Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thinking about abortion now a crime.

Go down 
+42
KeyserSoze
Blooferlady
Trioculus
Bamshalam
tachikoma01
Mr.Doobie
gaijinguy
Manny
lemmingwriter
Lady Anne
Just Chipper
Jay/Cris
Knorg
Knight
Somath Cegem
Verandering
Penguin
Ezri Dax
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
ZoZo
TheHermit
Jesus.
TheHedonist
Chaltab
Seule
Ayezur
DarthDarthington
The Alien from Uranus
Mikey Go WOOGA
Ghost in the Machine
Malganis
Miss Prince
bleachedblackcat
Psy-4
Azzandra
rae
Reidmar
Cyberwulf
Delcat
Maximilia
Mafiosa
Anathema
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The Alien from Uranus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Alien from Uranus

Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
A bunch of pretentious shit.

You're continually missing the point. The woman was wrongfully arrested and accused of a crime she didn't commit. What part of that are you not getting?

Also, guys. I'm 99.99999% certain Ayezur's post was sarcastic. Really.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Why will no one weep for my lost appendix
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Chaltab wrote:
...and you don't remember it in the slightest. Why are you whining about it now?
Dude. What. The fuck.

It is a PIECE OF THE BODY that DOES NOT GROW BACK*. That's like saying "Sure, your parents had one of your fingers amputated without your permission for purely aesthetic reasons, but you can't remember it, so suck it up." Best be trollan, Chaltab, best be trollan.

As far as the "don't BAAAAW about male circumcision because female circumcision is much worse" thing goes, don't. Just don't. It's apples and oranges, not because of the extent of the damage caused, but because of the extremely different reasons for the two problems. And yes, they ARE both problems. There's just no bloody point about making it into a pissing contest between the two because they are not related. They're separate cultural issues with separate cultural motivations and separate cultural backgrounds. Okay?

how the hell did we get from abortion wank to circumcision wank anyway KelinciHutan is going to be displeased

----

*Yes, I'm aware that the skin can be coaxed into a kind of new foreskin, but it's not the same thing--if I understand it correctly, there are particular nerves native to the foreskin that can't be replaced or regenerated.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:27 pm

Mafiosa wrote:

Because chances are if your appendix was amputated it was a danger to your health and well-being.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Chaltab wrote:
...and you don't remember it in the slightest. Why are you whining about it now?
I'd retort with some sort of roofie-ed rape victims or repressed memories of child abuse comment, but... nah. I highly doubt it'd matter.

And I'm generally anti-circ for the sole reason that it's just become so normal and so common to slice off a chunk of the penis, almost as if to not do that is so incredibly weird and revolutionary and is simply just not done. It really creeps me out.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:30 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

Because chances are if your appendix was amputated it was a danger to your health and well-being.

I COULD CHANGE HIM!
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
TheHedonist wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:

I COULD CHANGE HIM!

That will just lead you to a vicious cycle that I cannot condone or enable Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 11:37 pm

I was kidding. STOP IT!

STOP IT RITE NAO OR GOD HELP ME I'LL TURN THIS FORUM AROUND!!1!!
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 11:46 pm

The Alien from Uranus wrote:
You're continually missing the point.
I thought people around here knew better than to fling accusations of 'missing the point' at me. Yep, at no point was arguing the legal side, while keeping quiet about the ethical side intentional, nope.

The woman was wrongfully arrested and accused of a crime she didn't commit. What part of that are you not getting?
The part where you are so sure that "she didn't commit" the crime. Since the fall took place "after an upsetting phone conversation with her estranged husband" and she described her situation with "I was alone, pregnant with two young kids, with no family around or support", it could be argued either way.

Let's just admit that you have a problem with the law that enables this entire situation to be legally sound. You yourself posted more about your pro-choice views than the situation itself.

And no, I don't really feel like joining you in rolling around, spewing the same old tired pro-choice stuff I agree with, if for no other reason that I'm Canadian and my pointless internet rambling would have even less impact on Iowa's state laws than yours.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 11:54 pm

Psy-4 wrote:

The woman was wrongfully arrested and accused of a crime she didn't commit. What part of that are you not getting?
The part where you are so sure that "she didn't commit" the crime. Since the fall took place "after an upsetting phone conversation with her estranged husband" and she described her situation with "I was alone, pregnant with two young kids, with no family around or support", it could be argued either way.

>implying
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:42 am

Mafiosa wrote:
>implying

Please don't spread 4chan memes. They're the internet form of herpes.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:34 am

TheHermit wrote:
Some are better than others. >implying is a good one because it works as wank shorthand, which we're in dire need of around here.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 6:32 am

Cut wank?

Hey did you guys know that American condoms don't often fit on British cocks?
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:17 am

also circumcision really just grosses me out

seriously why would you cut bits off yourself

ew ew ew
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:24 am

I can't believe people are being arrested for their THOUGHTS now.

"AMERICA, LAND OF THOUGHT POLICE,
AMERICA, LAND OF ENFORCED PEACE..."

*continues to sing*
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Ayezur

Ayezur

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:25 am

Also, guys. I'm 99.99999% certain Ayezur's post was sarcastic. Really.

They see me trollin', they hatin'. etc.

Yeah, I had a point hidden under my apparently subtle sarcasm, but that got missed in favor of moral! outrage! OUTRAGE I SAY.

and my point was basically that I've never seen circumcision wank come up except in the context of how men are totally oppressed because they get their foreskins cut off.

Sort of like it did now.

Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 961878

To the Dworkinmobile! AWAY!
Back to top Go down
http://lookingforwater.livejournal.com/
Ezri Dax
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ezri Dax

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:03 am

Okay, here are my thoughts:

1. If this woman was merely CONSIDERING an abortion, there was no crime actually committed and therefore why the fuck was she arrested?
2. Getting upset and falling downstairs is an accident, not a crime.
3. There have been breaches of doctor/patient confidentiality.
4. All of the above apply even if ACTUAL abortion is illegal where she lives. The facts are the facts regardless of whether you're pro-life or pro-choice.
5. Circumcision is an unnecessary and risky procedure. It should only be done if the person wants it or for medical reasons. Nobody should make the choice for a person, and that includes children.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:37 am

I love walking into a thread to see a bunch of women throwing e-fists at each other over whether a structurally superfluous piece of skin being cut off is an atrocity.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:49 am

Dongs are serious business.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:17 am

TheHermit wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
>implying

I think you missed why that particular comment was aimed at Psy-4, king of the 15 year old /b/tards.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:09 am

Ezri Dax wrote:
1. If this woman was merely CONSIDERING an abortion, there was no crime actually committed and therefore why the fuck was she arrested?
Given her mental state, the doctor suspected that the falling down the stairs wasn't an accident.

Ezri Dax wrote:
2. Getting upset and falling downstairs is an accident, not a crime.
While getting upset and throwing yourself down the stairs with intent to harm the fetus is.

Ezri Dax wrote:
3. There have been breaches of doctor/patient confidentiality.
No, there wasn't. Learn2read.

Wait, aren't you that shitty troll? Nevermind.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:19 pm

People do lots of stupid things when they're upset.

To arrest her for simply CONSIDERING an abortion is disgusting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Penguin wrote:
I love walking into a thread to see a bunch of women throwing e-fists at each other over whether a structurally superfluous piece of skin being cut off is an atrocity.
Seriously, us British ladies look at a circumcised wang and go "er... but what do I do with this? How is this fun?"
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:30 pm

Penguin wrote:

The necessity of the piece of skin isn't the point, the point is whether or not they have the right to do an unnecessary surgical procedure on a child that affects their sex life for the rest of their lives when they're too young to know the implications, speak, or protest. It's not what's getting cut off that makes it an atrocity, it's the fact that you're performing unnecessary surgical procedures on a child. In what world is that not fucked up?

Also, I'm not a woman.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:32 pm

Delcat wrote:
how the hell did we get from abortion wank to circumcision wank anyway
BECAUSE WE MUST TALK ABOUT STUFF THAT AFFECTS MEN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about abortion now a crime.
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next