Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs

Go down 
+10
Nevvy
The Scientist
Chris91
TheHermit
Mikey Go WOOGA
GamemasterAnthony
ZoZo
Raine
Rabid Badger
Knorg
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs Empty
PostSubject: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:13 am

...not Aussies in the grips of a bitter Ashes thrashing either.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
After a burglary, which took place at a woman's home in Silver Spring Shores, Florida, thieves made off with electronics, jewelry and two urns - one filled with the cremated remains of the victim's father and two for her Great Danes.

"Now this is good Danish shit, I'll take the Pepsi challenge with that Amsterdam shit, any day of the fuckin' week."

Quote :
When the gang members discovered their mix-up they threw the remaining ashes into a lake in fear that their fingerprints were left on the urns.

That's right. Their first thought on finding urns was... this must be some coke! I can only assume this says something about good ol' Florida's cultural norms.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:11 am

I don't think it's a cultural norm in Florida. It's just plain old stupidity. Because I've seen cremains, and they bear no resemblance to cocaine or any other drug I can think of.

I wonder how much they snorted before they finally figured out why they weren't getting high?
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:06 am

...Were they on drugs to begin with in order to make that mistake? o_o
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:42 am

Was Keith Richards involved in any way?
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:13 am

ZoZo wrote:
Damn...NINJA'D! I was about to make a Keith Richards reference!

Something makes me think they were ALREADY high if they couldn't tell that urn had someone's ashes.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:27 am

Rabby wrote:
I don't think it's a cultural norm in Florida. It's just plain old stupidity.

>Implying stupidity isn't a cultural norm in Florida.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:09 am

Just pretend I posted that .gif I always post whenever some ridiculous news story comes from Florida.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:42 am

ZoZo wrote:

Not really, but nobody would have been particularly surprised if he were. Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs 611762
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:00 pm

This reminds me of Cartman, who drank up Kenny's ashes because he thought it was some sort of chocolate powder or other.

Man...fucked up and stupid. That makes for a very dangerous combination.
Back to top Go down
Nevvy
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:34 pm

Isn't this an urban legend that's been around for years and years? I think it's usually the ashes of a dog.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 pm

The Scientist wrote:
This reminds me of Cartman, who drank up Kenny's ashes because he thought it was some sort of chocolate powder or other.

Man...fucked up and stupid. That makes for a very dangerous combination.

So these guys are possessed by Great Danes?

Awesome. Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:17 pm

But there's one problem: Chef is dead. Who's going to transfer the Great Danes onto a pot roast? Huh? Not so awesome anymore, is it?

Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs 588739
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Nevvy wrote:
Isn't this an urban legend that's been around for years and years? I think it's usually the ashes of a dog.

Probably. But it's funny, so what the hell.
Edit - Smoking Gun's got some video which is even more funny in its own way.

Don't worry, I'm sure the thread'll soon quickly descend into the usual news forum rage posts when it turns out someone involved once said something left/right wing about some guy/gal's religion/athiesm.

Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Don't forget about abortion, gun control, or the global patriarchal conspiracy. Those three are our touchiest hair-triggers.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:47 pm

Isn't this on snopes?
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:55 pm

If this had happened a month from now on Ash Wednesday this would have been a whole lot funnier.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 11:27 am

Is it wrong that I find this kind of funny? In a very dark humour way....sad for the lady of course but the fact that the robbers assumed there would be drugs in an urn is kind of comical.

As far as the urban legend thing goes, you were right seems there’s a few versions of ‘criminals snort really bad drugs that are actually something else’ enjoy!

First up the myth of the robbers who snorted the ashes of a dead person(s) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the site says the story is unclassified meaning if it did happen there was no evidence, or something. Seems this was updated really recently because it mentions the article the OP posted. It’s really kind of interesting, feel free to read it.

This next one is very disturbing so be cautious luckily snoops say it’s false. Similar enough to the first one I thought I’d include it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] drug dealers allegedly use dead children to smuggle drugs.

So that’s all folks read and enjoy, or not.

Last edited by kelly on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to run spell cheack and to show and tell)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs   Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs Empty

Back to top Go down

Gang members snort ashes they mistook for drugs
Page 1 of 1