Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

5 family members slain in Logan County, IL

Go down 
+20
Delcat
grmblfjx
Lady Anne
Theaphelia
Penguin
Miss Prince
Narwhal
Mafiosa
VB
Hot Cancer
Cyberwulf
Sorsa A. Jänis
Chaltab
Mikey Go WOOGA
Lapin
KelinciHutan
Shisaiga
Verandering
T.S.Orr
Sparrow
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

5 family members slain in Logan County, IL Empty
PostSubject: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:03 pm

source

Quote :

Dillen Constant was popular with the girls as he rode his bike through town, a little mouthy but respectful. Older sister Justina Constant was quiet and enjoyed the Bible stories she heard from her new church friends.

Eleven-year-old Austin Gee was a homebody but liked attending services with his sister.

Now the three children who lived in this tiny community, where no one locks his door, have been brutally slain along with their parents in a ranch-style home at the edge of town.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Authorities said they responded to a call about possible shots being fired, but according to a follow up article, the family wasn't shot. They aren't revealing how they were killed, though.

Quote :

A 3-year-old girl survived the attack and was taken to a hospital in Peoria, he said. The girl's grandmother identified her as Tabitha Gee, daughter of the two adults found dead in the home, Raymond "Rick" Gee, 46, and 39-year-old Ruth Gee.

The second article says she's in stable condition, and there is family who can take care of her, but still.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:05 am

Why the hell don't people lock their doors?!

Edited to correct grammatical error.

Last edited by T.S.Orr on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:24 am

T.S.Orr wrote:
Why the hell don't people lock there doors?!

derp derp
Back to top Go down
Shisaiga
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Shisaiga

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:24 am

T.S.Orr wrote:
Why the hell don't native speakers know their own language?!
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:14 am

T.S.Orr wrote:
Why the hell don't people lock there doors?! (sic)
There actually are neighborhoods where the amount of crime and the frequency with which it occurs make locking doors relatively unnecessary. I prefer to have my doors locked, but my sister, who lives with me and is usually up later, doesn't. She tends to forget to lock them at night.

Nothing has ever happened.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:35 am

Yeah, even if their doors were locked, anyone who really wanted to get in could have. You'd be surprised at how little security a deadbolt actually gives you to a really determined person. Most thieves will indeed give up and move on to the next house, but someone who just wants to harm you particularly, like this case seems to be, can get in with just following directions off the Internet.

There's also the possibility that this was an inside job, in which case no amount of locks could have saved them.

I'm morbidly curious about how they were killed. If the police aren't releasing details just yet, isn't that normally a precedent for the murders being horrifcally creative?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:29 am

Shisaiga wrote:
T.S.Orr wrote:

It bugs the Germans, which is always funny. :eng101:
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:29 am

Hope they catch whoever did this. Senseless murders going unpunished usually results in other senseless murders.
Back to top Go down
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:38 am

On the topic of locking doors. Well we don't have ever our doors locked, not even when we aren't home. I'm not even sure we have keys for the locks anyway. Nobody has ever broken into our house or anything like that.

Now that I think about it, I could walk into our neighbours homes without any difficulties as well. I think it's about the reputation of the area where you live in. I don't know whether the area in question was considered safe, but it would explain a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:34 pm

Locking the door wouldn't have made any difference if this was a murder/suicide.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:35 pm

Sheriff's statement warning people to consider there's an "armed & dangerous" suspect about suggests that it wasn't.

Unless he's a rubbish Sheriff and was satisfied to panic the town to protect the families' reputation. I know they had to call the FBI in, so there's something odd going on. But I don't see how someone could kill their entire family and then manage to committ suicide in a manner that the fact it was a suicide didn't become apparent in the day that it took the Sheriff to announce the death.

Last edited by Hot Cancer on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Untidy sentence structure)
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 7:53 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Locking the door wouldn't have made any difference if this was a murder/suicide.

That's a good point.

It's also fairly easy to kick in a door if it has a wooden frame. I managed it on accident when I kicked the door when REALLY pissed off. The door itself will remain mostly unharmed, but the frame where the bolt is will shatter.

Metal frames with metal doors, for when you want to be able to keep a SEAL platoon out of your house.

Also, you could go through a window, though that might get you a bit cut up.
Back to top Go down
VB
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VB

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:05 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Metal frames with metal doors, for when you want to be able to keep a SEAL platoon out of your house.

Won't stop zombies, though. Ask Harry Dresden.
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:36 pm

Shisaiga wrote:
T.S.Orr wrote:

Oh hey I remember you. You're the fucktard that sent me a private message saying I spelled your wrong in the title of a thread I started. When in fact, I actually spelled it right. Go suck a dick.

To everyone else, I apologize for the spelling error. My bad. As for not locking their doors, I don't give a damn how secure you feel to me, it just feels wrong not to have my doors locked. While it may not do much for a determined intruder, it would give some warning unless you sleep like a rock.

Cyberwulf, good point.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:42 pm

Regardless of relevance, lock your damn doors, people.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:50 pm

Shisaiga wrote:
T.S.Orr wrote:

Seriously? Fuck you. Correcting someone else's grammar doesn't make you look smart or snarky. You just look like an unfunny, snivelling assclown. So how about you take that big red pen of yours and shove it up your urethra?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:00 pm

Narwhal wrote:
Shisaiga wrote:
T.S.Orr wrote:

Seriously? Fuck you. Correcting someone else's grammar doesn't make you look smart or snarky. You just look like an unfunny, snivelling assclown. So how about you take that big red pen of yours and shove it up your urethra?

I'd like to point out that one of the main goals of this site is to whine about tiny grammar imperfections. Razz
Back to top Go down
T.S.Orr
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
T.S.Orr

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:22 pm

Narwhal wrote:
Shisaiga wrote:
T.S.Orr wrote:

Narwhal you make me dance like a happy obese child! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Can I bear your spawn?

Edited to add: Mikey I don't mind being called on grammatical errors because that it is what this site is about, we bitch about bad fanfiction (grammar being included). But when you send me a pm being a complete ass like Shisaiga did you're on my shit list. Call me on it and I'll correct it not a hard concept to grasp.

Last edited by T.S.Orr on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:23 pm

You know it's bad when I agree with Sparkly Shoe Kitten!Guy over here.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:29 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Narwhal wrote:
Shisaiga wrote:
T.S.Orr wrote:

I'd like to point out that one of the main goals of this site is to whine about tiny grammar imperfections. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Really? Show me the last time somebody posted a fic in New Releases just because somebody fucked up using there/their? T. S. Orr's post wasn't rendered indecipherable by the mistake. The only person who would consider that snarkworthy is Quamp.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:26 am

Beason family members killed by blunt force trauma

Quote :

Authorities also revealed Thursday that Raymond "Rick" Gee, 46, his wife Ruth Gee, 39, and their children, Justina Constant, 16, Dillen Constant, 14, and Austin Gee, 11, all died of "blunt force trauma."

"I will not discuss or speculate what object or weapon may have been used to inflict the injuries," Nichols said, and he would not say whether investigators have identified any suspects.

A sixth member of the family who was at the home, 3-year-old Tabitha Gee, also suffered the same types of injuries. She remained in critical but stable condition at a Peoria hospital.

Quote :

Asked Thursday how one person might inflict deadly blunt force on five people, Nichols declined to comment.

The head of the Logan County Emergency Management Agency, Dan Fulscher, said Thursday that the 911 call was made by someone who entered the house and saw bloody bodies "and very quickly got out of there."

Maybe it's just me being cynical, but the call also could've been made by whoever did this.

Authorities have been asking folks to look out for a gray pickup for the last day or so, but aren't saying if they have suspects or any other details.

Quote :
"Right now we're searching for an object, not an individual," Geddert said.

When discussing the case with my dad, he wondered if we aren't going to learn at some point this was done by a former spouse/lover, since the family hadn't been in the area more than a couple of years. Myself, I want more information before I start thinking along those lines.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:29 am

I knew it would be an interesting technique. That's why they won't say exactly what it was. Its one of those, "Only the killer and us know." Also, it's probably pretty horrific.

Which makes me think this a grudge thing. Why spend that much time murdering strangers? That's what a gun is for.

Disguntled previously unknown child? Jealous ex? Obsessed stalker? Could be any of those options.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:12 am

Locking doors is common-damn-sense. No, it wouldn't prevent someone determined to brutally murder you out. But it forces them to get more inventive, and loud, when they want in.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 4:00 pm

T.S.Orr wrote:
Shisaiga wrote:
T.S.Orr wrote:

Oh hey I remember you. You're the fucktard that sent me a private message saying I spelled your wrong in the title of a thread I started. When in fact, I actually spelled it right. Go suck a dick.

To everyone else, I apologize for the spelling error. My bad.
How about you apologise for the ablism, misogyny and homophobia now?

Narwhal wrote:

And this is why half the people on this joke of a forum go around spelling things like "matress" and "Speilberg". Don't fucking steal my lines either, puke for brains.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:13 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
T.S.Orr wrote:
Shisaiga wrote:
T.S.Orr wrote:

To everyone else, I apologize for the spelling error. My bad.

How about you apologise for the ablism, misogyny and homophobia now?

How about you apologize for getting your butthurt in my internets, again?

And you spelled apologize wrong. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 family members slain in Logan County, IL   5 family members slain in Logan County, IL Empty

Back to top Go down

5 family members slain in Logan County, IL
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next