Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Woman freezes adopted children's bodies

Go down 
+19
Adagio
rachel
Rabid Badger
Jesus.
Ceres
InkWeaver
Maximilia
TheHedonist
Miss Prince
Jay/Cris
TheHermit
Chris91
Mafiosa
Lapin
Verandering
Dick Powers
the asylum
Mikey Go WOOGA
Malganis
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Woman freezes adopted children's bodies Empty
PostSubject: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:41 pm

Oh, she also tortured them, too.

Quote :
A Maryland woman described by prosecutors as a torturer and maimer of her adopted girls was convicted Monday of killing two of them and stuffing their bodies into a freezer and inflicting more than 80 injuries on the third.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
The case stunned the region and cast a spotlight on the District's child welfare agency, which had allowed Renee Bowman to adopt the three girls. She collected $152,000 for raising the children, according to trial testimony, with many payments arriving after two of them had been dead and put in the freezer.

"This woman was in it for the money. And by killing the children, keeping them literally on ice, the money continued to flow," Montgomery County prosecutor John McCarthy said in his closing argument.

The children she killed, Minnet and Jasmine, would have been 12 and 11 now. Their bodies, 52 pounds each, were found in September 2008. Detectives could not determine when they were killed but said that they had been asphyxiated and that their bodies could have been in the freezer for more than two years.

... Creepy. Yeah. There are really no other words.

Well, besides "sick", "evil", and "disgusting".

Quote :
During the trial, jurors learned a lot about Bowman, 44. She kept the three girls in her Rockville house, inside a bedroom with the door lock reversed. She forced them to use a bucket as a toilet and beat them with a bat and the heel of a shoe. She moved to Charles County and Calvert County with the bodies of the girls inside the freezer, prosecutors said.

The horror to which Bowman subjected the children came to light about 17 months ago. A badly beaten 7-year-old girl was found walking down a street in Lusby, about 55 miles southeast of Washington. She told residents and police who came to her aid that she had just jumped out of the second-floor window of her home.

FFS, it's like The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:29 pm

So...

These girls had not been seen for up to two years and nobody thought that something might be up? Way to go, bureaucrats. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, Rule #1 regarding missing persons: ALWAYS check the fridge where they lived.

Now, can we PLEASE kill this lady? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Stay classy, Mikey. Stay classy.

But yeah. I'd ask why the foster agency didn't bother to attempt talking to the kids over the phone. You'd think that if they were always "sleeping," or "too busy," for two years, something would be up.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:00 am

Can I just say that I despise foster care system? It is absolutely disgusting that the system that was made to protect children from harm has failed so many fucking times and the only time people give a shit is when a child is killed. Thousands of children are being abused every day under the care of apathetic foster care agencies, but because they are out of sight, they are out of people's minds. How many more children have to loose their lives before someone makes a major widespread reform to the system?
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:32 am

Upset Upset Upset
I used to live there.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:39 am

Oh, this case. (I live here, this has been all over my newspaper for quite awhile, since the girls' bodies were found.) One child escaped, and is pretty traumatized still. She apparently did not do well in the courtroom being confronted with the woman again. The reporter writing it seemed to actually be genuinely concerned about the girl.

The child who escaped is doing well in daily life, it seems. They put her with either relatives or a new family, I can't remember. To be honest, this story disturbed me so greatly, I skimmed the articles and had to put them down a few times. Really, even with the newspaper reporters trying to soften the blow, the story has been horrrific from beginning to end.

Neighbors had apparently been reporting the woman for years out of concern for the children, and the foster agency did very little. Well, of course, y'all are wondering why. The explanation? Isn't pretty.

The agency here is severely understaffed. To the point of desperation. Most of the workers are running around keeping track of way too many kids. It's not a good excuse. But the truth is, the social worker in charge of them just let them slip through the cracks not out of malice or neglect, but out of overwork. And that's what's really horrific to me. If the person in charge had a better budget and was willing to hire more people, so that the kids in the system would be more spread out, maybe this wouldn't have happened. They could have had someone who had time to think about the neighbors' complaints and demand to see the girls.

But they didn't. And they fell into the hands of a genuinely psychotic indiviual who tormented them for quite a while, beating them and starving them, before murdering them. It's really just horrible, because while the agnecy was trying to explain themselves, they really didn't have a good one at all. The social worker in charge was fired, if I remember right, which will of course magically fix everything in people's minds.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:56 am

Lapinina wrote:
I live here, this has been all over my newspaper for quite awhile, since the girls' bodies were found.

Those relics still exist?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:01 am

Dick Powers wrote:
Can I just say that I despise foster care system? It is absolutely disgusting that the system that was made to protect children from harm has failed so many fucking times and the only time people give a shit is when a child is killed. Thousands of children are being abused every day under the care of apathetic foster care agencies, but because they are out of sight, they are out of people's minds. How many more children have to loose their lives before someone makes a major widespread reform to the system?

Cool sweeping generalization.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:11 am

Generalization or not, Powers has got a good point...the foster care system in this country is seriously out of whack. In my state, to name just one example, the Department of Social Services is trying to resolve child abuse cases with one hand tied behind its back and two broken fingers on the other one.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:24 am

Chris91 wrote:
Generalization or not, Powers has got a good point...the foster care system in this country is seriously out of whack. In my state, to name just one example, the Department of Social Services is trying to resolve child abuse cases with one hand tied behind its back and two broken fingers on the other one.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing that social services is a broken system that needs far more funding, but to place all the blame on the DUMB DUMB STUPID foster care workers who, as Lapin said, are understaffed, overworked and seriously work a horrible job isn't fair.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:28 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Lapinina wrote:
I live here, this has been all over my newspaper for quite awhile, since the girls' bodies were found.

Aside from word of mouth, they're the only things I go to for updates about the outside world.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:16 am

Mafiosa wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:

You need to shut up about things you clearly don't know jack shit about. A private foster care agency in California where each social worker only had 15 children to work with spent money the government gave them on huge raises for the director, magazines, vacations, and other shit that had nothing to do with the business its self. Even though social workers had a fraction of the cases that state hired social workers, they still choose to ignore the abuse and neglect the children under their care. While the director of the agency was earning over 100,000 dollars a year and going to Hawaii there were children being made to sleep on urine soaked mattresses and being treated like a pay check by the person they thought was going to give them a better home.

In other words, shut the fuck up. People are most dangerous when someone else life depends on them. Apathy is a great motivator. It turns people into numbers and gives you a cushy government job.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:39 am

Dick Powers wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:

A private foster care agency in California where each social worker only had 15 children to work with spent money the government gave them on huge raises for the director, magazines, vacations, and other shit that had nothing to do with the business its self. Even though social workers had a fraction of the cases that state hired social workers, they still choose to ignore the abuse and neglect the children under their care. While the director of the agency was earning over 100,000 dollars a year and going to Hawaii there were children being made to sleep on urine soaked mattresses and being treated like a pay check by the person they thought was going to give them a better home.

People are most dangerous when someone else life depends on them. Apathy is a great motivator. It turns people into numbers and gives you a cushy government job.

[citation needed]
You're still making a sweeping generalization about social workers in general. It's easy to be critical when you focus entirely on the bad, which is very easy in cases where children get hurt because of the agencies involved dropping the ball, and refuse to acknowledge that there are any good endings for some of the kids in the system or that there are people who seriously want to help.
P.S. my bff is going into social work, good to know she's just a lazy hateful bitch who's in it for the money instead of just being someone who wants to genuinely help kids!
Quote :

You need to shut up about things you clearly don't know jack shit about.
In other words, shut the fuck up.

areyoufrustrated.png

e: does anyone have the link to that somethingawful thread about the social workers with all the horrible horrible stories?
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:55 am

Verandering wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Lapinina wrote:

Aside from word of mouth, they're the only things I go to for updates about the outside world.

You know there are online news site for that?
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:15 am

Mafiosa wrote:

You're still making a sweeping generalization about social workers in general. It's easy to be critical when you focus entirely on the bad, which is very easy in cases where children get hurt because of the agencies involved dropping the ball, and refuse to acknowledge that there are any good endings for some of the kids in the system or that there are people who seriously want to help.

Do you know anybody who has been in foster care or have dealt with them before? I have. My cousin was being seriously abused by his mother. My mother would call DHS every time she saw a bruise on him and each time the promised to "look into" and did nothing. It was only when my cousin watched his drug addicted mother OD on the bath floor after 12 years of abuse did DHS remove him from her care where he was placed into foster home. His foster mother made it very clear to him everyday that he was nothing more to her than a pay check along with her 5 foster children. When my cousin was 15 he was falsely accused of molesting her daughter. He was interrogated for 12 hours and no one came to be his advocate. Finally he cracked and confessed so that the whole would end. He's 27 now and has 2 daughters he can't even see because he's a registered sex offender.

My neighbor had her children taken away from in petty revenge by this cranky bitch that lives on our block. For the last past year she has been harassed by this women and DHS. The cranky bitch called DHS last month to report that she saw strange men coming in and out of her house and that my mother (!!!) told her my neighbor's son said that one of the men was molesting him. My neighbor doubts that she would be able to get her children back since she is sure that DHS will use her history of mental illness against her.

My ex boyfriend was in foster care from the time he was a baby to the age of 16. He was passed around 14 different foster homes were was subjected to various degrees of abuse. He has PTSD and various issues from his experience.

Quote :
P.S. my bff is going into social work, good to know she's just a lazy hateful bitch who's in it for the money instead of just being someone who wants to genuinely help kids!

My mother was a social worker and she told me to never become one. She was damn good at her job and took many calls, but sadly these calls were for children that under the care of different social workers. In Philadelphia a social worker who has answered a call concerning a child under the care of an social worker has surrender their findings to the active social worker. This screws over children royally. My mother has many horror stories of her co workers. The stress from her job got so bad that she had a panic attack and had to quit.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:30 am

Quote :
Do you know anybody who has been in foster care or have dealt with them before?

Yes, but nobody gives a shit about my personal sob stories. I like facts or just, you know, arguments, not emotional appeals.

But please tell me to shut the fuck up some more while you whinge about how THE MAN failed everyone around you and how everyone in a certain field is a heartless monster based on a few personal experiences.

e: p.s. the kids I knew were fine
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:43 am

Mafiosa wrote:
SORRY MY MOTHER DROPPED ON MY HEAD WHEN I WAS BABY WHICH IS WHY I CANNOT COME UP WITH COMPELLING ARGUMENTS FORGIVE ME FOR I AM TO BLIND AND STUPID TO REALIZE JUST BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE SOMETHING HAPPENING DOESN'T MEAN IT DOESN'T EXIST

ps ALL THE PEOPLE I KNEW IN FOSTER CARE ARE EMOTIONLESS ROBOTS IT'S NOT LIKE BEING UP ROOTED FROM YOUR HOME AND BEING PAST AROUND LIKE JOINT CAN CAUSE EMOTIONAL HARM TO CHILD'S FRAGILE PSYCHE

PPS I AM TALKING OUT OF MY ASS SORRY IF MY POST SMELLS LIKE SHIT

Sorry I couldn't hear you over the sound of you breathing through mouth.

Last edited by Dick Powers on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:43 am

TheHermit wrote:
Verandering wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Lapinina wrote:

You know there are online news site for that?
Yes, but I don't need more reason to never leave the computer. D:
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:48 am

Dick Powers wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
SORRY MY MOTHER DROPPED ON MY HEAD WHEN I WAS BABY WHICH IS WHY I CANNOT COME UP WITH COMPELLING ARGUMENTS FORGIVE ME FOR I AM TO BLIND AND STUPID TO REALIZE JUST BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE SOMETHING HAPPENING DOESN'T MEAN IT DOESN'T EXIST

ps ALL THE PEOPLE I KNEW IN FOSTER CARE ARE EMOTIONLESS ROBOTS IT'S NOT LIKE BEING UP ROOTED FROM YOUR HOME AND BEING PAST AROUND LIKE JOINT CAN CAUSE EMOTIONAL HARM TO CHILD'S FRAGILE PSYCHE

Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:54 am

Dick Powers wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

Compelling arguments, indeed. Nice way of arguing, Dick.

ETA: the Caps-Lock is indeed the height of a well-considered argument.

Last edited by Jay/Cris on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:00 pm

Mafiosa wrote:

Glade to see that you resorted to using shitty macros to prove your non existent point. You have only proved my conclusion that you have severe brain damage from being repeatedly dropped on your head was correct. Only someone as witless and vapid as you have proven yourself to be would believe that using a tired old macro is a clever retort. Please do go on with your feeble attempts to prove to me that your views are right. It only gives me pleasure to watching morons deluded themselves into believing that they are more intelligent than they actually are.

Jay/Cris wrote:

Compelling arguments, indeed. Nice way of arguing, Dick.

I try. Trollface

Last edited by Dick Powers on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:02 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

Glade to see that you resorted to using shitty macros to prove your non existent point. You have only proved my conclusion that you have serve brain damage from being repeatedly dropped on your head was correct. Only someone as witless and vapid as you have proven yourself to be would believe that using a tired old macro is a clever retort. Please do go on with your feeble attempts to prove to me that your views are right. It only gives me pleasure to watching morons deluded themselves into believing that they are more intelligent than they actually are.

ok, but only if you keep crying and shitting yourself like an infant

e: also so much hypocrisy?!?!?!?!!?
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Mafiosa wrote:

D'awww look at you, you are so adorable using such a big word like "hypocrisy". That's impressive coming from someone with only half their brain functionally properly.

Last edited by Dick Powers on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Do you know anybody who has been in foster care or have dealt with them before?
[Stories of trauma]

Now, I'm not arguing against the fact that shit sucks and needs improvement, but I have to jump you a minute here for this shit.

Child abuse happens. Child abuse sucks. Child abuse gives children a lot of issues they will need to work out when they get older. Shit fucking sucks.

But child abuse is not only common to foster care situations. And the lack of response and intervention to child abuse is not only found in foster situations. Whether it's because a private service is too corrupt, a system does not have the budget and attention necessary, people are highly antisocial / anticonflict / however you describe it when people absolutely refuse to step into what they think is someone else's business, or people have some pretty fucked up ideas of what's okay for parenting, child abuse gets ignored and children get abused. They have disorders from their experiences. Traumas. Then they grow up and seek help to try and adjust, or they drown and extinguish.

It's fucked up all around.
But I feel like you're white knighting with a towel over half your head, unable to utilise proper depth perception.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:10 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

D'awww look at you, you are so adorable using such a big word like "hypocrisy". That's impressive coming from someone with only half their brain functionally properly.

oh cool i just got the condescending baby talk to pretend like i'm an adult spot on my bingo card KEEP POSTING I'M ABOUT TO BLACK DIS SHIT OUT

p.s. as indicated by the lack of appropriate capitalization i am not talking this shit seriously anymore but it's fun to watch you think you're a total INTERNET DEBATE MASTER because you know what the word hypocrisy means
enjoy your 8th grade vocabulary i guess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies Empty

Back to top Go down

Woman freezes adopted children's bodies
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next