Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Games that LOOKED cool

Go down 
+35
Thanos6
Mafiosa
Root Admin
Reidmar
V3N0M
Alana
GamemasterAnthony
AverageLurker
SirDixonDongs
Alhazred
Dick Powers
Tillian
theweirdkind
Fitchsticks
Braigwen
fishstickhater
Chocho
Narwhal
Lexin
Aggie
DeeDee
Manny
quamp
Lembech
Maximilia
AngryRobotsInc
Electron Blue
Lysander
Delcat
unskilled78
Lurv
Ceres
Snake Bandage
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Deutschtard
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

Games that LOOKED cool - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:13 am

...actually, that looks more like a SIEG HEIL to me. Except it'd be all cute like SIGG HAIL PLZ or something.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:18 am

Better idea: You take that one sketch from RobotChicken where they're talking about how everyone hate's Will Wheaton's character, Wesley Crusher, and what to do about it. After the one guy suggests that they introduce a character even lamer than Crusher to distract fans from Crusher, another guys suggests, "Uh... Couldn't we just make Crusher less annoying." At that point, the head of the meeting dealy, with exaggerated body language goes, "YOU, OUT!!1!"

Take that YOU OUT bit, and make a .gif out of it with subtitles so people know what's going on. NAO MAEK IT SO!!!
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 6:50 am

Wizardry 7.

Okay, so it doesn't look THAT good now, but compared to its predecessors which had graphics ranging from a selection of lines to looking like somebody just shat on your screen it's a veritable graphical banquet.

Trouble is, it's like a time limit without a time limit. Because all your adverseries move too, you have to get to the treasure before they do. So you don't have any time to explore what would otherwise be a sandbox world.

Also unless you imported a party it's like a baptism by fire because even the early enemies are stronger than you, unlike with number 6 where they only sent you as far as you could handle, in 7 they throw almost everything at you good and hard.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Unlike with number 6 where they only sent you as far as you could handle, in 7 they throw almost everything at you good and hard.

I have to agree with you that they throw everything they have right off the bat, but to me, and perhaps it's how I play, I find it's more enjoyable when there's no mercy involved. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Realm Walker

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:33 am

Anyone played NFS: Hot Pursuit for Wii? It seemed okay from commercials and reviews (only the HD versions were shown), but when you actually play it.....man, does it suck. Unrealistic physics, slow gameplay, no Free Roam, no Wifi, and most of the game modes are basically the same.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 12:43 pm

Maximilia wrote:

However, it's a case of a "mile wide and an inch deep". Each of the four phases before the space phase took from 2 minutes to 20 minutes, tops, to finish. And the "space phase" is nothing more than repetitive missions over and over and over again. Yes, designing your own species/monster as well as buildings and vehicles IS pretty cool, but it's one bright point in an otherwise worthless game.
The game overall just doesn't support the idea. Cell phase was just a copy of flOw, Tribal and Civilization were massively dumbed down RTS mechanics, and Space had some cool ideas (messing with ecosystems), except they weren't implemented in an interesting way. Creature phase was fine, but also too simple.

I remember very well how excited I was. Will Wright promised something grand, with infinite possibilities due to shared content... he just declined to explain that there was little you could do with said content.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Shadowrun on the SNES.

I don't know where the fuck my dad got this game from, and quite frankly, I don't care. Not five minutes in, I'm fighting a couple of dudes, and I have to MANUALLY AIM TO SHOOT WITH THE FUCKING D-PAD. And I have to be accurate, this teeny tiny little reticule the circumference of Mikey's dick can't even fucking stay over a guy's head for me to kill them!

And all that time it takes just to fucking aim on enemy, you're getting fucked by three others. But I don't Rage-Quit easily, I'm determined to make sure this fucking goes through, and I try again and again and again and every single fucking time, I died just a little more inside. I don't care if people consider it a favorite, that game had the most broken-dick bullshit combat I've ever seen next to Final Fantasy XIII.

Shadows of the Empire

I love Star Wars. This was one of the few games I had for the N64 when it was out. The graphics were incredible, the underlying story was deep, and it expanded on a lot of canon. It was great!

But if I had to pin a fault on this game, I'd have to go with its camera. That seems to be a lot of problems with most games. The camera is always faulty and just sucks. I couldn't even get very far in it without the Wampa_Stompa cheat. Hell, that was basically what made the game so damn fun for me in the first place! After that, the controls and camera just sucked.

Yet I wished it was remade and put on, say, 360. Make fans happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Games that LOOKED cool
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3