Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention

Go down 
+17
Cyberwulf
Notanoni
Knorg
Miss Misery
Azzandra
grmblfjx
Knight
Mikey Go WOOGA
Jesus.
Mr.Doobie
Rabid Badger
Lady Anne
Soylent Green
Chris91
Adagio
TheIan
Lapin
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention Empty
PostSubject: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:45 pm

First, you must know something about me, dear WGWers. I graduated from a high school called Meade High, located on Fort Meade, in Maryland. Just your average run-of-the-mill military installation. Oh, except for the fact that the freaking NSA is located there. The NSA is the National Security Agency, and it's kind of a BFD. There's perimeter fences around the buildings, where they are not playing when they say trespassers will be shot.

Guess what high school the WBC wants to protest at on Thursday?

The flier.

You see, Meade High is unique, in its own way. It's not just on base property. It's on county property too. It straddles the line, because Meade is an older base and the county lines have been redrawn a few times. There are actually two main entrances; One for base kids, one for civilian kids. So they can stand on county property and hold up signs telling military kids that, oh, hey, your parents? God is the one who killed them and they are burning in hell. (The middle school is right beside the high school, by the way, so ten-year-olds get to see this too. Lovely.)

Well, now the NSA is watching you fuckers. You wanted the government's attention? You wanted them to take you seriously? Welcome to their watch list. I hope you fuckers get Guantanomed for being domestic terrorists.

So, all of us alumni who can make it are setting up camp outside the school with them. Including me. So what slogan should I put on my sign?
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:34 pm

You should have a sign that says, "GOD HATES FRED PHELPS" just to counter-act them.

Seriously, the WBC are real-life trolls. Like Soulja Boi or Charlie Sheen.

I hope they get detained. It'd make my year.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Get as many people as you can to come bearing silly signs. Like "I HAVE A SIGN" or "THIS SENTENCE IS A LIE" or "GOD HATES SILLY HATS". The best way to show these people up is not to get angry back at them—it's to absolutely refuse to take them seriously.

So go laugh at them.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:50 pm

Adagio wrote:
Get as many people as you can to come bearing silly signs. Like "I HAVE A SIGN" or "THIS SENTENCE IS A LIE" or "GOD HATES SILLY HATS". The best way to show these people up is not to get angry back at them—it's to absolutely refuse to take them seriously.

So go laugh at them.

Eh. You have to remember that most of the counter-protesters are soldier's kids, a lot of whom enlisted themselves after high school. I can't guarantee that no one is going to throw a punch.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:08 pm

And it's distinctly possible there may be more thrown than just punches.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Lapin wrote:
Adagio wrote:

So go laugh at them.

Eh. You have to remember that most of the counter-protesters are soldier's kids, a lot of whom enlisted themselves after high school. I can't guarantee that no one is going to throw a punch.

Well, no reason you can't laugh whilst punching. =D Punching a lot.
Back to top Go down
Soylent Green
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Soylent Green

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Lapin wrote:

You know that's just what they want, right? TheIan is completely correct in this. They're trolls, but they're litigious lawyer trolls. They're just waiting for someone to throw a punch so that they can take them to court and sue.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:32 pm

Soylent Green wrote:
Lapin wrote:

You know that's just what they want, right? TheIan is completely correct in this. They're trolls, but they're litigious lawyer trolls. They're just waiting for someone to throw a punch so that they can take them to court and sue.

There's still nothing I can do about it. I'm not violent, but I can't say the other counter-protesters won't be.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:36 pm

Adagio wrote:

So go laugh at them.
For ideas, go here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also:

"God Hates Badfic"
"God Hates Twilight"
"Dog Hates Cat"
"Jesus Loves You. Everyone Else Thinks You're A Prick."
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Adagio wrote:

So go laugh at them.
For ideas, go here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also:

"God Hates Badfic"
"God Hates Twilight"
"Dog Hates Cat"
"Jesus Loves You. Everyone Else Thinks You're A Prick."

I adore the one of the WWII vet holding up the sign that says "I Fought Nazis and They Don't Look like Obama."

My niece's husband is an ex-Marine and part of the Freedom Riders. He said he saw a sign at one of their protests that said "God's Glad You Want to Die for Your Cause-The Gene Pool Will be Better Off Without You." I'd be real tempted to use that.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:25 pm

Soylent Green wrote:
Lapin wrote:

Not only that, but these guys lug their kids along with them, and they don't deserve to be caught in a massive fray if shit goes down.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:48 pm

"God hates obnoxiously colored signs"

"God hates people that hate."

"No one likes a busybody."

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULENCE"

"God only gave you two hands, why all the signs?"

"We fought so you could have your signs. Leave our kids be."

"God created gays. Man created hate."

...And i'm too tired to come up with more.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:54 pm

^
The first one is good.

The others are only good if you plan to unfunny them to death. I mean, seriously, "Go Hates People Who Hate"? Maybe your plan is to show THEM what a self-righteous douchebag looks like, and they'll be so ashamed they'll kill themselves.

Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Knight
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:51 am

"God gave ten commandments. Be a dick wasn't one of them!"
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:49 am

Lady Anne wrote:
"Dog Hates Cat"

Oooh, I love the dyslexic ones. Such as "Thank you again and Dog bless you." and "Didja hear about the dyslexic devil worshipper? He ended up selling his soul to Santa."
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:17 am

"God hates people who put words in his mouth."
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:45 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
^
The first one is good.

The others are only good if you plan to unfunny them to death. I mean, seriously, "Go Hates People Who Hate"? Maybe your plan is to show THEM what a self-righteous douchebag looks like, and they'll be so ashamed they'll kill themselves.

Best of luck.

Uh, Mikey, you might want to back off from accusing other people of self-righteousness, considering you yourself happen to be the most self-righteous person here at WGW. Razz
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:30 am

Super Heroes vs The WBC

Razz
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:59 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
"Dog Hates Cat"

Oooh, I love the dyslexic ones. Such as "Thank you again and Dog bless you." and "Didja hear about the dyslexic devil worshipper? He ended up selling his soul to Santa."

He tried working as a Pimp and bought a warehouse.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Knorg wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
"Dog Hates Cat"

And we have our first contender for the 2011 Why God Why "Worst Joke Of The Year" trophy. Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention 961878
Back to top Go down
Notanoni
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Notanoni

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Miss Misery wrote:
Super Heroes vs The WBC

Razz

Those "Carpe Chaos" signs are brilliant. Along the same lines, if you could figure out how to turn out large numbers of independent or self-published comics/books creators, all with signs for their book/comic saying "God Hates [insert book/comic title here]" then you could completely overwhelm the WBC.

There's hardly anyone willing to do more silly things for self-promotion than authors/artists without a good solid publisher behind them.

Heck, just sic every Publish America "author" on them and the WBC would hardly be seen for all the signs.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Azzandra wrote:
"God hates people who put words in his mouth."

There's apparently quite a few people who stand beside them with "Citation needed" signs.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:04 pm

I know it's dated now, but "WHY SO SERIOUS?" and Jesus with a big Joker smile.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:42 pm

Couple of wrestling refrences here, but hell, if you're doing goofy signs...

The guy behind me can't see!

Cane Dewey

uʍop əpısdn sı uƃıs ʎɯ

My sign is more over than HHH. Phelps

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT MY SIGN SAYS!

NO MORE 3:16 SIGNS. 3:16

How did we get in here?

Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Chris91 wrote:
Knorg wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
"Dog Hates Cat"

And we have our first contender for the 2011 Why God Why "Worst Joke Of The Year" trophy. Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention 961878

I- You- Ack. Please tell me you're joking. That might be the best joke of the thread.

WD40 wrote:
Couple of wrestling refrences here, but hell, if you're doing goofy signs...

The guy behind me can't see!

Cane Dewey

uʍop əpısdn sı uƃıs ʎɯ

My sign is more over than HHH. Phelps

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT MY SIGN SAYS!

NO MORE 3:16 SIGNS. 3:16

How did we get in here?

Cena Phelps wins, we riot.

ETA (For Lapin's benefit): >mfw the Rangers knock the Capitols out of the playoffs in six games

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention   Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention Empty

Back to top Go down

Westboro Baptist Apparently Wants the NSA's Attention
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next