Share | 

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19
AuthorMessage
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:30 pm

My dad died this morning.
Back to top Go down
Kakashifan727
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:46 pm

Fuck. That's some rough shit. Sorry man.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:22 am

Chris91 wrote:
That is so sad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:49 am

Kakashifan727 wrote:
Fuck. That's some rough shit. Sorry man.

Thanks. I'll keep you guys posted about the memorial service arrangements.

Lady Anne wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
That is so sad.

to you too.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:50 am

Whoops, almost double posted.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:48 pm

After working nonstop for about a year and a half, I decided it was high time to take a two-week break (I'm too poor to afford a real vacation, sue me)

Sunday night I got a sore throat- today I've got one hell of a cold

Vacation's off to a good start already
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:05 pm

Had to dissect a rat in lab tonight. I love rats. Plus these ones smelled really bad.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:05 pm

I've worked days that sucked, but Black Friday is the suckiest work day of suck that's ever sucked.
Back to top Go down
Layla
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:05 am

My 6-months pregnant sister came down with the flu, which turned to pneumonia, which leads to lots and lots of coughing, and she coughed so hard she broke some ribs.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:02 pm

I know this may not fit with the general tone of this forum and it might even break the rules but...

For the last six months I've been in one of the most important relationships of my life. It helped me with so much, coming out as transgender and finding myself being two big ones. She says it's helped her a lot too and that I'm one of the most wonderful people she's ever met.

But we had problems. I have borderline personality disorder so when I have certain negative emotions it's very difficult for me to cope and these emotions are very powerful. I would communicate these emotions in a manner that was very confusing and intense for her. She told me often that it was difficult for her but she never told me to stop and right now I'm kicking myself for being so oblivious to her hints.

By the same token, she says she had real problems asserting her boundaries and that these are all things she should have tried to have conversations about instead of letting it pile up to the point of implosion.

We're both introverts and we like our "me" time but we found ourselves spending more time together than was comfortable for the both of us and it was because we thought it was what the other wanted. Again, something that could've been averted if we would've just had a conversation.

About two days ago, we broke up and it was very messy. I did everything wrong I could've possibly done, including begging on my knees for her not to go even though I was the one that initiated the break-up, kinda. It ended up with me in the hospital for having suicidal ideation and her crying and beating herself up for what she saw as what she did to me.

We had broken up before over similar issues, but we got back together in two days and didn't really talk about how we would fix the issues together.

After a long time of being unable to do anything but sob at each other, we were finally able to have a long, healthy discussion about our feelings yesterday night. We laughed together and talked about the stuff we usually talked about. She cried, I had cried so much the whole day before I couldn't cry anymore. We both talked about all the ways this relationship had helped us and a lot of the good times. She said she needs a month off to decide where we stand and thinks I need a month too. She says she still loves me and will miss me and almost decided that we could talk as long as we limited it to one text per day. I told her we can't do that and that this time is important to her and probably to me. We both agreed that if we do get back together things need to change and we need to find healthier ways to communicate, maybe seeking couples therapy. She knows letting go is very hard for me and sympathizes with that but I know she needs her space right now and she wants to see if I'm willing and able to do things that are hard for her. I asked her what my chances are and she said "Before this conversation I would've said zero... but now I just don't know". She asked me if I would be hurt if she just wanted to be friends and I said "I... Until that time comes I'm just going to hope that when you get back I can be your princess" and she said "awwww" and left it at that. We ended the conversation exchanging "I love you's" and "I'll miss you's" and I let her initiate that.

The first day of our break is done, and god is it hard. I see her face on Facebook and I see she's online and I want to message her so bad it hurts. I can't stand not knowing where I stand. I said I was going to hope that we can work, but I can't. I just keep fearing that it won't work. A lot of our friends say that they think there's a lot of hope for us and that we were a really good couple, our problems notwithstanding, and it would be a shame to see us end it. I'm inclined to agree, but I still can't dare to hope, which has always been a problem of mine. I've started seeing a therapist and have been reading a lot of stuff on self-help and how to cope with my feelings and express them in ways where people can actually help me instead of just having to watch as I tear myself apart. But I love her so much and I can't stand the thought that maybe I'll lose her. A good friend of mine told me "even if she just wants to be friends, that doesn't mean forever. And I think it will take a long time for her to stop loving you."

Would it be stupid if I dared to hope? Would I be fooling myself? Is it stupid to think this can still work? How can I cope with this pain and help myself give her the space she deserves? How can I come out the other end of this month a better, stronger person?
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:57 pm

That's some heavy stuff. Im sorry to hear you are going through that. Relationships are difficult and you both are growing. You borh need time away to redraw boundaries and learn respect. I am going thru something similar right now and your post fills me with hope that the fights we went through really were normal growing pains. I hope you two end up happy. Follow your heart <3 take the plunge<3
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:22 pm

nah, we're done. I'm surprisingly ok with it now, but then I guess it's easy to stop caring when you realize your love life has become an Amanda Palmer song
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:38 pm

I kind of need to get this off of my chest... but my grandmother, who just buried her son (my father) less than two months ago, was just diagnosed with Leukemia yesterday. I don't quite know how to feel right now... My dad died of Leukemia...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19