Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings

Go down 
+35
Maximilia
EileenK98
caffeine addict
WD40
Adagio
The Alien from Uranus
lemmingwriter
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
KelinciHutan
Majin Gojira
Lapin
Somath Cegem
Anon
Psy-4
saeku
Sutremaine
Lady Anne
Cyberwulf
InkWeaver
Spotts1701
Verandering
TheHermit
Malganis
GamemasterAnthony
maladroit_mooncalf
pirategrrl
Penguin
The Unoriginal
tim gueguen
Rabid Badger
Dr. Quinzel
gaijinguy
Mikey Go WOOGA
kuroineko
the asylum
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:27 pm

God wank!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Lapin wrote:
The Alien from Uranus wrote:
Adagio wrote:
^ I know you're intending those to be philosophical questions, but as to this one—

The Alien from Uranus wrote:
Is [the universe] infinite?

—a popular theory last I checked was that the universe is finite, but unbounded. That is, it's kind of like the 3-D equivalent of the 2-D surface of a sphere: it's finite, but if you were to hypothetically travel long enough in the same direction, you'd eventually arrive back exactly where you started.

If it's finite, are there things that exist outside of it? Do there exist other planes of existence where a god-like figure (or anything, really) might live? Most people would probably think the idea is ridiculous, but they're not exactly unreasonable questions. For all we know, we might be living in one universe out of many.

Oh, the soap bubble theory! That's one of my favorites! The theory is that there are tons and tons of universes all on top of each other like big balls of soap bubbles. It's absolutely fascinating.

Is that a theory in the sense that there's a tiny iota of evidence to back it up, or is it one of the theories created by deluded morons so lost in their own fantasies they think the Bengals are a legitimate Superb Owl contender?
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:17 am

Hai guiz, remember that guy who wanted to burn those Korans? Yeah, that guy?

He's weirder than you think! Even weirder than burning a bunch of Korans in some attempt to say "HAI EVERY1 IM CHRISTUN!!111!!!" would lead you to believe!

Quote :
The Florida pastor who is planning to burn a pile of Korans this weekend runs a church that has established a variety of cult-like rules for individuals studying to become ministers, according to the group’s “rulebook.”

For instance, students are directed to cut off most contact with family members. “Family occasions like wedding, funerals or Birthdays are no exception to this rule,” the rulebook notes. “No phone calls. Exceptions can be made under certain circumstances but only after receiving permission.”

...Okay...

Quote :
The Joneses also barred “Singles” from having “romantic relationships to the opposite sex…Except work things, there is no need to talk at all, or even flirt!” Students were barred from “eating out in restaurants” and warned that they would be weighed “once a week to follow the tendency,” an apparent reference to a weight goal established by the Joneses.

So, no talking to ANYONE, no eating, and no showering (yes, showering) more than once a day because I guess that's looking at yourself naked and maybe getting turned on because you've been so isolated from everyone else that you're going insane, or something.

Anyway, if the Joneses end up whipping up a special batch of Kool-Aid, I hope they're the only ones who drink it.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:39 am

Quote :
The Joneses also barred “Singles” from having “romantic relationships to the opposite sex…

So they could have silent romantic relationships with the same sex?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:33 pm

myeerah wrote:
Quote :
The Joneses also barred “Singles” from having “romantic relationships to the opposite sex…

So they could have silent romantic relationships with the same sex?
Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings - Page 5 831506 I wonder if Reverend Fruitcake thought of that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 1:11 am

I really like this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Visit msnbc.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:28 pm

So in the end he didn't do it. So he seriously went through all that just to troll everybody? scratch
Back to top Go down
OzymandiasBowie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
OzymandiasBowie

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Snake Bandage wrote:
So in the end he didn't do it. So he seriously went through all that just to troll everybody? scratch

The pastor said that he reached an "agreement", the terms of which were that the community center would not be built near Ground Zero in exchange for not burning the Qur'an. It wasn't really trolling, I don't think. More like posturing and blowing hot air out his ass.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:43 pm

Snake Bandage wrote:

No, it's like in Team America: World Police, with the speech about pussies, dicks, and assholes, and how everyone is one of 'em. Basically, this guy is an asshole who thought he was a dick, and he was shitting on everything, and he forgot that 1) he's an asshole, not a dick, and 2) assholes get fucked by dicks. Because that's the only way you can stop an asshole from shitting all over everyone.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:19 am

OzymandiasBowie wrote:
Snake Bandage wrote:

The pastor said that he reached an "agreement", the terms of which were that the community center would not be built near Ground Zero in exchange for not burning the Qur'an. It wasn't really trolling, I don't think. More like posturing and blowing hot air out his ass.

Except the Imam he supposedly made this 'agreement' with says nothing was said about not building the community center on the planned spot (at least not by him).

Also, I stumbled across THIS interesting little bit of information:

Muslim Prayer Room was Part of Life at Twin Towers

That's right, kiddies; there was a Muslim Prayer Room in the Twin Towers for the benefit of Muslims who worked there. No one knows for sure when it was built or how long it had been there, but as near as they can tell, no one else who worked in the Twin Towers ever protested it's presence.

It's also believed that somewhere between 25-30 Muslim workers (possibly more, since pretty much all the employee records were destroyed, it's hard to get an exact fix) in the Center were killed in the crash. Which isn't nearly as large as the number of other people killed, but I doubt everyone who died that day was a white Christian fundamentalist. New York is referred to as a melting pot for a reason.

Did the pilot who flew the airplane into the Twin Towers know there were Muslims inside? Probably not. If he'd known, would it have stopped him from going ahead? Doubtful. He was a vengeful fanatic engaged in what he viewed as a Holy War (not unlike Rev. Jones, ireally). He would've considered any of his own people he killed as traitors for having moved to the US and becoming citizens, and doubtless for socializing with 'infidels' on a regular basis.

All groups, religious or otherwise, generally contains both sane, rational people and crazed fanatics. It's just the crazed fanatics make so much noise no one can hear what the sane, rational people have to say.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:35 am

Snake Bandage wrote:

I read somewhere on Huffpost—and I agree with the viewpoint—that what he's actually trying to do is hold the people planning to build Park51 hostage to his whims.

Basically, by saying that the reason he's not burning the Qurans (yet) is because the Park51 people promised to move, he's putting the possible Quran burning on their heads. If they don't move, and Rev. Whatsisface burns the Qurans after all, you can bet a lot of people will view this as their fault for not having moved. A lot of people will view them as the ones putting US troops (and maybe citizens, I guess) in danger, instead of the actual terrorist.

For a narrow-minded, bigoted hick, it's actually a pretty cunning move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings   Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Florida church to hold 9/11 Quaran burnings
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5