Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread

Go down 
+41
Happyhooligan2001
Nin
Ghost in the Machine
Jay/Cris
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Hawaiian Shirt
Arcadia Rose
Maximilia
Dixie
ViewSonic
Nihilist
Lurv
Aggie
Summercorn
Sunatic
Lady Anne
EileenK98
John Marston
grmblfjx
spork
Mikey Go WOOGA
TheHedonist
TheIan
Cyberwulf
Kakashifan727
Reepicheep-chan
Malganis
WD40
oracle
theweirdkind
Reidmar
SirDixonDongs
Penguin
rae
lemmingwriter
the asylum
Chris91
I_Lam_Edhellen
Disco Stu
bleachedblackcat
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:02 am

Maximilia wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
This is trivial by comparison, but my mobile phone's gone missing.

That depends on the phone.  Some are more expensive to replace than the cat.

I'm positive they are more expensive to replace than the cat in monetary value.

Eh, some decent smart phones are only a few bucks if you renew one of those contract thingies.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:57 pm

ufc 162 spoilers

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:45 pm

So in my current DnD campaign I have two very problematic players whose characters tend to be absolutely obnoxious for no good reason. I've already given them multiple warnings because my other players have complained about them being loot hogs, stealing from the party, and just generally being a pain the ass that always had to interrupt RP so they could say something irrelevant and loudly talked over everyone most of the time and taking great joy in pissing everyone off and constantly switching their characters to another obviously CE character that our mostly good party has to keep finding reasons NOT to smite. The breaking point was the introduction of one of their new characters who's a chaotic evil clown that carries a dead baby in a jar and the other guy (a druid) telling me about his plan to use "dominate animal" on the party LG knight's horse to make him run over the parties adopted daughter and kill her just for funsies. So this time I gave them a SUPER WARNING. Basically, everyone is complaining about them constantly and asking me to do something, I've tried talking to them before but they have not improved, they have only gotten worse. If they don't stop I will be forced to take a vote on kicking them from the party and if it comes down to that odds are not in their favor.

The reaction? The one guy actually started crying and saying he doesn't know why no one likes him and how he feels like everyone is picking on him and that his character isn't useless he provides so much to fights why doesn't anyone like me and then quit right on the spot? The second guy just said "I don't care what they think. Fuck them. I do what I want. They better not vote to kick me out or I'm gonna be pissed the fuck off."

..... jjjjjeeeeeessssssssssuuuuussssss
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:51 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
So in my current DnD campaign I have two very problematic players whose characters tend to be absolutely obnoxious for no good reason. I've already given them multiple warnings because my other players have complained about them being loot hogs, stealing from the party, and just generally being a pain the ass that always had to interrupt RP so they could say something irrelevant and loudly talked over everyone most of the time and taking great joy in pissing everyone off and constantly switching their characters to another obviously CE character that our mostly good party has to keep finding reasons NOT to smite. The breaking point was the introduction of one of their new characters who's a chaotic evil clown that carries a dead baby in a jar and the other guy (a druid) telling me about his plan to use "dominate animal" on the party LG knight's horse to make him run over the parties adopted daughter and kill her just for funsies. So this time I gave them a SUPER WARNING. Basically, everyone is complaining about them constantly and asking me to do something, I've tried talking to them before but they have not improved, they have only gotten worse. If they don't stop I will be forced to take a vote on kicking them from the party and if it comes down to that odds are not in their favor.

The reaction? The one guy actually started crying and saying he doesn't know why no one likes him and how he feels like everyone is picking on him and that his character isn't useless he provides so much to fights why doesn't anyone like me and then quit right on the spot? The second guy just said "I don't care what they think. Fuck them. I do what I want. They better not vote to kick me out or I'm gonna be pissed the fuck off."

..... jjjjjeeeeeessssssssssuuuuussssss

Kick them out IMMEDIATELY. It's not fun for you, and not fun for the other players. EDIT: Ah, one quit on the spot. Saved you the trouble. Just kick the other one. He's a douchebag.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:31 am

The problem is this other guy is friends with two of my players (who are great, btw) and he'll definitely hold a grudge and take it out on them.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:38 am

Sooooooooooo

Two people are trying to have fun in your stupid game and you have a bug up your butt about it. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:25 am

Mr.Doobie wrote:
The problem is this other guy is friends with two of my players (who are great, btw) and he'll definitely hold a grudge and take it out on them.

If those guys are some of the ones complaining about him, then I still don't see a problem kicking the problem player to the curb.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:28 pm

In that case, him being an ass to his friends sounds like all the excuse they need to dump him like a dead baby. Just get rid of him. He adds nothing of value and makes the game unfun. Get rid of him.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:42 am

Maximilia wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:

If those guys are some of the ones complaining about him, then I still don't see a problem kicking the problem player to the curb.

Me either.

rae wrote:
In that case, him being an ass to his friends sounds like all the excuse they need to dump him like a dead baby. Just get rid of him. He adds nothing of value and makes the game unfun. Get rid of him.

I would agree. He's like a vat of toxic waste: poisoning the environment around him and urgently in need of swift removal. You don't need this guy in your gaming group, Doobie; show him the door and let him sulk like the emotional toddler that he is.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:26 pm

Just found out that a neighbor who's lived here for as long as we have passed away three weeks ago, and her niece and nephew (I think that's what they were), who lived with her, didn't bother to tell anyone. No notice in the paper, wake, funeral, nothing.

Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:44 pm

My first friend I made in college is leaving town after an unhappy breakup. I'm going to miss her a lot.

On the other hand, I'm happy she's finally broken up with him. She's been miserable for the past three years, and this is a chance for her to finally get back to pursuing her being a badass animator dream.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 12:32 am

I've got a friend in the hospital because she tried to kill herself. The weirdest thing is, she's treating it like this is all some kind of goofy misunderstanding. Like a kind of "well...... you knowwwwwww..... awwww shucks" like this is all such a bother and like everyone is overreacting "lol" and don't worry everything's fine this is just a big wacky mix-up. But she's got stitches in her fucking arm!

I..... I really don't know how to approach this or what to make of this or how to help her because God knows I don't want her to just try doing this again the moment she gets out! How long do they keep someone in the hospital for something like this, anyway? She's always been fairly goofy and flippant..... but in a situation like this?
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 6:32 pm

There are several possibilities to explain behavior like this, I think. She may be trying to separate herself from it. She may be trying to make you worry less about her. She may not know herself why she did it, and find it weird and goofy herself.

On to my woes...

I lost all of my files. On my computer and my backup harddrive. I'm currently getting the files extracted and reconstructed from the broken external harddrive. It's going to cost a LOT of money. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:23 am

Yup, the total is $1299. I really need help here. There's more details on my e-begging post. Friends and trolls and grammarnazis, please help!
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:36 am

I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:
Yup, the total is $1299. I really need help here. There's more details on my e-begging post. Friends and trolls and grammarnazis, please help!

Grammar Nazi is two words.

Your welcome.
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:48 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:

Your welcome.
ajm ə lˈɪŋgwɪst so: ˈɛni gɹəmˈætɪkɫ ˈɛɹɚz aj mek dont kaʊnt Razz 
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:10 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:

Your welcome.

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 1:31 am

Got screamed at by customers not once, but twice so far, within a span of a half hour. Once because the lobby area was noisy when we were trying to get people back to their rooms. Understandable that they were upset, but it takes time for people to filter through. However, throwing around the f-bomb and being verbally abusive to me is not ok. The second one was because of a room mixup by a coworker, which I fixed the problem as best as I could, but I could not magically build a room for them next to their other room. That one was ten minutes of this dude swearing at me, and them almost getting kicked out.

To fix that problem, I had to switch out a no show room, and now I sit and wait for the no show room to show up and yell at me (and rightfully so), so I'm just hoping like hell they don't show up. :-/
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Aggie wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:

Your welcome.

You're welcome.
Thank you donators, I was able to save my files! Now I'm going through them, renaming them all because they lost their names.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:
Aggie wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:

Your welcome.

You're welcome.
Thank you donators, I was able to save my files! Now I'm going through them, renaming them all because they lost their names.

Yay!
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:31 am

I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:

You have probably already come to this conclusion yourself, but just in case: you should get an external hardrive and do regular back-ups from now on. Externals are p cheap now-a-days, if you can find one that is not redic huge. Maybe 40 dollars or something.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 1:20 pm

HALP I CAN'T STOP POKING IT TO SEE IF IT SQUEAKS
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 8:43 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:

You have probably already come to this conclusion yourself, but just in case: you should get an external hardrive and do regular back-ups from now on.  Externals are p cheap now-a-days, if you can find one that is not redic huge.  Maybe 40 dollars or something.
It was my back up that failed. First my computer did the "I'm getting old and like crashing!" routine, but I thought I had everything safely stored away on my backup. Then it got broken somehow (something about drive heads?) and it cost a ridiculous amount of money to get the files off of it (involving a clean-room and special equipment, from what I understand). I asked for help paying for it, and got $1420 in four days. This proves that there are awesome people on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 am

^ Ah, I see. Well that is a shitty coincidence, glad you got it paid for.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 11:02 pm

My uncle's service was today. That was sad, but not bad. The bad is that after most of a day spent with my family and catching up on what's been going on with them? I am convinced that were I to fictionalize ONLY their names and the states they lived, the book would not sell because no one would believe that people this batshit crazy actually exist. I mean, I knew this before, but I always start thinking, "No, they can't be that bad. I have to be remembering this shit wrong." This is never, ever the case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread
Page 13 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next