Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Woman freezes adopted children's bodies

Go down 
+19
Adagio
rachel
Rabid Badger
Jesus.
Ceres
InkWeaver
Maximilia
TheHedonist
Miss Prince
Jay/Cris
TheHermit
Chris91
Mafiosa
Lapin
Verandering
Dick Powers
the asylum
Mikey Go WOOGA
Malganis
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:18 pm

Verandering wrote:

But I feel like you're white knighting with a towel over half your head, unable to utilise proper depth perception.

White knighting is when you defend someone who does not deserve it. Children deserve to have someone to speak for them for they no voice for themselves. If it weren't for "white nights" there would not be women's or civil rights. The only difference was that the people who were being subjugated had a voice and could speak for themselves. They did not need someone else to stand up for them. They too could only see what they wanted to see. They only saw people- their people -being exploited and abused.

It's not like I'll sit here on my ass doing nothing about it. I plan to open my own private foster care agency and become a children's advocate.

Mafiosa wrote:

oh cool i just got the condescending baby talk to pretend like i'm an adult spot on my bingo card KEEP POSTING I'M ABOUT TO BLACK DIS SHIT OUT

p.s. as indicated by the lack of appropriate capitalization i am not talking this shit seriously anymore but it's fun to watch you think you're a total INTERNET DEBATE MASTER because you know what the word hypocrisy means
enjoy your 8th grade vocabulary i guess

Oh, do go on rolling your face across your keyboard as if you writing anything of importance. It is so cute how you think I gave a shit what brain dead mouth breather has to say. However it amuses me greatly.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
White knighting is when you defend someone who does not deserve it.
Funny that I can't find that definition of it anywhere. I was under the impression that it was internet slang, and I inferred from its use on this forum that at best it meant someone rushing in to defend another person or group of people, and at worst someone rushing in to defend another person or group of people who could speak for themselves.

Either way, none of this addresses my point.

Dick Powers wrote:
Children deserve to have someone to speak for themblahblahblahblah

Did you even read my post?
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Verandering wrote:

Funny that I can't find that definition of it anywhere. I was under the impression that it was internet slang, and I inferred from its use on this forum that at best it meant someone rushing in to defend another person or group of people, and at worst someone rushing in to defend another person or group of people who could speak for themselves.

"Boiled down to simple terms, white knighting is when some idiot protects some other idiot on the internet, presuming doing so will make them look better or doing so will earn them respect/attention from the maiden." ...

"In the real world, protecting those who are harassed is entirely normal and acceptable."

Quote :

Did you think for one moment that I speaking generally, not directly?
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Dick Powers wrote:

Oh, do go on rolling your face across your keyboard as if you writing anything of importance. It is so cute how you think I gave a shit what brain dead mouth breather has to say. However it amuses me greatly.

remember that time we were all making fun of chris by pretending we cared about what he had to say and "apologized" profusely but you didn't get the joke and totally ruined it and when we yelled at us you were like "UH NO I TROLL U I WAS HIGH AND U GUISE ARE DUMB"

remember that

good times

how long until you pull that in this thread huh
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Mafiosa wrote:

remember that time we were all making fun of chris by pretending we cared about what he had to say and "apologized" profusely but you didn't get the joke and totally ruined it and when we yelled at us you were like "UH NO I TROLL U I WAS HIGH AND U GUISE ARE DUMB"

remember that

good times

Backpedal faster! Loise Lane is still dead!
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Jay/Cris wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
SORRY MY MOTHER DROPPED ON MY HEAD WHEN I WAS BABY WHICH IS WHY I CANNOT COME UP WITH COMPELLING ARGUMENTS FORGIVE ME FOR I AM TO BLIND AND STUPID TO REALIZE JUST BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE SOMETHING HAPPENING DOESN'T MEAN IT DOESN'T EXIST

ps ALL THE PEOPLE I KNEW IN FOSTER CARE ARE EMOTIONLESS ROBOTS IT'S NOT LIKE BEING UP ROOTED FROM YOUR HOME AND BEING PAST AROUND LIKE JOINT CAN CAUSE EMOTIONAL HARM TO CHILD'S FRAGILE PSYCHE

PPS I AM TALKING OUT OF MY ASS SORRY IF MY POST SMELLS LIKE SHIT

Sorry I couldn't hear you over the sound of you breathing through mouth.

Compelling arguments, indeed. Nice way of arguing, Dick.

ETA: the Caps-Lock is indeed the height of a well-considered argument.

I had to blink a few times and scroll up for it to click. All I could think was, "Doesn't Mafi use better grammar than that? I don't remember her having homophone problems."

And then I was Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 57786
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:21 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

remember that

good times

Backpedal faster! Loise Lane is still dead!

Lois
lose
itself
chose
they
too
glad
functionally
knights
give

missing words:
the
ax3
your
me
you're
was

not words:
resorted

keep calling me brain dead though

i don't really resort to "lol u can't spell ur dumb" retort but holy shit really?

btw are you under the impression that anyone here said that child abuse doesn't exist because no one fucking said that and that seems to be what got you all POed
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:23 pm

Mafiosa wrote:

btw are you under the impression that anyone here said that child abuse doesn't exist because no one fucking said that and that seems to be what got you all POed

I'm reading words but all I can see is shit.

Lois Lane is still dead, however.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

I'm reading words but all I can see is shit.

bawwww bawww black sheep cry a little more

e: casual dismissal doesn't count as an argument u know

Last edited by Mafiosa on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Determined to score any urelated point possible.
Verandering wrote:

Dick Powers wrote:
Quote :
Did you think for one moment that I speaking generally, not directly?
Okay, missing the point.
I was slamming your use of emotional stories.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Verandering wrote:

Okay, missing the point.

Oh so first hand accounts cannot be use to make a point. I get it. The horror stories told by North Korean refugees, child sex slaves, former child soldiers of the ZANU-PF, SPLA and ULA, domestic, rape victims, and ect. should have no impact because they are mere sob stories. Give me a fucking break.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Verandering wrote:

Okay, missing the point.

Oh so first hand accounts cannot be use to make a point. I get it. The horror stories told by North Korean refugees, child sex slaves, former child soldiers of the ZANU-PF, SPLA and ULA, domestic, and rape victims should have no impact because they are mere sob stories. Give me a fucking break.

Wait. Hold on.

Were you abused as a child and pushed through the foster system, passed 'like a joint' from foster family to foster family?

You weren't?

Are you a social worker, who has seen this happen again and again and again and is sick of it and their job, and has a right to be as high and mighty and world-weary as you sound?

You're not?

Hm.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:45 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Verandering wrote:

Okay, missing the point.

Oh so first hand accounts cannot be used to make a point. I get it. The horror stories told by North Korean refugees, child sex slaves, former child soldiers of the ZANU-PF, SPLA and ULA, domestic no comma here and rape victims should have no impact because they are mere sob stories. Give me a fucking break.

whaaaah no one cares about my live journal posts which are of the same importance as that of a rape victim's account and are totally real and not bullshit that can't be backed up with proof you guys

whaaaaah
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Verandering wrote:

Technically, though, wasn't Mafi using an anecdotal 'emotional' story too? "My bff is going into social work and she is a caring person who wants to make a difference and she's not a cold-hearted monster, etc etc."?

The way I see it, Dick makes a emotionally-fueled post that is angry (and rightfully so) - perhaps too generalizing, but it's hard not to when you've apparently seen so much flagrantly shitty misuse of authority as she claims to.

Mafi makes a post that has good points but she brings her emotional story of her kind, caring, aspiring social worker bff into it as 'proof' that not all social workers are apathetic shitheads (which I really didn't see from Dick's first post - just a lot of anger at the system, which apparently grinds up social workers and spits them out, too).

Dick responds back and is angry and edits her quote of Mafi to be rude.

Mafi responds back with the power of macros.

Dick responds...

Mafi responds...

Wank continues...

And honestly, I don't think that 'emotional stories' in and of themselves, are bad things. They are illustrations of a system going wrong, something that needs reform. It would be different if they were untrue stories cooked up to trick people and play on their emotions, as is seen in Moral Panics or Witch Hunts, but behind these emotional stories are likely truth. Granted, I don't know Dick, but I can imagine that these things happened, horrible as they are. And that the story I linked to happened, horrible as it is.

Let's face it, emotional stories are used ALL THE TIME in arguments or in news reporting. Why? Because they work. And if they are factual, that makes them all the more horrible or wonderful, depending on what emotions they play on.

The Hedonist wrote:
Wait. Hold on.

Were you abused as a child and pushed through the foster system, passed 'like a joint' from foster family to foster family?

You weren't?

Are
you a social worker, who has seen this happen again and again and again
and is sick of it and their job, and has a right to be as high and
mighty and world-weary as you sound?

You're not?

Hm.

She may not have experienced any of these things directly, but it seems like it has impacted Dick indirectly through her relationship with her ex, who was passed around like a joint from home to home and abused. That likely affected her relationship with him and his relationships with anyone else, so, yeah, I'd say it has affected her in some way, and apparently in a pretty horrible way. That's just kinda the nature of close, intimate relationships - the shit that Person A goes through starts to affect Person B, if only because Person B gets emotionally involved and tries to help.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:53 pm

TheHedonist wrote:

Wait. Hold on.

You weren't?

I was in the foster care system for years. I was pasted around between 3 homes during the time. My first foster family told me the day I arrived that I should not expect to be treated like their own child and that I was lucky to be aloud to stay in their home. I was not aloud to do anything with their permission this included getting a glass of water to drink, play with a toy, go outside, watch TV. One time I had gotten a stomach virus which caused me to stay up all night vomiting and the next morning I got wiped with an extension cord for keeping everyone up all night.

So, fuck you.

Mafiosa wrote:

whaaaah no one cares about my live journal posts which are of the same importance as that of a rape victim's account and are totally real and not bullshit that can't be backed up with proof you guys

whaaaaah

Would you like to see the burn scar I got when the son of my second foster family pushed me into a radiator because I wouldn't put out for him?

Last edited by Dick Powers on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
horrible stories

...Okay, I stand corrected, apparently she has experienced it directly.

Sorry, Dick Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 309696
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Verandering wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:
Do you know anybody who has been in foster care or have dealt with them before?
[Stories of trauma]

Now, I'm not arguing against the fact that shit sucks and needs improvement, but I have to jump you a minute here for this shit.

Child abuse happens. Child abuse sucks. Child abuse gives children a lot of issues they will need to work out when they get older. Shit fucking sucks.

But child abuse is not only common to foster care situations. And the lack of response and intervention to child abuse is not only found in foster situations. Whether it's because a private service is too corrupt, a system does not have the budget and attention necessary, people are highly antisocial / anticonflict / however you describe it when people absolutely refuse to step into what they think is someone else's business, or people have some pretty fucked up ideas of what's okay for parenting, child abuse gets ignored and children get abused. They have disorders from their experiences. Traumas. Then they grow up and seek help to try and adjust, or they drown and extinguish.

It's fucked up all around.
But I feel like you're white knighting with a towel over half your head, unable to utilise proper depth perception.

Bolding mine. That's a good chunk of it exactly, in addition to understaffing and other innumerable problems. Although I have not dealt with the foster care system personally, I know people who have. In the Midwest, it tends* to be "ok", since there tends** to be fewer amounts of children who need the service. I'd imagine urban areas to be quite the opposite.

At any rate, people may want the government to step in in many cases, but when it comes to having children and raising said children, people will go up in arms to protect their families or reproductive rights. It's such a touchy subject, I know many people will not get involved when a parent hits a child--I'm not talking a little slap or a spanking, I'm talking hitting--even when it's right in front of them because they feel the (crappy) parent should raise their children how they want. I've watched it happen right in front of me, and I was the only one who said anything in a crowd of seven or eight people.

*tends in this case means "not including an Indian reservation". Sadly, they have their own "system" (word used loosely there) to handle social problems, which means it's botched to hell. In addition, any official statistics by the state or the federal government do NOT include reservations, which is why the South Dakota unemployment rate is hovering at just under 5% (for example) because they DON'T include Pine Ridge, which has 90% unemployment.

**tends in THIS case means there are less children "in the system" since there are less children here overall. I'm not talking per capita--I have no idea what the per capita for children "in the system" here is compared to an urban area.

EDIT: So, I forgot. Did Dick have a point or were they just raeging about the system?
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
SORRY MY MOTHER DROPPED ON MY HEAD WHEN I WAS BABY WHICH IS WHY I CANNOT COME UP WITH COMPELLING ARGUMENTS FORGIVE ME FOR I AM TO BLIND AND STUPID TO REALIZE JUST BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE SOMETHING HAPPENING DOESN'T MEAN IT DOESN'T EXIST

ps ALL THE PEOPLE I KNEW IN FOSTER CARE ARE EMOTIONLESS ROBOTS IT'S NOT LIKE BEING UP ROOTED FROM YOUR HOME AND BEING PAST AROUND LIKE JOINT CAN CAUSE EMOTIONAL HARM TO CHILD'S FRAGILE PSYCHE

PPS I AM TALKING OUT OF MY ASS SORRY IF MY POST SMELLS LIKE SHIT

Sorry I couldn't hear you over the sound of you breathing through mouth.

Wow, way to take the discussion and make it something totally aggressive and blown way out of proportion.

The topic of the discussion aside, your personal experiences aside, the entire point of this aside - you might want to think about how you're accusing Mafi of not debating intelligently but you started off this entire fucking thing by telling her to "shut the fuck up" about things she doesn't know anything about.

Yeah, that's a great way to get people to really open up and maybe help you with a good cause and see the horrors that can occur in social working and foster care - tell them to shut the fuck up when you think they're wrong!

Good god, she didn't open it up by saying all children are perfectly happy in foster care and the news story must be a lie and anyone who thinks it's the truth is just a lying liar who lies a lot. How did you even get to this point.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:52 pm

Malganis wrote:
Verandering wrote:

Technically, though, wasn't Mafi using an anecdotal 'emotional' story too? "My bff is going into social work and she is a caring person who wants to make a difference and she's not a cold-hearted monster, etc etc."?

I was using that more as a "hey dumbass maybe you shouldn't just go around screeching about people you don't know in a job you hate" rather than "WHAAAAAH MY LIFE SUX". I dunno different perspectives and shit

Quote :

Would you like to see the burn scar I got when the son of my second foster family pushed me into a radiator because I wouldn't put out for him?

it's funny because you think you can change my mind

Quote :
So, I forgot. Did Dick have a point or were they just raeging about the system?

GOD U MOUTHBREATHER HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THE POINT SO OBVIOUSSSSSS!!!!! Angry
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:05 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
BLEEERGHHH *pounds on keyboard like the neanderthal they are* BLLLERRGGGGGH DUUUUUUUUR DUUUUUUUR BLEEEEEEERGGGGHHHH DUUUUUUR DUUUUUUR DUUUUUR

You still prove yourself to have the intelligence of sea sponge.

Last edited by Dick Powers on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:06 pm

Dick, are you serious?

Personal experiences aside, you jumped down Mafi's throat for no reason. You also generalized a whole profession as hard-hearted and useless, which was rude. You're making an ass out of yourself by acting like you know everything about the subject and if anyone has a disagreement, well, they're stupid mouth-breathers.

Nothing in her comment gave you cause to act like that.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:07 pm

You don't respond to criticism well do you.

POKE POKE PROD POKE POKE

Quote :

Nothing in her comment gave you cause to act like that.

The best part is I was fairly civil for a long time!
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Verandering wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Lapinina wrote:
I live here, this has been all over my newspaper for quite awhile, since the girls' bodies were found.

Those relics still exist?

Aside from word of mouth, they're the only things I go to for updates about the outside world.

Says the Dutchman posting in a news thread on the internet. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Lapin wrote:
Dick, are you serious?

Personal experiences aside, you jumped down Mafi's throat for no reason. You also generalized a whole profession as hard-hearted and useless, which was rude.

I never did said that I was anything but rude and CPS is useless.

Quote :
You're making an ass out of yourself by acting like you know everything about the subject and if anyone has a disagreement, well, they're stupid mouth-breathers.

My opinions are the only ones that matter, I'm afraid.

Mafiosa wrote:
You don't respond to criticism well do you.

I do, but I just like getting into fights.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Dicky wrote:
I never did said that I was anything but rude and CPS is useless.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

what is this i don't even...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Woman freezes adopted children's bodies
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next