Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Woman freezes adopted children's bodies

Go down 
+19
Adagio
rachel
Rabid Badger
Jesus.
Ceres
InkWeaver
Maximilia
TheHedonist
Miss Prince
Jay/Cris
TheHermit
Chris91
Mafiosa
Lapin
Verandering
Dick Powers
the asylum
Mikey Go WOOGA
Malganis
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:35 pm

Delcat wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
christ almighty Ink you're so fucking stupid sometimes I can hardly believe it
Stop it, Wulfie.
No.

Quote :
I understand where you're coming from, but Dick did drop the ball on this one.
Kinda moved beyond that into generalities, now.

TheHedonist wrote:
People are perfectly capable of deciding what is righteous anger and what is a childish tantrum for themselves and will act accordingly. Malganis was not claiming rights to anyone's judgments but her own.
And how easy is it to label any expression of anger as a "childish tantrum" so you don't have to acknowledge the other person's argument?

That's the point I'm making, slow learners.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Thank you for not shouting at me.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:28 pm

Delcat wrote:

She may not be shouting, but she is being incredibly condescending. And that's something that tends to make people say "Yeah, fuck you and your opinions" mighty quick.

Look, I have human-rights issues that I feel strongly about: I'm sure you guys can guess what they are. Can I rage and scream about those issues because they piss me off? Yes, and sometimes I do rage and scream. However, my expressing how I feel and why is far more effective if I tell why I believe what I believe by backing up what I say with evidence and maybe doing a bit of explaining, instead of immediately CAPSLOCKING WITH RAGE, flinging ad hominems all over the place, and being snide and condescending.

Cyberwulf wrote:
And how easy is it to label any expression of
anger as a "childish tantrum" so you don't have to acknowledge the
other person's argument?

Maybe you're trying to shut someone else down and avoid acknowledging the possible validity of their opinion by being incredibly condescending? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:33 am

Malganis wrote:
Delcat wrote:

She may not be shouting, but she is being incredibly condescending.
Yeah, but it's Wulfie. Not being called a drizzling fuckstick is a pretty good suggestion that she's taking you seriously despite disagreeing with you, and that's all I ask in a debate, frankly.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:58 am

Malganis wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
And how easy is it to label any expression of
anger as a "childish tantrum" so you don't have to acknowledge the
other person's argument?

Maybe you're trying to shut someone else down and avoid acknowledging the possible validity of their opinion by being incredibly condescending? Just a thought.

And maybe you're trying to shut out a good point by letting the condescention take up most of your focus instead of the actual point.
Although I'm a little confused how we went from Dick Powers' unresolved personal issues with a specific matter to passing judgements to avoid arguments, Cy has a point nonetheless. It is very easy to ignore considering a point of view based on the clouds hovering around.

I think, however, that it's all too subjective to argue over; such a thing is case by case and subject to a lot of personal interpretation.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:30 am

Cyberwulf wrote:

Well, what an effective silencing technique. NOW NOW YOU'RE JUST GETTING HYSTERICAL DEAR, NO IT'S NOT BECAUSE I SAID SOMETHING MONUMENTALLY IGNORANT OR OFFENSIVE. I'M SO RECEPTIVE TO YOUR MESSAGE ABOUT HOW FUCKED UP THE ADOPTION SYSTEM IS THAT I'LL QUICKLY LOSE INTEREST IF YOU RAISE YOUR VOICE TO ME EVEN A LITTLE BIT SO DON'T YOU DARE TO EXPRESS ANGER AT ANYTHING I SAY.

What thread did you read?

Quote :
Dick Powers wrote:
Can I just say that I despise foster care system? It is absolutely disgusting that the system that was made to protect children from harm has failed so many fucking times and the only time people give a shit is when a child is killed. Thousands of children are being abused every day under the care of apathetic foster care agencies, but because they are out of sight, they are out of people's minds. How many more children have to loose their lives before someone makes a major widespread reform to the system?

Mafiosa wrote:
Cool sweeping generalization.

Mafiosa wrote:
Oh, I'm not disagreeing that social services is a broken system that needs far more funding, but to place all the blame on the DUMB DUMB STUPID foster care workers who, as Lapin said, are understaffed, overworked and seriously work a horrible job isn't fair.

Dick Powers wrote:
You need to shut up about things you clearly don't know jack shit about.

tl;dr Mafi was snotty at first, elaborated with a salient point, and Dick told her to shut the fuck up and then responded. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Quote :
Mafiosa wrote:
Quote :
Do you know anybody who has been in foster care or have dealt with them before?

Yes, but nobody gives a shit about my personal sob stories. I like facts or just, you know, arguments, not emotional appeals.

But please tell me to shut the fuck up some more while you whinge about how THE MAN failed everyone around you and how everyone in a certain field is a heartless monster based on a few personal experiences.

e: p.s. the kids I knew were fine

Dick Powers wrote:

Sorry I couldn't hear you over the sound of you breathing through mouth.

So Mafi kept to the point, while Dick abandoned it in favor of name-calling. Clearly Dick feels so strongly about her point that she can keep to it and not let other people distract her from it. Clearly.

Cyberwulf wrote:

And how easy is it to label any expression of anger as a "childish tantrum" so you don't have to acknowledge the other person's argument?

So someone when making a statement has no responsibility to even attempt to present their point in a manner that isn't dickish? Seriously. I'm not saying emotion can't and never should enter into a debate but it looks an awful lot like all you're defending here is Dick's right to drop an argument and call Mafi names your own right to be a bitch. And if you act like one, don't be shocked if someone gets angry.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:29 am

UPDATE:

Something that is as much of an antidote as we can get at this point. The girls who died were going to be cremated and have their ashes boxed away and buried in the Children's Psychiatric Hospital's grounds. A pauper's burial for children, essentially. You see, no one claimed the girls' bodies, likely because her family couldn't afford anything.

Except the people who handled the case felt they deserved something better. The detectives and the case workers who handled all of this after everything came to light decided to claim the ashes. They held a memorial service at the Unitarian church in Rockville, and then they scattered the girls' ashes in the Annemarie Garden, in the children's section, at the base of a tree. They're raising money to get a stone placed there for them.

The care has come a little late, but at least someone made sure they had a proper resting place.
Back to top Go down
Nightboomfer

Nightboomfer

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 4 EmptySat May 01, 2010 9:29 am

The latest update brings a tear to my eye. It's really touching that someone was finally able to treat those girls with dignity and respect.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
So...

Also, Rule #1 regarding missing persons: ALWAYS check the fridge where they lived.

Espescially if your name is Kyle Rainer.

I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 4 EmptySat May 01, 2010 9:40 am

Nightboomfer wrote:

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
So...

Also, Rule #1 regarding missing persons: ALWAYS check the fridge where they lived.

Espescially if your name is Kyle Rainer.

I'm sorry.

That's cold dude.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman freezes adopted children's bodies   Woman freezes adopted children's bodies - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Woman freezes adopted children's bodies
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4