Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux

Go down 
+78
knightwithoutacause
Reidmar
WD40
VampireNaomi
fapfapfap
SlyChild
Ninja_Wolf
Drabbler
CaptainMcNeil
littledorrit
Owlish
Azzandra
tachikoma01
ZOOLANDER
PiFace314
Exodia's Right Leg
Sparrow
Lurv
Mr.Doobie
SirDixonDongs
TheHermit
Adagio
DarthDarthington
Rosalie
InkWeaver
Saleha
Shingzyl
Baron Chuddlington III
Sloth
Aggie
Malganis
Raziel the Wise
cristina_chavia
Little Egypt
T.S.Orr
Zeiss Manifold
bleachedblackcat
Kevin M
KGarrett
Verandering
I_Lam_Edhellen
rae
KJM
Alhazred
Chocho
Ceres
Jay/Cris
Lexin
Deutschtard
Mae Bedlam
Seule
Tungsten Monk
VB
Snoof
Cactus Wren
Lapin
Spotts1701
gaijinguy
LeeLee
Waffles
Toastuh
lemmingwriter
Chaltab
The Unoriginal
Dick Powers
Soylent Green
Lady Anne
grmblfjx
Root Admin
Narwhal
Mafiosa
Sorsa A. Jänis
Morinen
Penguin
Mikey Go WOOGA
ZoZo
007bistromath
Delcat
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:30 pm

is it some romanticised thing to be some sort of starving pariah at a university? Is trying to obtain food stamps that shameful? Fuck
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:35 pm

So, I'm taking a course in Art history, Culture After 1400's... I swear, there's this fucking idiot behind me who is like a parrot and asks every question that someone has JUST ASKED BEFORE HIM. I'm honestly considering dropping the class cause it's getting so fucking annoying to deal with. Oh that, and the class itself is utterly boring.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:50 pm

There's some students who aren't just too stupid for a class--they're too stupid to live. Case in point:

A boy at one of the high schools in the district found a live rattlesnake on the track. Using maximum brainpower, he decided that the best solution to a live rattlesnake on the track was to pick it up and scare people with it. The snake, being infinitely more intelligent than the boy, decided that it was Not Amused and bit him. The boy was transported to the hospital, where he was treated and recovered. The snake is still at large.

Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 12 846489
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:12 pm

Right, so I was a TA this quarter for my department, and while I had some stellar students this time around, I also had a few who really should not be in college. Really.

A few weeks ago (the second-to-last week of the course): I got pulled into a meeting with a student, the course's professor, and the kid's mom. Student hasn't been coming to section, has missed a TON of quizzes, and is tanking the exams. So now (again, this is week 9 of 10), we're going to figure out a way to help him pass. Why did you wait until week 9 to say "I need help because I'm too damn lazy to do my work"? To be fair, he has been busting his ass to get it all done, but come on, kid, this is not how this works.

Week 10: Student approaches me via email--"Hey, Lemming, so I've missed a lot of quizzes and haven't been coming to section, and I don't know if I'm going to pass. How can I pass this class?"

Wednesday of finals week: Student approaches me by email--"Hey, Lemming, I've missed most of your sections, and I don't know if I'm going to pass. How can I pass this class?"

Thursday of finals week: Student I haven't ever seen in section turns in a final exam. He has never come to class, never taken a quiz, and never took any of the other exams. But he turned in a final. I have no idea why you would spend the effort on a final if, walking into it, you had a zero. Sadly, this is not the first time this has happened to me...

But the prizewinner, ladies and gentlemen, is the young man who emailed me yesterday afternoon. Finals week ended on Friday. I turned my grades over to the professor Saturday morning. Grades are officially due tomorrow.

This student asked if it was too late to upload his paper that was due last Thursday--because apparently, it just hadn't uploaded. Never mind that I told them--repeatedly--to let me know right away if the upload system we use isn't working. He also asked if he could also submit his second midterm to me as well. He just plain forgot to submit it, that's all.

Yeah. Like I said, I have some fantastic students whose energy and drive really impressed me. And then I get this in the last few weeks. *headdesk*
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:14 pm

More news of the Stupid Art Student:

Last week: We were told every single day of class "BTW you have a test next week, very important don't miss it!"

Today: "Wait, when did we have a test? She never said that last week! What's it on?"

She also believed someone when they told her it was on Russian Art when the class is European Art.

At this point I think the whole class is ready to toss her out the window onto spikes. Because she will ask a question about a topic that out teacher had JUST ANSWERED. Then ask it again, but asking to explain anythign over three letters long. Then turn to those doomed souls next to her and ask them to repeat what the teacher said. She's not deaf, just either a shitty troll or stupid as fuck. And from what I've heard from the other studnets that've had other classes with her or even lived in the same damned dorm, it's the latter.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Quote :
More news of the Stupid Art Student:

Can you please stop being redundant?

Anyway, in my management class, we had a test on Monday. After the test, EVERYONE in the class was complaining about how hard it was. I thought I did pretty good on it.

>dat feel when smartest most confident most deluded student in class
>dat feel when postan off topic bollockery bragging about a test I haven't got back yet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:45 pm

But Mikey some of us can use complete sentences!

Not me of course. But some of the others can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12