Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening

Go down 
+29
Freezer
lemmingwriter
Sutremaine
myeerah
Sakurelf
KJM
Somath Cegem
I_Lam_Edhellen
Anon
Cyberwulf
TheHedonist
Just Chipper
Lady Anne
Maximilia
Jay/Cris
Eeveegou
the asylum
KGarrett
Reidmar
Kevin M
Aggie
rae
Penguin
WD40
rachel
Mikey Go WOOGA
TheIan
EileenK98
Snake Bandage
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening Empty
PostSubject: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:06 am

Quote :
(CNN) -- At least 14 people were killed and 50 were wounded when a gunman opened fire during an early Friday morning screening of the new Batman movie at an Aurora, Colorado, theater, Police Chief Dan Oates told reporters.

The man suspected of opening fire on the crowded theater was taken into custody, Oates said.

The heavily armed suspect, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, was apprehended by police in a parking lot at the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman told CNN. The identity of the suspect has not immediately been released.

Source.

I've also heard that a lot of the deceased are children, but I haven't been able to find a source for that, so for now I'll consider it a rumor.

Between that and the suicide bombing on an Israeli tourist bus in Bulgaria on Wednesday, it's starting to seem like trying to have fun is a sin punishable by death these days.

EDIT: 12 people were killed, 59 wounded. Everything is still terrible.

Last edited by Snake Bandage on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:38 am

Quote :
One of the wounded victims was just 3 months old, according to hospital workers.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:25 am

This begs the question, who brings their 3-month-old to a midnight screening of a movie they actually want to see.

...And now I feel bad for even asking that question. 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening 309696
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:36 am

Snake Bandage wrote:
This begs the question, who brings their 3-month-old to a midnight screening of a movie they actually want to see.

...And now I feel bad for even asking that question. 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening 309696
Don't feel bad. It's common sense. Anyone under at least 10 years isn't going to sit still in an air-conditioned room watching a 17x25 foot screen for an hour and a half unless it really gets their attention with singing, rainbows, and little furry creatures.

Still, it kinda sucks this happened.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:42 am

EileenK98 wrote:
Quote :
One of the wounded victims was just 3 months old, according to hospital workers.

Crying or Very sad

PLEASE tell me they shot the fuckwit who brought a three month old kid to a movie. I need a silver lining.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:38 am

James Holmes: Police Identify 24-Year-Old Suspect In Denver Shootings Looks like another lone nut. I wonder where he got the idea to do this.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:40 am

If only someone else had had a gun...

Quote :
“It does make me wonder, with all those people in the theater, was there nobody that was carrying a gun that could have stopped this guy more quickly?”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:11 pm

Oh, fuck off.

Last edited by Penguin on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 pm

According to one of the news sites I cruise, the 3 month old has been released from the hospital, so there's that much.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:04 pm

So the infant had JUST BEEN RELEASED from the hospital and then the idiot parents brought it to a movie at midnight?

This is why you word your posts more clearly. Clearlier? Most clearest?

Fuck grammar.

Oh, and the death toll has apparently been reduced to 12. What really pisses me off is for the next four days the news will do nothing but repeat the same shit they knew all along like it's breaking news as if nothing else in the goddamn world is happening.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:11 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Oh, and the death toll has apparently been reduced to 12.

So it's true. Getting killed at the premiere of a comic book movie *can* bring you back to life. 2 people formerly pronounced dead are now alive. Yay.

ETA: I am solidifying my descent into hell right now since this incident reminded me of this joke:

'So, uh, other than that, how did you like the show, Mrs. Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:44 pm

The guy had his apartment rigged to blow of anyone tried to open up the front door....
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:38 pm

@ aggie: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening 611762
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:54 pm

I'm a little sceptical, but apparently the shooter has been telling police he's the Joker.
Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:03 pm

KGarrett wrote:
I'm a little sceptical, but apparently the shooter has been telling police he's the Joker.

I've read that to.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:54 pm

And yet he dyed his hair red....
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:31 pm

the asylum wrote:
And yet he dyed his hair red....
I kinda wondered about that. Colorblind and crazy are two things that seem to go rather well together.

It's gonna be a padded cell for him for a long time. Or until his court-date is set (I've heard it'd be next week) and he gets the death sentence for mass murder.
Back to top Go down
Eeveegou
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Eeveegou

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:21 am

So fucked up. Following the story on and off throughout the day seeing if there was even a motive... nothing so far. It's striking the same chord with me (and I'll bet a ton of other people) as Columbine did. Hopefully this will be a sobering moment and we can try to start the gun control conversation yet again. I'm not very optimistic though... it doesn't stay in the political discourse for very long.

Not gonna lie... kind of choked up at this.
Back to top Go down
http://eeveegou.deviantart.com
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:42 am

TheIan wrote:
Colorblind and crazy are two things that seem to go rather well together.

Wait, hold up, what?
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:15 am

Jay/Cris wrote:
TheIan wrote:

Wait, hold up, what?

Just theian being a dipshit again. Nothing new.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:12 am

Jay/Cris wrote:
TheIan wrote:

Wait, hold up, what?

Some crazy people are colorblind =/= all colorblind people are crazy.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:36 am

And even more suckage--shooting victim dies on birthday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:55 am

TheIan wrote:
Still, it kinda sucks this happened.
It "kinda" sucks. Yeah. It's pretty sucky I guess that some dipshit psycho shot up a movie theatre full of unsuspecting people.

How many times will this be that you've been called out now for really inappropriate use of words? I know I've done it on at least one other occasion.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:12 am

EileenK98 wrote:
Jay/Cris wrote:
TheIan wrote:

Wait, hold up, what?

Some crazy people are colorblind =/= all colorblind people are crazy.
Correct. My grandpa and cousin are colorblind and they're pretty much the sanest people I've ever met. I'd be insulted for their sake but I know they'd just roll their eyes and go on their business, saying it's not worth it while sneaking in a witty remark directed at TheIan's ancestors.

"Kinda" sucks. Man, TheIan, you really don't have a concept of how empathy works, do you.
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:00 pm

It was only a matter of time before some nonsense conspiracy theory showed up, but not even a day later?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening   12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening Empty

Back to top Go down

12 dead at a Dark Knight Rises midnight screening
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next