Why God, Why?

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!

PostSubject: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:10 pm

This is just... I have no words.

Quote :
Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church has decided to back down from their plans to picket the funeral of 9-year-old Christina Taylor Green, the young girl who was gunned down over the weekend in Tucson, Arizona, in a shooting that claimed the lives of 5 others. In return, they have been promised airtime by two radio stations.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
According to Phelps-Roper, however, Westboro still plans to go through with their demonstrations at the funeral service for slain U.S. District Judge John Roll, and at the original site of the rampage in Tucson.

I... Angry
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:21 pm

I like this comment.

Quote :
I thought it was national policy not to negotiate with terrorists­.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:41 pm

God hates small-minded morons.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Jesus. wrote:
I like this comment.

Quote :
Don't be silly, white people can't possibly be terrorists.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
I like this comment.

Quote :
What are the IRA then?
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
I like this comment.

Quote :
What are the IRA then?

Irish.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
I like this comment.

Quote :
What are the IRA then?
GOD SOMATH YOU'RE SOOOOO PRE-9/11
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
I like this comment.

Quote :
What are the IRA then?
Disarmed. PS turn on your sarcasm detector.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:42 pm

ZoZo wrote:
My bad, I forgot that I'm not supposed to fear them any more only big bad Al qaeda (who funnily enough have done alot less damage to the UK than the IRA have to date)

Cyberwulf wrote:
[Disarmed. PS turn on your sarcasm detector.
Oh it's on, I just think it's more fun to respond to sarcasm as seriously as possible on occasion, this being one of them.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
I like this comment.

Quote :
What are the IRA then?
My bad, I forgot that I'm not supposed to fear them any more only big bad Al qaeda (who funnily enough have done alot less damage to the UK than the IRA have to date)
As Cyberwulf said, turn your sarcasm detector on, poppet.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:46 pm

ZoZo wrote:

But it is on, this is more fun!
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

Then come, join us in shouting about how BROWN TERRORISTS ARE.

WHITE GUY KILLS LOADS AND HE IS JUST CRAZY BECAUSE ONLY TERRORISTS ARE BROWN AND THEY WANT TO RAPE ALL OF OUR WHITE WOMEN
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:51 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

WHITE GUY KILLS LOADS AND HE IS JUST CRAZY BECAUSE ONLY TERRORISTS ARE BROWN AND THEY WANT TO RAPE ALL OF OUR WHITE WOMEN

AND STEAL OUR SHOES!
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:58 pm

^Spoken like a true patriot. Wink

Not indistinguishable from hideous folks like Westboro Baptists, either.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

AND STEAL OUR SHOES!
AND THEN THROW THEM AT OUR LEADERS

IT WILL BE A SHOEVALANCHE
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

AND STEAL OUR SHOES!
AND THEN THROW THEM AT OUR LEADERS

IT WILL BE A SHOEVALANCHE
Only if they piss in them first!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:18 pm

How much air time are those morons being given?
Is their manner of speech considered hate speech? If not, it should be.
Whose bright idea was this anyways?
What radio stations should I send angry letters to?
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:25 pm

To answer your questions in order:

1) They are being given 30 minutes of uninterrupted air time, so long as they do not use profanity or behave obscenely. (I give the over/under at 10 minutes before they break that condition and get bounced).

2) "Hate speech" laws don't apply because they would have to hate a specific "protected class". Since they hate everyone except themselves pretty equally, that won't pass muster.

3) It was the radio station's idea - they figured giving them airtime would prevent them from disrupting a 9-year-old's funeral and turning it into a circus.

4) The station is KXXT, a 500-watt AM Christian radio station in the Tuscon area.

Gibbs' Rule #16: If someone thinks they have the upper hand, break it.

"Oh, the equipment's guaranteed, but I have my doubts about the stuff inside." - Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott
Back to top Go down
Mugg

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:41 pm

I would love to hear that the radio stations suffered "technical difficulties" when it's time for the church to have its airtime.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:28 pm

Mugg wrote:
I would love to hear that the radio stations suffered "technical difficulties" when it's time for the church to have its airtime.

Oddly enough, the station experienced a total power outage when it was time for the broadcast to begin. This was later blamed on the city trimming trees near the building, and accidentally cutting a power line...

Frankly, I salute the station for being willing to put up with these idiots and keep the girl's family from being exposed to their vitrolic hatred at their daughter's funeral. God knows, losing a child is hard enough.
Back to top Go down
Mugg

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Mugg wrote:

Oddly enough, the station experienced a total power outage when it was time for the broadcast to begin. This was later blamed on the city trimming trees near the building, and accidentally cutting a power line...

Frankly, I salute the station for being willing to put up with these idiots and keep the girl's family from being exposed to their vitrolic hatred at their daughter's funeral. God knows, losing a child is hard enough.

Hah! Karma is served! Accident or no accident, that's sweet.

I agree that the radio stations did a good job with finding a way to keep the church from the funeral. I just wish there were other ways to keep these morons away from all funerals without having to cater to their attention-whoring ways.
Back to top Go down
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:37 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Mugg wrote:

What a crazy random happenstance. Trollface
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:48 pm

Aggie wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
Mugg wrote:

What a crazy random happenstance. Trollface

Tree Trimmer: "Oh no Boss. I completely and totally by accident cut off the power to the radio station with that unfortunately timed tree branch just as those charming people from Kansas were about to go on."
Boss: "Oh no. What a terrible unfortunate accident that we are extremely sorry for. Take an extra hour with your lunch as punishment."
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:15 am

I think necroposting is a lesser sin than starting a whole new thread on the WBC, so consider this news bit my birthday gift to all of you:

High court rules for military funeral protesters

While it seems to be a reaffirmation of what's protected speech and what isn't, I'm willing to bet the WBC will interpret it as an affirmation of their mission--God on their side and whatnot--and I'd also bet that we see a dramatic spike in protests. They've been lackluster lately, not showing up to protests they'd heavily publicized or sending one dumbass with a pathetic sign that no one takes notice of. That will likely change, I'm sure.

I'd give you their take on it, but their hateful little site appears to be down at the moment. What a pity that they can't serve up their intolerant, loathsome viewpoints on the internet right now. Such a pity.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:43 am

lemmingwriter wrote:
I'd give you their take on it, but their hateful little site appears to be down at the moment. What a pity that they can't serve up their intolerant, loathsome viewpoints on the internet right now. Such a pity.

Don't bother. What they think will not be constructive and your visit will help generate ad dollars for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...   

Back to top Go down

Westboro Baptist Church goes stupid again...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next