance at it; I do it all the time.

EileenK98 wrote:
Just had the worst shopping experience of my life.
That sounds horrible. :/
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 2:33 pm

I was picking up my girlfriend from work on Monday night. A cop pulled me over for "glare" on my taillight. Gave me three citations and towed my car righ before anybody showed up.

Lead to my girlfriend nearly breaking up with me

But on that same day I got a call saying I was hired at a fine dining hotel dealy near her work.

And we got so far into our fighting, my girlfriend and I, that we almost broke it off, seriously went into the pits, nearly moved out...

Then she farted on my ear and it somehow defused it all.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:14 pm

It's one of those sublime 90s alternative music thematic confessional songs
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 3:56 am

Disco Stu wrote:
Then she farted on my ear and it somehow defused it all.
I'll believe it. Creative problem solving ftw.

I need to study for a test and my mom's birthday is tomorrow and my dad is here and here I am, having the kind of day where I stay in the shower longer because I'm crying and everyone is sitting in the kitchen (i.e. right outside) and I don't want to walk past them.
Back to top Go down
spork
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spork

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 2:42 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
tell me more about what insights a straight dude like you has about what is and is not creepy when being pursued romantically
Heh, it does remind me of something bad that happened to me (but not today). A guy actually did pursue me romantically in a creepy way.
He had dropped hints earlier, but I was wondering if it all was just my imagination and if I needed to give him a hint I wasn't interested. Then one day we were on our way back home from the club together. At the point were we would normally separate ways, he kept me company instead. I asked him if he shouldn't head in the other direction now, but he persisted. On the next crossing I dropped a hint, saying: "ok, I am going THAT way now dude, seeya!" But he kept following me all the way to the front door of my house. I had no idea how to respond. In the end I sort of stared at him in disbelief until he left, I think.

It did make me wonder if this is what women have to put up with, at the time.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:48 pm

Dear Spork: Yes. Yes it is.

I've had that happen to me twice, both from class because I never go out on the town. Luckily for me both time my roommate came out and chased the guy away with her hunting knife.

If that happens again lock yourself inside of your place.

grmblfjx wrote:
having the kind of day where I stay in the shower longer because I'm crying and everyone is sitting in the kitchen (i.e. right outside) and I don't want to walk past them.

I'm sorry hopefully things get better for you The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 777742
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:27 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:
I'm sorry hopefully things get better for you The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 777742

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 309696 Thanks, but

some days I just want to burn this whole building down

or at least find something long and pointy enough to pop my ear drums

being deaf sounds like the promised land
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 7:30 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
bleachedblackcat wrote:

being deaf sounds like the promised land

Mikey votes for burning the place down.

Fire good The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 588739 Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
Kakashifan727
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 7:37 pm

[quote="grmblfjx"][quote="bleachedblackcat"]I'm sorry hopefully things get better for you The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 777742 [/quote]

being deaf sounds like the promised land[/quote]

D'awww...That sounds bad.

Remember though, they know how to read lips. Being disabled isn't all its cracked up to be and I'm not talking about the oh-my-back hurts because I'm preggers-or-lazy/fat- and it went out so now I'm collecting disability. God, I hate those kinds of ppl. Not the ones that it happens to legitimately, those I feel sorry for, but the ones who abuse the system. Not talking about the people who are still trying to find jobs while on it either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread
Page 8 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next