Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some kind of thing from my original idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

Some kind of thing from my original idea Empty
PostSubject: Some kind of thing from my original idea   Some kind of thing from my original idea EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:13 am

This is the thing I've had writer's block over for a long time now, and vaguely described in the original ideas thread. I dunno if it makes any sense, it's just a short snippet about the main character I intend to use. Anyway... yeah.

Lucy Gloom
Quote :
The towers of Grace were blindingly bright to her eyes. The afternoon sun shining through the walls cast fragments of colour across the landscape and city. A bell rang deep and clear. It wasn’t long until they left that, however. As they neared the towers standing far above them, the high wall surrounding the castle left everything in shadow – this was the Night’s Halo – the designated area for all dark composers living in the city. An area where the walls protecting the light-filled castle ended up creating a terrible shadow that blocked out half the day.
“I’m going to be a dark composer, but why do we have to live in the dark?” Lucy stared curiously up at her mother, tugging on her warm hand for attention.
“The world isn’t so kind,” Her mother sighed, wearily and bitter, although Lucy didn’t quite understand those feelings yet. “The Orchestra is absolute, and the voice of the people is drowned out.”
“But… what about Aether?” The girl could only enjoy the light of the fading sky overhead now. Everything else around was blackened stone and wood, with fires burning in the lamps at every house front. They were nothing like the shining beacons that lit the streets outside their area. “Aether is supposed to bring happiness to everyone.”
Her mother squeezed her hand tightly. “I’m happy enough, Lucy. Aether brought me you after all.” But she didn’t smile. She said a lot of things with that blank face.
“One day, I want Aether to bring us a big house in the light. She can do that, right, Mama?” She looked over her shoulder, back at the sun-filled area outside the halo. She wanted to go back there.
“What Aether wants us to do is find our own happiness. You’re a crescendo in this world, Lucy, growing louder than everyone else if you try hard enough. Find your own happiness, and that will make Aether smile.”
“Then I’ll find you a big house in the light.” Lucy paused, dropping her mother’s grip and running back towards the sun. “I’ll find it for you right now!” Her mother yelled out after her, but she couldn’t catch her. She was always too tired to run. Lucy ran for the sun, thinking that if she stepped out into it, she’d find that house and be able to make her mother smile. Fire-filled lamps and blackened buildings rushed by, the dazzling light growing closer and closer until she stepped over the shadowy line – and ran into something – somebody.
“Who ran into me? You! What’s your name?”
She blinked up at the boy with bright green eyes and a stern look on his face. He patted his clothes down, white cloth and gold trim much different from the drab clothes she wore. “Lucy Gloom,” she responded. She was curious of this boy with his nice clothing and the way it looked like he belonged in the light.
Gloom?” He huffed angrily. It seemed like he was about to stomp his feet around and throw a tantrum. “A dark composer brat ran into me! Gross!”
“Gross? I’m… I’m not gross! Say sorry!” Lucy balled her small hands into fists. Her curiosity was gone by now, taken over by annoyance.
The feeling seemed shared as he stormed closer to her, until his face was close enough she could stare deeply into his eyes. “I’m a light composer! I don’t say sorry! You’re the one who’s sorry!”
She saw his hand raise up, heard her mother’s calls far behind in the darkness. But her mother was too late. By then Lucy was holding her hand to the left side of her face, seeing nothing but the darkness on that side.
“My father does that all the time to stupid people like you. He calls it punishment for not knowing your place.” The boy wiped his hand on his coat, a glow of some kind melting into his palm.
Tears – she felt them hot and fast running down her face. “Give… give it back,” she demanded. She wasn’t stupid. Why was she being punished? Her mother gripped her tightly, saying nothing and almost ignoring the boy before them. Why wasn’t Mama doing something – had she really done something wrong?
The boy made a face at her and ran for it. “No way, I’m keeping your eye forever! You’re not getting it back, ever!” he yelled back at her, vanishing off into the afternoon light.
Lucy was dragged back into the darkness.

:panic:
Back to top Go down
Waffles
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Some kind of thing from my original idea   Some kind of thing from my original idea EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:59 am

You are a womyn- empower yourself and stay away from such terrible euphemisms that serve only to undermine your intelligence with talk of phallic imagery such as "towers". Pshaw.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Some kind of thing from my original idea   Some kind of thing from my original idea EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:09 am

You need professional help. Sometimes a tower is just a tower.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some kind of thing from my original idea   Some kind of thing from my original idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Some kind of thing from my original idea
Page 1 of 1