Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thinking about abortion now a crime.

Go down 
+42
KeyserSoze
Blooferlady
Trioculus
Bamshalam
tachikoma01
Mr.Doobie
gaijinguy
Manny
lemmingwriter
Lady Anne
Just Chipper
Jay/Cris
Knorg
Knight
Somath Cegem
Verandering
Penguin
Ezri Dax
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
ZoZo
TheHermit
Jesus.
TheHedonist
Chaltab
Seule
Ayezur
DarthDarthington
The Alien from Uranus
Mikey Go WOOGA
Ghost in the Machine
Malganis
Miss Prince
bleachedblackcat
Psy-4
Azzandra
rae
Reidmar
Cyberwulf
Delcat
Maximilia
Mafiosa
Anathema
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:21 pm

Bamshalam wrote:
I don't really have enough time to write up a separate post about this, so Ima just leave this here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:47 pm

Bamshalam wrote:
I don't really have enough time to write up a separate post about this, so Ima just leave this here.

I totally understand how making a miscarriage illegal is absolutely batshit. While they're at it, why don't they make having a stroke illegal?

But is that article seriously complaining about them punishing illegal abortions? What is their argument? That if you break an existing law there should be no penalties?

Quote :
Practically speaking however, this bill changes the presumption
that abortions obtained in this state are legal. If this bill is signed
into law, women in this state will essentially be in the uncomfortable
and unfortunate position of having to prove that abortions they obtain
(or miscarriages that they suffer) are not unlawful.

THAT is a problem. No sane individual can argue the burden of proof should be on the person accused of wrongdoing.

Quote :
A woman who fails to wear a seatbelt and is in a car accident could be charged with reckless homicide, should she miscarry.

THAT actually makes a twisted sort of sense. They're operating under the assumption that the baby is a viable life/human/sacred/whatever the fuck it is they say. That leads them to say killing the baby is the same as killing a 26 year old. And if your GROSS negligence/incompetence got somebody killed, you could be on the hook for negligent homicide.

Not saying that this bit is a good idea, I'm just saying that the train of thought behind it is easy to follow.

Quote :
Just in case that wasn't enough, the bill's authors included a
provision that with 2/3 members already voting for the bill, the
"Criminal Miscarriage" Law would go into effect even if Gov. Herbert
doesn't sign the bill into law.

They can do that? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Maybe the Utah Constitution is GREATLY different that the US Constitution, but if the US Senate tried that, the Supreme Court would probably shit a chicken.

Quote :
More than anything, Utah wants to be liked. After decades
being seen as a backwards, intolerant state, we desperately want to be
accepted into the political and cultural mainstream.

1.) Move out of the desert and come to America with the rest of us.
2.) Just disband your state and become part of Nevada. You can room with Mafi. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
3.) Stop doing shit like this.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:16 pm

...There are no words for this stupidity.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Quote :
Just in case that wasn't enough, the bill's authors included a
provision that with 2/3 members already voting for the bill, the
"Criminal Miscarriage" Law would go into effect even if Gov. Herbert
doesn't sign the bill into law.

They can do that? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Maybe the Utah Constitution is GREATLY different that the US Constitution, but if the US Senate tried that, the Supreme Court would probably shit a chicken.

Well, the Congress can override a Presidential Veto with a 2/3 majority, but the President has to Veto it first. I don't think the Congress can say "This is Law even if the President doesn't sign it if it's got a 2/3 majority"

But like you said, the Utah Constitution may be different./
Back to top Go down
Blooferlady
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Blooferlady

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:39 pm

Bamshalam wrote:

WHAT IS THIS
Back to top Go down
http://blooferblog.tumblr.com
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:58 pm

Quote :
2.) Just disband your state and become part of Nevada. You can room with Mafi

Holy shit that would make a great sitcom. Utah and Nevada are the odd couple of states.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Bamshalam wrote:
Criminalizing miscarriage? How stupid can you be to not realize that miscarriages happen naturally?

I can definitely see this driving women to hide pregnancies out of fear of prosecution if they should miscarry, which would then drive up the rate of pregnancy problems because of lack of prenatal care.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:45 am

Well miscarriages should be illegal. If the little hussy had just kept her legs crossed it never would have fallen out. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:18 am

ZoZo wrote:
Well miscarriages should be illegal. If the little hussy had just kept her legs crossed it never would have fallen out. Rolling Eyes

Pic related

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:27 am

I don't know if anyone has linked to this yet (apologies if they have), but it seems oddly apropos:

Because you know, you know that this is what they'd really want to do. In fact it's getting so bad that it is hard to write proper satire these days, because no matter what you write there are people who think it's actually a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:24 am

Fresh from the Something Awful press:

e: Also here's the bill

Quote :
48 (1) (a) A person commits criminal homicide if [he] the person intentionally,
49 knowingly, recklessly, with criminal negligence, or acting with a mental state otherwise
50 specified in the statute defining the offense, causes the death of another human being, including
51 an unborn child at any stage of its development.
52 (b) There shall be no cause of action for criminal homicide for the death of an unborn
53 child caused by an abortion, as defined in Section 76-7-301 .
54 (2) Criminal homicide is aggravated murder, murder, manslaughter, child abuse
55 homicide, homicide by assault, negligent homicide, or automobile homicide.

I'm not really seeing where this is horrible godawful, being as it was made in response to some woman paying a man 150 bux to punch her in the stomach until she miscarried. Obviously there should have been more or better options for that woman and I can see how this could be an excuse to harass women a bit but it's not the horrible evil law everyone's making it out to be. Am I missing something?

ee: oh wait cool this law defines a single fertilized egg as a person wtf

nevermind this is fucking stupid
Back to top Go down
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:30 am

Quote :
"The killing or attempted killing of a live unborn child in a manner that is not abortion shall be punished as...criminal homicide."
Wow, Utah, I didn't know that all mothers who miscarry wanted to kill their children! The female conspiracy is uncovered at last! I am going to accuse my mother right goddamn now of killing her miscarried child decades ago! The next step is to criminalize female pregnancy, and then start impregnating men, who will have more sense that to kill their children!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:50 pm

Why don't we just go all the way, and make sex completely illegal? If women don't have sex, they can't get pregnant, and they won't need an abortion. Problem solved!

I'm pro-life, and I'm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] at this whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:51 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
Why don't we just go all the way, and make sex completely illegal?
Because that would affect men, not just the baby factories?
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:04 pm

All I know of Utah comes from watching Big Love. The show likes to demonstrate the local population's insane focus on making many righteous Christian babies to get the best seats in heaven, so...
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Ceres wrote:
All I know of Utah comes from watching Big Love. The show likes to demonstrate the local population's insane focus on making many righteous Christian babies to get the best seats in heaven, so...

Mormon.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
ee: oh wait cool this law defines a single fertilized egg as a person wtf

nevermind this is fucking stupid

I think "recklessly" seems like an uncomfortably broad term, too.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:07 pm

May I pose a wonder?

Who was carrying said baby?

Oh...the mother was? And until that child is born it is considered a part of the mother's body?

And why do these people have such a problem?

Besides, after the kid is born the state ignores them anyway...so...um...yea.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:38 am

Braigwen wrote:
May I pose a wonder?

Oh...the mother was? And until that child is born it is considered a part of the mother's body?

This is classic conservative doublethink. "Care for the cute babies and keep anything from harming them!... Until they're born, then dropkick them down the stairs 'cause I don't want my taxes paying for no slut's baby. Fuck You Got Mine!"
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:16 am

That's not doublethink.
That's just plain old contradiction.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:41 am

TheHermit wrote:
Braigwen wrote:
May I pose a wonder?

This is classic conservative doublethink. "Care for the cute babies and keep anything from harming them!... Until they're born, then dropkick them down the stairs 'cause I don't want my taxes paying for no slut's baby. Fuck You Got Mine!"

Is this before or after they have a snack made of cute, terrified puppies which they rape and beat to death just For The Evulz?
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:27 am

gaijinguy wrote:
TheHermit wrote:
Braigwen wrote:
May I pose a wonder?

Is this before or after they have a snack made of cute, terrified puppies which they rape and beat to death just For The Evulz?

In the middle. Rape puppies, defend fetuses (feti?), ignore born children, beat puppies.

It's a full schedule.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:42 pm

VAGINAS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL

IF THESE WOMEN DID NOT HAVE VAGINAS NONE OF THESE THINGS WOULD BE A PROBLEM
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:57 pm

Seule wrote:
VAGINAS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL

IF THESE WOMEN DID NOT HAVE VAGINAS NONE OF THESE THINGS WOULD BE A PROBLEM

AND THE ONLY LEGAL USE FOR THEIR MOUTHS SHOULD BE ORAL!!! I THINK EVERYONE IS SICK OF HEARING THEM TALK NONSTOP!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:42 pm

I never knew you identified as a woman, Mikey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about abortion now a crime.   Thinking about abortion now a crime. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about abortion now a crime.
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next