Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux

Go down 
+78
knightwithoutacause
Reidmar
WD40
VampireNaomi
fapfapfap
SlyChild
Ninja_Wolf
Drabbler
CaptainMcNeil
littledorrit
Owlish
Azzandra
tachikoma01
ZOOLANDER
PiFace314
Exodia's Right Leg
Sparrow
Lurv
Mr.Doobie
SirDixonDongs
TheHermit
Adagio
DarthDarthington
Rosalie
InkWeaver
Saleha
Shingzyl
Baron Chuddlington III
Sloth
Aggie
Malganis
Raziel the Wise
cristina_chavia
Little Egypt
T.S.Orr
Zeiss Manifold
bleachedblackcat
Kevin M
KGarrett
Verandering
I_Lam_Edhellen
rae
KJM
Alhazred
Chocho
Ceres
Jay/Cris
Lexin
Deutschtard
Mae Bedlam
Seule
Tungsten Monk
VB
Snoof
Cactus Wren
Lapin
Spotts1701
gaijinguy
LeeLee
Waffles
Toastuh
lemmingwriter
Chaltab
The Unoriginal
Dick Powers
Soylent Green
Lady Anne
grmblfjx
Root Admin
Narwhal
Mafiosa
Sorsa A. Jänis
Morinen
Penguin
Mikey Go WOOGA
ZoZo
007bistromath
Delcat
82 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 3:52 am

Toastuh wrote:
Out-trolled, even if it was unintentional.
No, you weren't. Have you never paid attention to real-world fashion merchandising at all? She did the project correctly.

Waffles wrote:
Even in my 400-level classes, I am surprised at the smell of alcohol and sex that wafts into my office every morning.
That's because just about everyone who takes a Women's Studies class these days thinks being a drunken slut is a form of sex-positive third-wave feminism instead of just a normal thing to do.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:27 am

lemmingwriter wrote:
The question: Who was the first Protestant Reformer?

The answers we got:

• John the Baptist
  • St. Paul
  • Moses
  • Jesus Christ
Not so bad... considering I've heard Jehova's Witnesses mantain with a straight face that the first of them was Abel.Oh, and the other day on Yahoo! Answers one said that the Spanish conquistadores were Protestants.
Yes'm. Ferdinando de Aragona and Isabela de Castilla, King and Queene Moste Catholick, had no problem with having an entire army of erethics conquering lands in their name.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:57 am

Waffles wrote:
lemmingwriter wrote:

Lest anyone feel sorry for the poor froshies, remember that these kids were getting just the basics on the Big Five religions. No critical theory, no in-depth analysis, just facts. They also had the opportunity to take notes in class, download notes online, and use a study guide in preparing for each exam, not to mention studying their mistakes on the previous exams. And this prof has the most open email and office hours policies in the department.

Like I said: you have to work really freaking hard to do poorly in this class.

Those students are a huge pain to deal with, they should have been aborted because they perform worse than dyslexic monkeys on an LSD high. I am a firm believer that 70 percent of all people who take my intro to Women's Studies class are a bunch of retarded idiots like Mikey Go WOOGA who believe that everything I teach is a load of shit. I'm tired of stupid students- it's unfortunate that there are so few good students in my classes. Even in my 400-level classes, I am surprised at the smell of alcohol and sex that wafts into my office every morning.

1.) You couldn't know which ones to abort and which ones not to abort until after they're 20 years old, failing it up. By that time the term is no longer "Abortion" but "Justifiable Homicide."

2.) It's probably higher than %70. Razz

3.) It's college, the entire place smells like sex and alcohol.
Back to top Go down
Waffles
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:01 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Not the school of Nursing, nor the school of Engineering. Math majors smell like mothballs. Accounting majors smell just as bad as English majors by the way.
Back to top Go down
LeeLee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
LeeLee

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:55 am

This was way back when I was in seventh grade, but one girl asked:

"You know when the baby is born, and the doctor says 'It's a boy, or it's a girl!'? How do they know that?"

Everyone in the class just stared at her.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:03 pm

Well, having been a terrible student (usually in classes that I don't want to take, but have to because of GenEds) sometimes people are just being disruptive because they hate the material.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:54 pm

Waffles wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Not the school of Nursing, nor the school of Engineering. Math majors smell like mothballs. Accounting majors smell just as bad as English majors by the way.

I take offense at that. I smell worse than any stuck-up English fool you'll ever find. :redangry:
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 2:32 pm

I'm rather surprised at the hostility towards English majors on a site all about making fun of bad fanfiction.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 2:35 pm

Chaltab wrote:
I'm rather surprised at the hostility towards English majors on a site all about making fun of bad fanfiction.

If you mean Mikey, he's pretty much an asshole to anyone who isn't him...in case you haven't noticed. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 7:39 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Chaltab wrote:

If you mean Mikey, he's pretty much an asshole to anyone who isn't him...in case you haven't noticed. Razz

Hey hey hey hey.

Yeah, that's pretty much true. Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 309696 EXCEPT FOR MAFI. I love you
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:21 pm

Chaltab wrote:

Enjoy your useless degree/waiting tables for the rest of your life.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Chaltab wrote:

Enjoy your useless degree/waiting tables for the rest of your life.

THANK YOU!

Though I did know one really smart girl who was an English major who planned on using that to go into law school. I was baffled why such a nice girl would want to become Satan. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:31 pm

Because evil pays more than good.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:34 pm

AND NOW YOU REALIZE WHY I AM WHAT I AM!

Why be a liberal, hippy douche and feel all warm and fuzzy all of the time when you could be a heartless, conservative asshat and buy happiness?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:36 pm

I don't know. I'm a liberal, but I still believe money can buy happiness.
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 4:41 am

Congratulations, you're a politician.
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 5:05 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Lemmy wrote:
The question: Who was the first Protestant Reformer?

The answers we got:

* John the Baptist
* St. Paul
* Moses
* Jesus Christ

And then the next class was spent explaining that Catholicism and Judaism are not Protestant denominations.

Reminds me of a Usenetter who maintained in all seriousness that her preferred flavor of Xtianity was much much older than Catholicism. After all, she was a Baptist, so her denomination had been founded by John the Baptist!

(Bear in mind that when someone asked this woman why she, a theist, was posting to alt.atheism, she replied "I am not a theist or a deist, I am a Bible believing Christian!")
Back to top Go down
Snoof
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snoof

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 8:40 am

Waffles wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Not the school of Nursing, nor the school of Engineering.
Well, yeah. The school of Engineering just smells like alcohol.

There are no women, and engineers couldn't get laid anyway.

*plays pile on the stereotypes*
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:23 am

007bistromath wrote:
Congratulations, you're a politician.

No, I'm poor. Only well-off people who don't have to worry about rent and health insurance think money doesn't buy happiness.
Back to top Go down
VB
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VB

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:52 am

My Animal Welfare class this semester is shaping up to be massively entertaining. Basically we're given a topic and presented with literature from two opposing sides of the issue and asked to read the articles and write a reaction paper, and then next class we debate. Considering that this is a classroom full of pre-vet majors, and therefore animal lovers, and the topics are things like eating dog and cat meat, you can imagine how someone with a penchant for snark and egotistical drama might find enrollment in this class to be the metaphorical kid in a candy store.

There is one girl who I'm honestly surprised has managed to make it to her senior year in this major. How she passed some of her classes, I do not know, because she has the intelligence of a particularly slow amoeba. When we were discussing the example above, she raised her hand and went on a long rant about her experience working in a slaughterhouse, and how she was the only person there who cared about the animals because: "Like, I was like the only white person there. And, like, everyone else was Mexican."
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:57 am

Lapin wrote:
No, I'm poor. Only well-off people who don't have to worry about rent and health insurance think money doesn't buy happiness.
Nonsense. They just don't have enough. Those people who are "well off?" Fuck no, they'll never be happy. They're at the highest speed of the treadmill, it's impossible for them to be happier than any poor person. Their hopes and dreams have been entirely and irrevocably co-opted by a machine that takes their money and uses their influence to keep the poor from revolting. To buy happiness you need enough money to travel and give a whole shitload of it to your friends and lovers without going broke, and the good sense to do so. $10 million is the bare minimum for this.

Now, what kind of person do you know who has fat sacks of cash money, travels all the time, and engages in rampant, unapologetic nepotism?
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 12:22 pm

007bistromath wrote:
Now, what kind of person do you know who has fat sacks of cash money, travels all the time, and engages in rampant, unapologetic nepotism?

Obama.

(Sorry, 007, the setup was too good. :D)

In other news, I've thankfully been spared the student menace so far, seeing as how I'm not taking any philosophy classes this semester; those always tended to attract the nightmarish sorts. Memo to all general students, however: bathing. It is not an option. If you're going to be sitting in close confines with thirty other people for over an hour, please at least look into deodorant, okay?
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Tungsten Monk wrote:
Obama.

(Sorry, 007, the setup was too good. :D)
Sorry for what? He's a fascist just like the rest of them. :hmm:
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 4:54 pm

I remember my A-level art class... there was one girl who was... yeah. She was one of those 'repeat back what the teacher has just said, but incorrectly, repeat five or six times' types.
She also wanted to do photography. For her entire course. Even the exam. Just photography. Not different kinds of photography, mind, no using the darkroom or experimenting with lighting and filters, just straight digital photography. And she was the kind of photographer whose idea of art was pictures of herself and friends + high contrast + lense flair.

Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 724940

Needless to say, she did not get a very good mark. Although it was a lot better than I would have liked.
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 4:58 pm

Seule wrote:
pictures of herself and friends + high contrast + lense flair.
She has an illustrious career in graphic design ahead of her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux   Why, God, Why are you taking this class?  Bad Students Redux - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why, God, Why are you taking this class? Bad Students Redux
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next