Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Games that LOOKED cool

Go down 
+35
Thanos6
Mafiosa
Root Admin
Reidmar
V3N0M
Alana
GamemasterAnthony
AverageLurker
SirDixonDongs
Alhazred
Dick Powers
Tillian
theweirdkind
Fitchsticks
Braigwen
fishstickhater
Chocho
Narwhal
Lexin
Aggie
DeeDee
Manny
quamp
Lembech
Maximilia
AngryRobotsInc
Electron Blue
Lysander
Delcat
unskilled78
Lurv
Ceres
Snake Bandage
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Deutschtard
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fishstickhater
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fishstickhater

Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:41 am

Even after all I've heard, I still want Sims 3.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 3:08 pm

the Sims 3 isn't that bad. You can customize the music like in the Sims 2 and hopefully with some of the expansion packs you can have some of the luster that made The Sims 2 so awesome. But if you really want 3 to be great then you have to look for your own content.

Places like DMA Sims, The InSIMinator, The Sims Resource and what not are always great places to find add ons and custom content.
Back to top Go down
Chocho
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Chocho

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 3:57 pm

Mythandariel wrote:
the Sims 3 isn't that bad. You can customize the music like in the Sims 2 and hopefully with some of the expansion packs you can have some of the luster that made The Sims 2 so awesome. But if you really want 3 to be great then you have to look for your own content.

Places like DMA Sims, The InSIMinator, The Sims Resource and what not are always great places to find add ons and custom content.

Hm, kinda true. However, so far it is a real pain for developers to actually make CC. EA didn't dare to close the game off, but apparently they made it a whole lot harder. So it's going to take quite some time until we will get the really good stuff. I am really looking forward to new hair. Even the styles EA offers for money are ugly and boring.
Back to top Go down
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 5:06 pm

So I'm the only person who doesn't have problems with babies spawning randomly and unwanted AI on Sims 3? I just didn't turn it on as an option. Everything is fine. I am happy. I wait for expansions.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 11:54 pm

I'm waiting for the price to go down and for more CC to come out. For now, I'll still with my Sims 2.
Back to top Go down
Chocho
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Chocho

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 3:46 am

Fitchsticks wrote:
So I'm the only person who doesn't have problems with babies spawning randomly and unwanted AI on Sims 3? I just didn't turn it on as an option. Everything is fine. I am happy. I wait for expansions.

You mean, the sims you are not playing don't randomly multiply or move out without notice? Or do you mean that you don't mind them doing that? If it's the first, you either haven't noticed it yet or you have a bug. The story progression toggle does not work.

I seriously hope they are waiting so long with a patch for story progression because it's easier to patch a whole bunch of issues at once and not because they can't fix it. Making this one fucking button work would mollify a huge group of players.
Back to top Go down
Tillian

Tillian

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 11:58 pm

The new Prince of Persia game. I love the art style of it and the flow of the movement but one thing I hate about this game is the fact the fights are tad clunky at best, that's my least favourite part to be honest. Other its not bad but i just hate the combat system in it.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 11:52 am

Deutschtard wrote:
....until you played them.

The first culprit for me would be "Too Human". The game sounded amazing. So when it came from gamefly, I was really excited, the concept sounded so cool, and I've got to be honest, I'm a bit of a Norse Mythology geek. When I plugged it in and started playing it, the controls were nearly impossible. I mean seriously, I died so fast, and there was nothing I could do about it. Excuse me, game creators, but isn't my character supposed to be a GOD? Why the HELL am I able to die? Ok, I get it, it's a game, I can't be infallable, but seriously, why can't i just have a "respawn" option like, say, Bad Company with the super shot... thing. Why is it that Loki, the god, dies and gets taken to Valhalla by a big robot angel?

The next one was Infinite Undiscovery. That... agh. It was just bad. It was like it was trying to be Kingdom Hearts except...it sucked. I have to control all the characters, and while I'm controlling one, the other pretty much does...uh...nothing. I was playing the male character, and needed the female character to shoot arrows at one of the baddies....so I had to call her over and tell her what to do, who to shoot at, and when to shoot, while the male character got his ASS beat.

So, who else has games they were all seriously stoked for, only to play them and find out that they're complete shite?
Oh man, I feel old. I remember it being 2003 and being so hyped up when I heard X-play talking about Too Human. I mean, what could go wrong? They've spent nine hwole years to make them game! I would like to add XIII and Advent Raising to the list of overhyped games not meeting up to exceptions. Though you cannot fault the devolopers of Advent raising for the glichy, buggy though playable game they released. Majesco pushed the damn thing out of the doors too early. 
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:21 am

ArmA II. Okay, so the developer is deservedly well-known for terrible bugs everywhere that never get fixed, but hey, that's part of the charm. A huge, wide-open honest-to-god combat sim with enough realism to make the heads of every console gamer explode but not so much that it's obnoxious? Sold!

Terrible, terrible voice acting? Who cares? Still sold.

And then, you get to the squaddie chatter.

Oh dear lord, the squaddie chatter.

But, you may ask, how is "squaddie chatter" and "voice acting" different? If the voice acting isn't a deal breaker, why is the squaddie chatter a deal breaker by itself?

It's because while the voice acting you'll hear at the very beginning of this clip is just awful, the squaddie chatter you'll hear shortly thereafter is Microsoft Sam.

Yes, really. The squaddie chatter is dynamically generated not by pre-recorded phrases, as would be logical, but by pre-recorded single words. It's unforgivably jarring, every damn word is spoken with clearly differing inflection, possibly even by different voice actors in some cases, and unless someone's made a MOD or there's been a patch to add the option, you can't even turn it off.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:20 pm

The first generation Sims. I have it, I still play it, but damn.

Also I'm terrified that Myst 5 is as gimmicky as my friends say it is. But I still want the damn thing.

*sobs* I still need to play 4 and 5 and write horrible fanfic about it all
Back to top Go down
AverageLurker

AverageLurker

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 3:20 am

Looking cool was how I got sucked into Mario Is Missing. I took one look at the box and saw that you got to play as Luigi for once. YAY!

I read the back of the box and saw that it was an edutainment game. I hesitated, but ultimately decided to try it anyway. I mean, The Oregon Trail and Carmen Sandiego were fun.

Of course, this game was nowhere NEAR as good as those games. It's not horrible, but pretty boring what with its lack of gameplay. :/:
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:23 am

Nthing Kingdom Hearts II. Having TRON does not eliminate the same-old same-old gameplay from the last KH.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:32 am

I'm only in the first day of open beta (2nd now), but I"m pretty sure you can add 'Champions Online' to this list. Maybe it'll get cooler the higher you go, but right now, it's just like WoW (except sucky) for superheroes.
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 4:27 pm

I think it's safe to say that any MMO is "Just like WoW except for [theme it's dressed up in.]" It's not like the genre itself is all that malleable.

The closest you'll probably get to something different is EVE, which is more like a Somalia Simulator.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 5:54 pm

Transformers the Game looked cool.

Then it turns out after a trial of the Demo, that it's kinda like a perpetual car chase game. And you can't drive over trees or stuff like that. And you're not supposed to break things unless you're a 'con.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Alana

Alana

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Which Transformers the Game? 'Cause the DS ones for the movie are pretty damn awesome, and the Armada one-- *glances at the mention of playing as 'Cons*-- well, you're not talking about that one, but it's a pretty good over-the-shoulder shooter. Pretty, too, even at its age.

The console ones for the movie sucked. This is because they are movie games.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:41 pm

Alhazred wrote:
I think it's safe to say that any MMO is "Just like WoW except for [theme it's dressed up in.]" It's not like the genre itself is all that malleable.

The closest you'll probably get to something different is EVE, which is more like a Somalia Simulator.

Not true! EVE is a good example of that, but also several other MMO's pre WoW which are different, mostly in different controls, how the powers are executed, and how missions/quests are gotten and completed. Anarchy Online, Dark Age of Camelot (at least before the PvP in WoW became RvR via the battlegrounds) and City of Heroes to name a few. Not to mention Ultima Online, the granddaddy of them all. And EArth & Beyond. And Battletech Online (before it got killed in beta at least. Damn it was fun).

There are some things you can't avoid: the kill X to get y quest, buttonmashing for attacks, and so on. But when I say CO is just like WoW except with superheroes... I mean that. Or at least they tried to make it as much like WoW as they could, including the big golden exclamation points over people's heads denoting they have a quest available. The power trees ARE different...because you can mix and match from everything. I think that's different from ANY other MMO, but crafting is similar, gameplay is similar, and the open world aspect for doing the missions (which is driving me nuts, and drove me nuts in WoW--I got spoiled in CoH) is definitely similar. Except, they made it crappier.

Each of those other games I listed above have something that really made it unique and stand out, even if some of the more "traditional" aspects were the same as they are in most MMO's. City of Heroes especially stands out--it's hard not to make a direct comparison--because of the instanced missions. God, how I LOVE instanced missions. Anarchy Online's crafting system I LOVED--it reminds me of SWG's crafting except much better, IMO--and the surroundings were huge and awesome. Dark Age of Camelot's realm versus realm was so much more fun that other PvP games I've played, and a level difference made a DIFFERENCE.

So far (and I readily admit, I'm only a few levels in so I'm sure I'm not seeing the really cool stuff yet), everything about CO screams WoW clone, with only slight variations.
Back to top Go down
Alana

Alana

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:40 pm

I never played much WoW, but I will agree that-- aside from a very, very general framework that's rather inevitable in ANY RPG-- CoH is nothing like it.

For one thing, it's ridiculously fun. 8D
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:11 pm

I know I'm probably going to get savagely beaten for this but...Viewtiful Joe 2. God, I thought it was going to be awesome. I ended up with nothing but pain...carpal tunnel pain. Shit didn't flow too well for me in that game.

Also, Spore. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it but like a normal EA games title they just had to royally fuck it up somehow. Not to mention it's utterly tedious once you get to the Civilization stage. Where the hell is my Aquatic stage?
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Spore. Great for content creation and not much else. Galactic adventures didnt keep me playing for as long as I hoped it would.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:19 pm

I'm remembering this game... from WAAAAAAAAAY back in the 1999-2001 ish time... uh... it was about a musical traveling musician group that had to run from the law... I think it was LawBreaker or something like that... ANYWAY I got like two hours into the game then I couldn't escape from this one level, every time I tried diffrent things nothing worked... anyway I finally gave it up and sold it to Blockbuster for a measly 20 dollars.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Reidmar wrote:
I'm remembering this game... from WAAAAAAAAAY back in the 1999-2001 ish time... uh... it was about a musical traveling musician group that had to run from the law... I think it was LawBreaker or something like that... ANYWAY I got like two hours into the game then I couldn't escape from this one level, every time I tried diffrent things nothing worked... anyway I finally gave it up and sold it to Blockbuster for a measly 20 dollars.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ironic after I said you were Unskilled78, you created a new account. Godspeed, make another. Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 896582
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Quote :
Perverted Demon and Reidmar are the same person

Geeeeet the fuck ouuuuuuuuuuuuuut you asssss cloooooooooooown

edit: ahahaha you use dial up
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:46 pm

The Force Unleashed. The solution to about 90% of the fights was "spam Force Lightning."
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:01 am

Quote :
Perverted Demon and Reidmar are the same person
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games that LOOKED cool   Games that LOOKED cool - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Games that LOOKED cool
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next