Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something Weird Happened to Me Today

Go down 
+83
Eeveegou
KelinciHutan
spork
TheIan
Cyberwulf
Mikey Go WOOGA
rae
Disco Stu
oracle
Kevin M
Shisaiga
I_Lam_Edhellen
the asylum
Reidmar
myeerah
TheHedonist
Chris91
knightwithoutacause
CaptainMcNeil
karmyn31
Nihilist
Hawaiian Shirt
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
bleachedblackcat
Owlish
Pierre Gringoire
Kommandar
The Unoriginal
John Marston
4shadowedice4
Quijotesca
Rabid Badger
KJM
Lapin
Spotts1701
Lembech
Saleha
InkWeaver
Dr. Quinzel
WD40
Nonsense Words
EricD
Somath Cegem
lemmingwriter
Lurv
Reepicheep-chan
Sakurelf
beepchoc
Kirby
Miss Misery
Aggie
Azzandra
Jesus.
Ratchetmon
Tungsten Monk
Lexin
theweirdkind
GamemasterAnthony
Sarin
NichoMas
Sutremaine
grmblfjx
Salamas
Fairlight
Sheba
Miss Prince
Snake Bandage
Mr.Doobie
dracowaltztard
moonpie
Maximilia
Blooferlady
Mafiosa
gaijinguy
Vilecat
Penguin
Seule
ZoZo
XLT-100852.0
SlyChild
Lady Anne
Braigwen
EileenK98
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. Quinzel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Dr. Quinzel

Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:11 am

Yeah, I definitely had a 'why do I recognize this per-OH MY GOD IT'S HIM' moment. He actually asked us about something, but it was pretty brief and I didn't want to be a derp and abruptly be all 'HURR DURR I LOVE YOUR REVIEWS'.

I kinda think he knew I recognized him because I'm really expressive and probably had a Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 355243 face going.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:50 pm

I found out that I am directly related to Charlemagne.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:19 pm

Braigwen wrote:

Isn't just about half the population of Europe (and people of European extraction, of course) though? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:24 am

Saleha wrote:
Braigwen wrote:

Isn't just about half the population of Europe (and people of European extraction, of course) though? Razz

It's still kind of cool. But my third cousin once removed was Pope John Paul II.
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:05 am

I just hopped on 4chan to see that they've made posting MLP threads a bannable offense on /co/. I'm just...lavishing the fact that it's causing such a shitstorm. Trollface

Jesus christ this site is making me a bit of a schadenfreude.

Also, the multiple thread-making for MLP had indeed got out of control (and apparently no one wants to admit it), but I don't think it should've went to this.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:30 pm

So I get on YouTube to look up videos by Jessie J, since I keep seeing this woman's picture everywhere and have no idea who she is or why I should care (not impressed by her music, but that's not the point). You know how YouTube will have promoted videos listed on the right of screen? Well, this particular video has its thumbnail photo of a dead woman. An actual dead woman. Namely Annaliese Michel, the inspiration for the film The Exorcism of Emily Rose, in all her post-exorcism, gruesome, emaciated, dead-as-a-doornail glory. Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 556166 Really guys? What on earth does this dead girl have to do with some English pop tart?

It was just so......odd.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Miss Misery wrote:
Really guys? What on earth does this dead girl have to do with some English pop tart?

It was just so......odd.

Sometimes it's amazing what search strings will bring back as "relevant".

Weird thing: My student loan repayment plan. First it was pay "A". Then it was pay "B" (significantly more than "A"). Now it's pay "C" (more than "A", but less than "B"). Make up your damn minds, people!
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:19 am

I have GOT to find a way to turn my imagination off.

While coming home from a Derby Day at Canterbury Downs, I heard this song on the radio and almost immediately a strange idea popped into my head.

It starts with someone looking at a thread at The Escapist asking people which video game world they would want to live in. Suddenly, the scene shifts to the user looking at the thread who says, "I doubt anyone would want to live in a world where you have to save the world everyday..."

It then breaks into the song, but it's being sung by various video game characters from Mario to Sonic, from Master Chief to Kratos...everyone got a bit in this. Near the end, when the song fades out, we actually see Tails kneeling before a few gravestones. He looks up sadly at...someone (in the original thought, it was me as the Gamemaster) and hugs him as he cries a bit. The two characters walk off, and we now see the graves...which bear the names "Cosmo", "Johnny Lightfoot", and "Hershey".

Like I said, very strange...but if I knew people good with voices and was good with video editing, this might be a fun project to put together.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Just learned at work that apparently my favorite pre-workout supplement makes you test positive for methamphetamine in urinalysis. We haven't been banned from taking it... yet, but still. WTF? I've been taking Jack3d for awhile and so have a bunch of other people in my flight and we've all been repeatedly piss-tested without incident.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:38 pm

My friend just got to Afghanistan. It's 115 degrees and it took a half-an-hour for her eyes to adjust. She says there's no clouds, just sun. She's been kind of weirded out the whole time, unsettled.

So she tried to Skype with some of us, using the program for the first time.

It came up in Arabic.

It's not funny. But we were all laughing at her as she tried to figure out what to do. It was just surreal, like we were all serious, and there she is, doing something goofy. In Afghanistan.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:20 pm

She can get used to pretty much everything coming up in Arabic. Especially Google. Localization regardless of the computer's actual settings and existing cookies gets really annoying in Afghanistan.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:01 pm

I woke up, having composed a song in my dreams. It's mostly gone now (I can only recall a few of the lyrics from the beginning), and I will have to live life knowing that the hauntingly beautiful melody in my head will never exist in real life. Ah, well.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:49 am

You wouldn't mind posting those lyrics, would you?
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:50 am

KJM wrote:
You wouldn't mind posting those lyrics, would you?
I only remember it began with "Stars are coming in, stars are coming in", something about light fading, I think, "Sun is going down now, day is at an end". Which is unusually coherent for me, because I often compose poems in my sleep, and when I wake up, I realize it's just nonsensical, bilingual gibberish that only seemed brilliant because of dream logic.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 5:34 am

Coincidentally, I had a fantastic dream and when I woke up from it, I thought I'd better write it down before I went back to sleep and forgot about it. But I was still exhausted and in bed, so I resolved to remind myself repeatedly of the details until I drifted off again.

It didn't work. :p
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:29 am

Penguin wrote:
She can get used to pretty much everything coming up in Arabic. Especially Google. Localization regardless of the computer's actual settings and existing cookies gets really annoying in Afghanistan.

Yeah, I think she's worked that out. Facebook is still in English (WTF?), so her brother is giving her instructions through it to switch the language over. It's just so ridiculously funny.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:33 am

Facebook doesn't do localization like google does. Not even with the ads- the ads I get depend on who I'm interacting with, not where I am.

Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:41 am

Ah, that explains it. She was going on about how Google betrayed her. Her brother is in the army, and she's air force. He's already done a tour, so I guess he knows that.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 11:21 am

Lapin wrote:
Ah, that explains it. She was going on about how Google betrayed her. Her brother is in the army, and she's air force. He's already done a tour, so I guess he knows that.

Huh, that's a funny coincidence. What do they do?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 11:45 am

Penguin wrote:
Lapin wrote:

Huh, that's a funny coincidence. What do they do?

I was never close to her brother, as he was two years behind me. I know he went army because their father is. He has "Advanced Individual Training" listed. Whatever that means.

I need to ask her to make sure. I'm almost positive she went into intelligence, but I might be thinking of our other Air Force friend.

Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:39 pm

I was laughing over the hullabaloo about the Rapture being on May 21. I realized they are right, but not how they think, and only for a few thousand people who aren't who they think they will be. That's the day I, and a large number of friends I've made at the uni, graduate.
Yeah
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 7:37 am

My desktop computer, which I loved dearly, stopped working several months ago stating that its windows book file was corrupted.

I recently inherited an ancient computer from my dad, and set about canabalising the two to try and make something usable.

Having unplugged everything and while trying to get the new (dad's) Hard Drive to serve as the master in my old tower.

Here's the weird part, and maybe someone more computer-savvy can figure out what's going on, because it's confuzzling the hell out of me.

The computer is now booting, quite happily, from the a 'storage box' hard drive. And not only that, this 'storage box' hard drive has all the programs and files that were previously installed on the 'boot' hard drive. Which I am holding in my hand right now.

The computer still recognises 'Boot' and 'Storage' in 'My Computer', along with an added 'Local Drive', which is the new one I got off my dad.

I do not know how this is happening or why. Computers are magical things with rules all their own, it seems.

[edit] A few answers provide s few more questions!

A little playing around has uncovered that 'Storage' which was originally an 80G Hard Drive, is now, for some reason, 2 40G hard drives.

I don't recall ever telling my computer to do this. I didn't even know it could.

My computer is made of magic.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:19 am

That, or your computer is gaining sentience and evolving. When exactly was Skynet supposed to rise against humanity?
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:25 pm

About fifteen years ago, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:55 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
About fifteen years ago, wasn't it?

They had Vista installed; that shit takes forever to get rid of!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something Weird Happened to Me Today   Something Weird Happened to Me Today - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Something Weird Happened to Me Today
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next