Why God, Why?


 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:39 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Braigwen wrote:
I am going to assume you are intelligent enough to look up the why on your own and continue to ignore you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...aaaand this right there is why I always come back around to Mikey eventually.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
avatar

Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 26
Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:26 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Braigwen wrote:
I am going to assume you are intelligent enough to look up the why on your own and continue to ignore you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...aaaand this right there is why I always come back around to Mikey eventually.
Nah, it's obviously why you have a possibly sexual inclinded love/hate relationship with hairpile over there.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10
Location : computer chair

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Lost eight pounds in 24 hours. Kill me plzkthx
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-16
Age : 28
Location : In desperate pursuit of lulz.

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:10 pm

rae wrote:
Lost eight pounds in 24 hours. Kill me plzkthx

Salmonella diet = Fucking results
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender


Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
rae wrote:
Lost eight pounds in 24 hours. Kill me plzkthx

Salmonella diet = Fucking results

Yup, had that happen in January with bad poultry. Also did that last fall with whatever bug I picked up from bad mussels. Sheer hell, but significantly lighter when all was said and done.

In all seriousness, though, I hope things improve for you, Rae. *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Hey Mal, sup? Where have you been all winter?

Hiding.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2009-10-22
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:32 pm

Malganis wrote:
Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Hey Mal, sup? Where have you been all winter?

Hiding.

From what?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-16
Age : 28
Location : In desperate pursuit of lulz.

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Disco Stu wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Hey Mal, sup? Where have you been all winter?

Hiding.

From what?

The Fat Guy Strangler.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2009-10-22
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:54 am

Update on the sexual harassment issue I notified HR about:

Lol, I actually got voted Employee of the Month by those troglodytes. Wow.

I'm getting the silent treatment across the board, but I really don't care anymore

Flaunting my possible homosexuality my ass
Fuckbuckets

If they fire me they have some serious explanation to do as to why they can't treat lgbt people with fucking respect
Back to top Go down
Kakashifan727
Sporkbender
Sporkbender


Join date : 2012-10-15

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:00 am

Wow. It's 2013, we should be over this shit already. Feels like we've gone back in time to the middle ages. Discrimination pisses me off immensely.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
avatar

Join date : 2010-02-15
Age : 37
Location : land of broken dreams

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Disco Stu wrote:
Flaunting my possible homosexuality my ass

Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2009-10-22
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:14 pm

WD40 wrote:
Disco Stu wrote:
Flaunting my possible homosexuality my ass

Seriously?

Yup.

You know how I know HR is getting to the bottom of this? My Facebook friendslist is being razed to the ground, and formerly friendly coworkers are giving me the cold shoulder like I don't exist. Whoop dee fucking doo. Am terrified, however, of HR's follow-up interview with me.

I'm getting back on SSRIs and have boils. Fucking serious.

I was told by my HR rep that I shouldn't care about being friends with everyone. But... they are making my workday a living, burning, cesspit of Hell.

So this shit was supposed to be confidential. It hasn't been. My manager is threatening to come forward with allegations like I touched her boob. She has the most loyal following, buys her favorites gifts, talks a lot about integrity, is manager of the year.



None of them know my status as protected by the EEOC for the right reasons, gossipy lame coworkers being why. I've had it thrown in my face before. Been threatened with rape, torture, the notion that ill never, ever live a normal life.

My health is deteriorating and it has been for months. My boss put me on a rotating schedule of day/swing/grave with no notice as to what's gonna happen, and she is denying PTO for my needed visits to a psych which is because of her in the first place.

I may eventually look to transfer out but
I don't know, what with this trying to get the behavior to stop which is basically burning bridges to the people who supposedly "liked" me

God over fucking rape jokes what even
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
avatar

Join date : 2010-02-15
Age : 37
Location : land of broken dreams

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:15 am

God, that's horrible!

Here's hoping the thing is over soon and that you get a good result out of it. Hang in there.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
avatar

Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 26
Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:59 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
rae wrote:
Lost eight pounds in 24 hours. Kill me plzkthx

Salmonella diet = Fucking results
I laughed.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2009-10-22
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:01 pm

WD40 wrote:
God, that's horrible!

Here's hoping the thing is over soon and that you get a good result out of it. Hang in there.

HR will be interviewing me on Thursday.
The Day Shift clique completely totally ignores me now, been unfriended by all them on Facebook, but despite the paranoia and feeling like I fucked up, it's kinda awesome to have deflected.
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10
Age : 30
Location : Orodrim

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:45 pm

It's ridiculous that you have to put up with this. And infuriating. Best of luck to you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-14
Age : 33
Location : O Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:15 am

been sick these last few days, and apparently its the same bug that keeps coming back every one or two months. since my list of symptoms can be accurately summed up as "everything," i've been pretty fucked up on a whole rainbow of meds for the past 48 hours.

when even your doctor treats you like a leper, you know you've got something bad.
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10
Age : 30
Location : Orodrim

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:06 am

WTF is up with this winter?

Aunt-in-law dies of leukemia, severe insomnia, trouble finding the right depression medication, and a friend of mine sent me her suicide note, and I spent the day talking her down.

There goes another semester down the toilet. FML.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10
Age : 49
Location : very, very close to Chris

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:32 am

So I canceled my FYE VIP membership in December, because the store in my area closed down, and the next closest one wasn't worth the gas money. I talked to a nice young man who assured me that he would cancel my membership, and send me a $40 rebate check in the mail to make up for it.
The $40 was a page of restaurant coupons, which I'll never use because I never go out to eat, but at least I don't have that $12 screwing up my account every month, right?
WRONG!
I checked my account this morning, and the charge is still on there! And has been since I supposedly canceled it.
So now I'm on the phone, being thanked for holding literally every ten seconds (I actually timed it), and I don't know if I'll ever get to talk to a live human. I'm ready to kill someone. I know it's only twelve dollars, but it's my twelve dollars, dammit!

FYE: Fuck You Egregiously.


Update: I called them back, finally got through, and after explaining to the woman that I did NOT want any certificates for anything, she (hopefully) canceled the account. We'll find out next month.
One thing I saw when I did a search for the phone number was that I'm not the only one who's had a problem with this. Apparently lots of people have been talked into this at the register and didn't know there was a charge until they got the bill. So fuck them, I'm never shopping there again. I would encourage you all not to do business with them either.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 41
Location : The land of the fruits and nuts

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:16 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
So I canceled my FYE VIP membership in December, because the store in my area closed down, and the next closest one wasn't worth the gas money. I talked to a nice young man who assured me that he would cancel my membership, and send me a $40 rebate check in the mail to make up for it.
The $40 was a page of restaurant coupons, which I'll never use because I never go out to eat, but at least I don't have that $12 screwing up my account every month, right?
WRONG!
I checked my account this morning, and the charge is still on there! And has been since I supposedly canceled it.
So now I'm on the phone, being thanked for holding literally every ten seconds (I actually timed it), and I don't know if I'll ever get to talk to a live human. I'm ready to kill someone. I know it's only twelve dollars, but it's my twelve dollars, dammit!

FYE: Fuck You Egregiously.


Update: I called them back, finally got through, and after explaining to the woman that I did NOT want any certificates for anything, she (hopefully) canceled the account. We'll find out next month.
One thing I saw when I did a search for the phone number was that I'm not the only one who's had a problem with this. Apparently lots of people have been talked into this at the register and didn't know there was a charge until they got the bill. So fuck them, I'm never shopping there again. I would encourage you all not to do business with them either.
What store is it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
avatar

Join date : 2009-10-26
Location : Госпоже Правой Ноге Аниной

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
What store is it?
FYE. For Your Entertainment. Think of it as a Borders with less books. Or a Suncoast Video with less anime.
Back to top Go down
Sunatic

avatar

Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 32
Location : Jyväskylä, Finland

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:47 am

Not "today" but rather "every day since last week". My cat is badly ill. Finally got him on the right medication, but he has no appetite at all and every bit of food has to be forced or cheated down. If his condition doesn't get better within a week, he'll have to be put down. He's my first cat, and this sudden drop in health came very suddenly, he's always been really healthy. I'm not ready for this at all. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://nerdywitches.net
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 41
Location : The land of the fruits and nuts

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Sunatic wrote:
Not "today" but rather "every day since last week". My cat is badly ill. Finally got him on the right medication, but he has no appetite at all and every bit of food has to be forced or cheated down. If his condition doesn't get better within a week, he'll have to be put down. He's my first cat, and this sudden drop in health came very suddenly, he's always been really healthy. I'm not ready for this at all. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:00 pm

I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:
WTF is up with this winter?
Tell me about it. Everyone has cancer or breaks up or hits some other sort of crisis. Take care of yourself, you.


Sunatic wrote:
My cat is badly ill.
Hugs to you and the cat.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-16
Age : 28
Location : In desperate pursuit of lulz.

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:26 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:
WTF is up with this winter?
Tell me about it. Everyone has cancer or breaks up or hits some other sort of crisis. Take care of yourself, you.

PLUS IT'S STILL FUCKING 40 DEGREES OUTSIDE

FAHRENHEIT

THAT'S LIKE MOTHERFUCKING 4 CELCIUS

OR 200 KELVIN FUCK IT I DON'T KNOW I'M FREEZING MY SWOLLEN AND BRUISED BALLS OFF I WANT TO GOLF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Rumpus Room :: The Couch-
Jump to: