Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia

Go down 
+16
Yorokobi
Seule
InkWeaver
Raine
Azzandra
Verandering
Jocelyn
Miss Prince
Alex89
The Unoriginal
Malganis
Lapin
Mafiosa
Chaltab
Dick Powers
Knorg
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia Empty
PostSubject: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :

A seven-year-old Russian boy who was adopted by an American woman has been sent home on his own with a note saying he was no longer wanted.

I bet she was glad she kept the receipt. They'd only have given her Orphanage Credit if she hadn't

Quote :
Hansen had placed sweets, biscuits and colouring pens in the child's rucksack before checking him onto the 10-hour flight as an unaccompanied minor, reportedly telling him he was going on an "excursion" to Moscow.

Coulda been worse - Coulda been the Vatican.

Quote :

"I no longer wish to parent this child," the unmarried 27-year-old nurse from Tennessee wrote, requesting his adoption be annulled.
She accused the boy's Siberian orphanage of misleading her about Artem's behavioural problems.

"I wanted a good boy, like they has 'em here in Tenn!"

Quote :

He was picked up at the airport on Thursday by a Russian man who took him to the city's education ministry, where the youngster was left.

The man told officials he had been offered $200 (approximately £130) over the internet by Hansen to perform the service.

One hell of a lucky kid in one respect - the guy took the money and actually handed him over to the authorities.

Quote :
Coincidentally, the story of his abandonment came on a day American-Russian relations were strengthened in Prague.

"Mah fellow Russians! We have agreed that we and America shall only hold enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world 200 times over instead of 250. This is an historic day!" But that's a story for another time...

Hell, it's Sky News... is it genuine?
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Quote :
"I no longer wish to parent this child," the unmarried 27-year-old nurse from Tennessee wrote, requesting his adoption be annulled.
She accused the boy's Siberian orphanage of misleading her about Artem's behavioural problems.
Children occasionally have tantrums, full story at 11.

Or maybe he was acting like a little shit, because he realized his new mommy was a cunt.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:14 pm

I wonder if the parent even considered that at seven years old the kid might not even know enough English to understand what she was telling him to do.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"I just wanted to be like Angelina!"
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Behavioral problems? That could mean anything from ADD to autism. So it is possible she had a legitimate complaint.

That said? She's a fucking bitch. Who puts a seven-year-old on a plane to Russia to be picked up by an Internet stranger and then shipped back to his orphanage? That's so stupid and selfish I can't even....urgh!
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:11 pm

Lapin wrote:
Behavioral problems? That could mean anything from ADD to autism. So it is possible she had a legitimate complaint.

What if she has a biological child with severe physical or behavioral problems?

Bottom line, she was not this kid's mother, because she didn't treat him like he was her son. She wasn't in it for the long haul - and since she got an older child from a foreign country who had been in that country's orphanage system for perhaps his whole life, she should have expected that it was probably going to be like traveling a long, long stretch of a rough fucking road. I've seen documentaries about children who are in Eastern European orphanages, some of whom were adopted, and it is not easy for them - hell, it's not easy for any child, but especially not for these kids.

Also, this kid's problem(s) are likely just gonna get worse, since his adoptive mommy just abandoned him.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:18 pm

What I meant was, its entirely possible the orphanage did in fact lie to her. They've been known to do it. And not everyone can deal with a child with severe problems, and in any case, we currently have no information regarding the alleged problems, and if any in fact exist beyond the normal adjustment issues and rambunctiousness of a seven-year-old.

What she did was horrible and not justified. I was responding to Knorg's comment about the alleged problems.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Malganis wrote:
I've seen documentaries about children who are in Eastern European orphanages
"Eastern European orphanages" covers a lot of ground. It depends on the country, and the time ie current regime and state of economy.
Two friends of mine happened to adopt Russian children at the same time and they both said the orphanage compared favourably with the Western ones (although its being located in the affluent town where AK assault rifles are manufactured might be a factor), one of them went through the entire process twice as the first adoptee's brother stepped in and refused to allow the adoption (kids up for adoption aren't necessarily orphans, the institutes also host children of poor families or single or working mothers. Sometimes it's the kid who expresses a wish to be adopted).
Child and foster parents spend quite some time together, familiarising, before the adoption, and she ought to have realised whether the kid was going to be trouble or not.

Chaltab wrote:
I wonder if the parent even considered that at seven
years old the kid might not even know enough English to understand what
she was telling him to do.
*shudders* One of my friends was particularly upset about one thing - once they considered the idea of adopting a Russian kid, he and his wife both learned Russian. Admittedly, he had a head start since he's half-Slovenian and bilingual.
Some of the foster parents who took the trip with them didn't speak a word of it and expected the child to just 'integrate'. Some were already calling the kids by their 'new', Italian names.
Is it any wonder a child with behavioural problems from the start might get a tad peeved when you consider him a blank slate on which to superimpose a new identity of your choosing?

Not that I'm saying this was the case - my ramblings here are based on second-hand reports and next to no data about the facts discussed.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:16 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:
Malganis wrote:
I've seen documentaries about children who are in Eastern European orphanages
"Eastern European orphanages" covers a lot of ground. It depends on the country, and the time ie current regime and state of economy.
Two friends of mine happened to adopt Russian children at the same time and they both said the orphanage compared favourably with the Western ones (although its being located in the affluent town where AK assault rifles are manufactured might be a factor), one of them went through the entire process twice as the first adoptee's brother stepped in and refused to allow the adoption (kids up for adoption aren't necessarily orphans, the institutes also host children of poor families or single or working mothers. Sometimes it's the kid who expresses a wish to be adopted).
Child and foster parents spend quite some time together, familiarising, before the adoption, and she ought to have realised whether the kid was going to be trouble or not.

You're right, and I apologize sincerely if my comment came off as offensive. The documentaries I saw on TV showed an orphanage that was very, very poor, probably very understaffed, and almost like a prison for its children - very little necessities, and no comforts. But that was years ago, so I hope conditions like that aren't as prevalent.
Back to top Go down
Alex89

Alex89

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:24 pm

This whole thing could have turned out a lot worse. The strange man she met over the internet to pick up an unattended child from the airport could have been a pedophile. And since the "mother" had abandoned him and just assumed the orphanage would take him back, he probably would have never been reported missing. No one would have ever known.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Alex89 wrote:
This whole thing could have turned out a lot worse. The strange man she met over the internet to pick up an unattended child from the airport could have been a pedophile. And since the "mother" had abandoned him and just assumed the orphanage would take him back, he probably would have never been reported missing. No one would have ever known.
It would have been some delicious karma for her to be arrested for child trafficking. Terrible for the kid, schadenfreude for us.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:25 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Alex89 wrote:
It would have been some delicious karma for her to be arrested for child trafficking. Terrible for the kid, schadenfreude for us.

Okay, now I see you're just trolling. Blocking now.
Back to top Go down
Jocelyn

Jocelyn

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Miss Prince wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:
Alex89 wrote:

I don't see why she couldn't STILL be arrested for child trafficking. She had no idea who this man was - the question is intent. At the very least, she should be arrested for aggravated child abuse and endangerment and lose custody of her biological kid... after all, what if the biological kid ends up with autism or behavioral problems? The hospital didn't WARN her... what's to stop her from returning that child too by way of a complete stranger and a one-way ticket.

(Why yes, I am burned up by this story, what clued you in?)
Back to top Go down
http://jocelyncs.livejournal.com
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Miss Prince wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:

lol srsly y u mad tho?
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:27 pm

Shut up Gyro, and get back to making songs about pizza.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:29 am

Verandering wrote:
Shut up Gyro, and get back to making songs about pizza.
Not very good with song writing so I'll make a haiku.

Cheese so bubbly hot.
Dripping on the fat man's chest.
Whilst he masturbates.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Malganis wrote:
I apologize sincerely if my comment came off as offensive. The documentaries I saw on TV showed an orphanage that was very, very poor, probably very understaffed, and almost like a prison for its children - very little necessities, and no comforts. But that was years ago, so I hope conditions like that aren't as prevalent.

No need to apologise. I just happened to have a few anecdotes I could share, so I did. Perhaps you saw a Romanian orphanage? They were particularly infamous. For all we know, the orphanage this boy comes from might have been just as bad; but in the past, for reasons of public image, visitors from the West only had contact with the latest and greatest achievements of Communism, from accomodation to transportation to food.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:25 am

The Unoriginal wrote:
Malganis wrote:
I apologize sincerely if my comment came off as offensive. The documentaries I saw on TV showed an orphanage that was very, very poor, probably very understaffed, and almost like a prison for its children - very little necessities, and no comforts. But that was years ago, so I hope conditions like that aren't as prevalent.

No need to apologise. I just happened to have a few anecdotes I could share, so I did. Perhaps you saw a Romanian orphanage? They were particularly infamous. For all we know, the orphanage this boy comes from might have been just as bad; but in the past, for reasons of public image, visitors from the West only had contact with the latest and greatest achievements of Communism, from accomodation to transportation to food.
Dude, no kidding. By 1989, you had a better life expenctancy if you were an 86-year-old than if you were a 2-year-old in a Romanian orphanage. Those things were fucking death camps for children. 'Cause that's the kinda shit that happens in a country with draconian anti-abortion laws and little to no birth control available.

I'm pretty sure, though, that things couldn't be that bad in this case. Mostly, after the media frenzy over Romanian orphanages in the early '90s, I'm pretty sure every other Eastern European country took a cue to improve conditions, at least marginally.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:00 am

The news reports I've seen on this story so far have said that many orphanages like the one this boy was adopted out from have had influxes of children suffering from fetal alcoholism. This could possibly explain why orphanages choose to cover up the truth when it comes to the mental illnesses and instances of violence amongst those in their care. Otherwise they'd have a hell of a time trying to get kids like that adopted out. It's sad though. I wonder if the woman in this case tried at all to get some professional help?
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 1:03 am

Here is a little more on the story, with bits quoted and summarized from what the adoptive mother had to say about it. According to her, the boy had mental issues, but it all sounds suspicious to me despite what this article had to say.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 am

^ What I don't get about that article is how they persistently call the boy "Justin". Surely that's not his real name... I mean, 7 is a bit old to change the kid's name, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Seule wrote:
^ What I don't get about that article is how they persistently call the boy "Justin". Surely that's not his real name... I mean, 7 is a bit old to change the kid's name, isn't it?
It depends... on one side, it could be part of that 'blanking the slate' process my friend berated. On the other hand, sometimes it's the kid who wants it, either because he came from such a bad background he wants to forget it, or because he means to show he feels part of the new family and country. In the case of my friends, one boy kept his name, the other one had it changed to his own request from Vova (short for Vladimir) to Pietro... something to do either with Putin, or with Vova being the sterotypical name for the rascal boy in Russian jokes, so I was told. And he was 6 at the time.
Back to top Go down
Yorokobi

Yorokobi

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 1:55 pm

According to this recent article, the boy was re-named when he got to the US. So yeah...no idea if it was because he wanted it, or because his new "parents" wanted to Americanize him.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:05 am

It's nice how, by sending the poor kid back, this selfish lady effectively ruined it for all the other people who were seeking to adopt from Russia and intended on ACTUALLY RAISING THE ADOPTED KID DESPITE DIFFICULTIES.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:08 am

The Unoriginal wrote:
Seule wrote:
It depends... on one side, it could be part of that 'blanking the slate' process my friend berated. On the other hand, sometimes it's the kid who wants it, either because he came from such a bad background he wants to forget it, or because he means to show he feels part of the new family and country. In the case of my friends, one boy kept his name, the other one had it changed to his own request from Vova (short for Vladimir) to Pietro... something to do either with Putin, or with Vova being the sterotypical name for the rascal boy in Russian jokes, so I was told. And he was 6 at the time.

Maybe this is just me, but I personally think it's incredibly disrespectful to re-name a kid unless they want to be re-named. It just reeks of egotism, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia   Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia Empty

Back to top Go down

Unwanted Adopted Boy Sent Back To Russia
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next