Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape

Go down 
+29
Khajidu
theweirdkind
Snake Bandage
Reidmar
Jay/Cris
grmblfjx
Penguin
EileenK98
ZOOLANDER
Maximilia
Hawaiian Shirt
karmyn31
Exodia's Right Leg
kelly
oracle
Rabid Badger
TheHedonist
I_Lam_Edhellen
Lady Anne
the asylum
TheIan
myeerah
Cyberwulf
rachel
Mikey Go WOOGA
Miss Misery
WD40
Mr.Doobie
Hot Cancer
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 pm

rachel wrote:
Steve King (R, Holier-than-thou) supports Todd akin and doubles down on the stupid.
Quote :
King supports the "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act." It would ban Federal funding of abortions except in cases of forcible rape. Right now, Medicaid also covers abortions for victims of statutory rape or incest - for example, a 12 year old who gets pregnant.

Congressman King says he's not aware of any young victims like that.

"Well I just haven't heard of that being a circumstance that's been brought to me in any personal way (my emphasis), and I'd be open to discussion about that subject matter," he said.
Republicans: until something bad has been brought to them in a personal way, it's just not a problem.

I'm taking this to mean he never watches any channel but Faux News, and doesn't read any paper but the Wall Street Journal. We had a guy here in town convicted of statuatory rape and put in jail for 50 years for raping his girlfriend's 13-year-old daughter who has Downs Syndrome. Her mother had to endure a shitshtorm of epic proportions when she stated her intentions to get her daughter an abortion, despite the fact the girl functions at about the level of an eight-year old and really doesn't understand that she's going to have a baby.

Thankfully, abortion is still legal here in Iowa, and several doctors testified that forcing the child to give birth could damage her both physically and psychologically (as if she hasn't already suffered enough physical and psychological damage by being raped repeately).
Back to top Go down
oracle

oracle

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:06 am

Eve Ensler, a writer for the Huffington Post and rape survivor, wrote this in response to Akin.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would try and summerize it but there is no way I could do it justice.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:24 am

rachel wrote:
Steve King (R, Holier-than-thou) supports Todd akin and doubles down on the stupid.
Quote :
King supports the "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act." It would ban Federal funding of abortions except in cases of forcible rape. Right now, Medicaid also covers abortions for victims of statutory rape or incest - for example, a 12 year old who gets pregnant.

"Well I just haven't heard of that being a circumstance that's been brought to me in any personal way (my emphasis), and I'd be open to discussion about that subject matter," he said.
Republicans: until something bad has been brought to them in a personal way, it's just not a problem.
He should get a job with CPS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:43 pm

And now, the Legitimate Rape Song:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
kelly
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:41 pm

I had hoped this was a hoax....well lest The Onion made this somewhat less anger-inducing, not by much but still....also poor girl with the DS who was raped, if she would not have understood that she even had a baby growing inside her, let alone the ability to care for it she should not have had to keep it Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 585516 and if it’s all about the baby....hell for any woman that is raped, how do they think the kid is going to feel knowing they were the product of rape and that in no way did mom actually want to carry to term but was forced to because of stupid laws? I really want to know how that’s not psychologically damaging, or how about if the kid looks like dad? How can there not be emotional/physiological problems for the mom?

Seriously I'd love to hear this guy’s answers to those questions, along with his supporters

PS: hope what I wrote makes sense, mostly writing as I have other things going on at the moment but lest it was spellchecked
Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 203843
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:16 pm

kelly wrote:
I had hoped this was a hoax....well lest The Onion made this somewhat less anger-inducing, not by much but still....also poor girl with the DS who was raped, if she would not have understood that she even had a baby growing inside her, let alone the ability to care for it she should not have had to keep it Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 585516 and if it’s all about the baby....hell for any woman that is raped, how do they think the kid is going to feel knowing they were the product of rape and that in no way did mom actually want to carry to term but was forced to because of stupid laws? I really want to know how that’s not psychologically damaging, or how about if the kid looks like dad? How can there not be emotional/physiological problems for the mom?

Seriously I'd love to hear this guy’s answers to those questions, along with his supporters

PS: hope what I wrote makes sense, mostly writing as I have other things going on at the moment but lest it was spellchecked
Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 203843
Lest?

Also, some things made sense, while others made me go scratch
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:13 am

There's no meme, canard or hypothesis that is old, outdated or just plain stupid enough, that the moralistic idiots won't try ressurecting them again and again.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:44 am

Women who become pregnant through rape and choose to keep the baby have yet another possible problem in the USA: "It would not be long before I would learn firsthand that in the vast majority of states -- 31 -- men who father through rape are able to assert the same custody and visitation rights to their children that other fathers enjoy."
Back to top Go down
kelly
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:26 am

Lady Anne: I guess I'm trying to ask, if it’s really in the best interest of the un-born child, would the said child have issues with knowing they are the result of a rape, and how can the mother possibly be psychologically healthy knowing she carried the baby to full term? Especially if the kid looks like the attacker. At the end of the day I imagine both mommy and child would have enough issues to fill a reader’s digest!

Rachel: well that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, the law not the article I mean. I hope the law can be changed

ETA: wrote my opinion on more things but cut it short as I have to make the bus, and have no time to spell check and everything else, most have probably said it better then I could have anyway

Last edited by kelly on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cut and paste twice, oops)
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:49 am

I had a friend in college who had been adopted from Chile when she was about a year old. Her birth mother had been raped and she had been put up for adoption at birth. She pretty much didn't discuss it, it was basically just a fact and as she was a Baptist, was glad her birth mother hadn't gotten an abortion.
But then, what are abortion laws in Chile? Being Latin America, I would guess there's a heavy Catholic influence over everything.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:03 am

kelly wrote:
I guess I'm trying to ask, if it’s really in the best interest of the un-born child, would the said child have issues with knowing they are the result of a rape, and how can the mother possibly be psychologically healthy knowing she carried the baby to full term? Especially if the kid looks like the attacker. At the end of the day I imagine both mommy and child would have enough issues to fill a reader’s digest!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't doubt that children who have been conceived through rape have developed into fully functional members of society.

Hell... One of my friends parents split up when I was young, and a nasty history of domestic violence and abuse was spilled out all over the street. My friend and his siblings are all very much loved by their family and don't show any signs of psychological issues. (well, their mom does have a crippling addition to card-crafting and beads.. something my mom is a horrendous enabler of - but this doesn't seem to be too debilitating.)

While we're on this subject though - it is worth reminding ourselves that Gov. Akin also voted against laws protecting victims of domestic/marital rape. Husband's privelage.

And how about another soundbyte from my favourite peice of human puddle-scum: Bryan Fischer.

Akin totally knows what it's like to be a rape victim! He's being raped by those people who are disagreeing with him:

Quote :

“You talk about a forcible situation, you talk about somebody being a victim of forcible assault, that would be Todd Akin,”

Akin is totally Jesus, you guys:

Quote :
“You know the Gospel writers say that they kept looking for some way to trap Jesus in something that he might say, just one single word they could jump on to try to discredit him and that’s what they did with Todd Akin and his comments about rape,”

He knows that the claim is true. He read it in the Daily Mail (Comments are closed on that article... I wonder why?). So all those RINO's like Romney (damn heathen mormon, can't trust em) and Bachmann (hysterical women, can never trust them to behave) should be totally behind him.

Quote :
[they should stand] with "Todd Akin and modern science" and instead [are] siding with the "jackals" who are attacking him

[edit]

Oh hay, Phyllis "no such thing as marital rape" Schlafly has lent her support. Let's remind ourselves why this scumbag is tltally worth listening too:

Quote :
“By getting married, the woman has consented to sex, and I don't think you can call it rape,”

Unlike Rep. Steve King, who after being called out on his claim that he hadn't " heard of that [rape leading to pregnancy] later dispatched a PR team to state that he just meant that he'd never personally encountered someone who had become pregnant through rape, brave Phyllis was totally not quoted out of context, but meant every damn word:

Quote :
Could you clarify some of the statements that you made in Maine last year about martial rape?

I think that when you get married you have consented to sex. That's what marriage is all about, I don't know if maybe these girls missed sex ed. That doesn't mean the husband can beat you up, we have plenty of laws against assault and battery. If there is any violence or mistreatment that can be dealt with by criminal prosecution, by divorce or in various ways. When it gets down to calling it rape though, it isn't rape, it's a he said-she said where it's just too easy to lie about it.

Was the way in which your statement was portrayed correct?

Yes. Feminists, if they get tired of a husband or if they want to fight over child custody, they can make an accusation of marital rape and they want that to be there, available to them.

So you see this as more of a tool used by people to get out of marriages than as legitimate-

Yes, I certainly do.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Can we just classify Republicanism as a mental illness already? When's the deadline for DSM-5 submissions?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 6:16 pm

WD40 wrote:
So all those RINO's like Romney (damn heathen mormon, can't trust em) and Bachmann (hysterical women, can never trust them to behave) should be totally behind him.

Quote :
[they should stand] with "Todd Akin and modern science" and instead [are] siding with the "jackals" who are attacking him
Note to extremists: when Rush Limbaugh and Michele Bachmann think you've gone too far, it's time to STFU.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
WD40 wrote:
So all those RINO's like Romney (damn heathen mormon, can't trust em) and Bachmann (hysterical women, can never trust them to behave) should be totally behind him.

Quote :
Note to extremists: when Rush Limbaugh and Michele Bachmann think you've gone too far, it's time to STFU.
Pfft. They don't think he went too, far, they're just mad at him because he told everybody what they really think and hurt their chances at getting their extremist agenda enacted. And he's mad at them because they're running him down for saying what he knows darn well they believe too. Cool
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 7:34 am

rachel wrote:
Pfft. They don't think he went too, far, they're just mad at him because he told everybody what they really think and hurt their chances at getting their extremist agenda enacted. And he's mad at them because they're running him down for saying what he knows darn well they believe too. Cool

This 100%. It's important to remember that in American politics, nearly every scandal comes from someone accidentally saying something half true. This was probably the most honest thing Akin has said on camera for as long as he's been running for office.
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:58 am

the asylum wrote:
Can we just classify Republicanism as a mental illness already? When's the deadline for DSM-5 submissions?
To be fair, all of the republicans I know are as disturbed by this as the rest of us are. I was talking to my hubby's grandmother, and she went on an hour long rant about people calling themselves Republicans so they can expand government and infringe on personal liberties (access to birth control and religious freedom chief on her list of gripes... she was a feminist during 70's and the "day of prayer" thing pissed her off because she didn't want the government telling her when to pray) - the antithesis of what the republican party's philosophy is... or used to be. So, the normal people who call themselves Republican probably aren't following in this insane fringe religious conservatism (I think they call themselves "Charismatics") but just don't know what to do about it. I think that this might cause the Republican party to fracture apart and loose power.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:57 pm

It comes down to the extremists in the Republican party having the most attention... squeaky wheel gets the grease. The very nice moderate Republicans who are horrified at what Akin said... not going to get that much press time unless they have a hissy fit on national TV and melt down.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 6:58 pm

myeerah wrote:

Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 831506
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:13 pm

rachel wrote:
Quote :

Solution: rape and impregnate his wife, daughter or sister. That ought to bring it to him in a personal way. Trollface
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:19 pm

xerrofoot wrote:
rachel wrote:
Quote :

Solution: rape and impregnate his wife, daughter or sister. That ought to bring it to him in a personal way. Trollface

No

Not that it'd do anything:

"The Only Moral Abortion is My Abortion"

fake edit: yes, I know... Anecdotes...

Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:19 am

xerrofoot wrote:
rachel wrote:
Quote :

They're not horses, Xerro, so I'm surprised you're interested in the idea.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:19 pm

oh gods shut up already

enough with the horse fucking bullshit, my schtick is raping women, not bestiality

EDIT: WD40: Seriously? Wow. Those are some messed-up broads right there.

Last edited by xerrofoot on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:29 pm

xerrofoot wrote:
oh gods shut up already

You first.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:31 pm

xerrofoot wrote:
oh gods shut up already

enough with the horse fucking bullshit, my schtick is raping women, not bestiality

The idea is to insult you, foalfucker, not pander to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape   Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Women's bodies can naturally prevent pregnancy from rape
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next