Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cal Baptist expels transgender student

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Cal Baptist expels transgender student Empty
PostSubject: Cal Baptist expels transgender student   Cal Baptist expels transgender student EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:19 am

Link

Quote :
A transgender woman was expelled from California Baptist University after she appeared on an MTV reality show.
Those nasty trannies! How dare they not hide in the closet so they don't make normal people uncomfortable!

Quote :
Domaine Javier, 24, said university officials told her she was expelled for falsely claiming on her application form that she is a female. Javier revealed on MTV’s “True Life” that she is biologically male.
Of course, if she'd checked male on the application form and then showed up looking female, the university officials' heads would have exploded.

Quote :
She said she applied to appear on the show to raise awareness on transgender issues and let other transgender people know that they’re not alone.
That must have taken courage, given how batshit insane some people go over transgender individuals.

Quote :
Cal Baptist’s written policies do not explicitly bar transgender students.
And yet TPTB decided to expel her for being transgender, even though it isn't against their policy.

It makes me wonder what they would do if a student was revealed to be intersex.

"But...but they marked both sexes on their application! That's against God! God would never make someone both sexes!"

Makes me glad I rejected even the thought of Cal Baptist and went to UCR instead. I'm not transgender myself, but I see nothing wrong with it, and I would not want to give any money to an institution that punishes people for being themselves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Cal Baptist expels transgender student   Cal Baptist expels transgender student EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:19 pm

Wonder what's going to happen in this case, since they're a private institution:
Quote :
California law prohibits employment, housing, government, insurance and other types of discrimination based upon gender identity. But private universities generally are not covered by the law, said Mark Wood, an attorney with the San Francisco-based Transgender Law Center.
In the end, can they get away with doing something like that? They shouldn't, but I get the feeling they will, all done while hiding behind the "well, the application wasn't accurate and truthful" banner.

She'll be better off in the long run not being there, I think. There are better campuses out there and far better nursing programs.
Back to top Go down
SlayerOfStupidity

PostSubject: Re: Cal Baptist expels transgender student   Cal Baptist expels transgender student EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:15 pm

I hate the goddamn world, I really do. D:
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Cal Baptist expels transgender student   Cal Baptist expels transgender student EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 4:45 pm

I don't understand why they just can't change the sex/gender question to Male, Female, Intersex, Other (with a blank to explain FtM or MtF or some other combination that I don't know) and Prefer Not to Say. They do it with race pretty often on most surveys anymore. I mean, if the officials don't want to be surprised when someone turns out to be *gasp* SOMETHING DIFFERENT OMFG, then have a way for people to explain that on applications.

Of course, filling it out on any application and putting that down, I'd imagine some might take a look at it and go "Female to Male Transexual? Nope, don't think so." and toss the app in the trash. Cal Baptist expels transgender student 309696
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Cal Baptist expels transgender student   Cal Baptist expels transgender student EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Maximilia wrote:
I don't understand why they just can't change the sex/gender question to Male, Female, Intersex, Other (with a blank to explain FtM or MtF or some other combination that I don't know) and Prefer Not to Say. They do it with race pretty often on most surveys anymore. I mean, if the officials don't want to be surprised when someone turns out to be *gasp* SOMETHING DIFFERENT OMFG, then have a way for people to explain that on applications.

Of course, filling it out on any application and putting that down, I'd imagine some might take a look at it and go "Female to Male Transexual? Nope, don't think so." and toss the app in the trash. Cal Baptist expels transgender student 309696
Cal Baptist certainly would.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cal Baptist expels transgender student   Cal Baptist expels transgender student Empty

Back to top Go down

Cal Baptist expels transgender student
Page 1 of 1