Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fan-rage in 3...2...1...

Go down 
+14
Mr.Doobie
Cunovendus
TheIan
Reepicheep-chan
GamemasterAnthony
Summercorn
Disco Stu
Aggie
Lady Anne
Mikey Go WOOGA
Knorg
Happyhooligan2001
Eeveegou
Dixie
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

Fan-rage in 3...2...1... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan-rage in 3...2...1...   Fan-rage in 3...2...1... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 7:54 am

Actually I think she's got it wrong - that is, she had it right first time. Ron and Hermione works better than Harry and Hermione. As the booksmart and the chess master, they're much more compatible than the booksmart and the sports diva. Why do the male lead and the female lead always have to hook up regardless of compatibility?

I don't understand the need for hate mail either. So what if a book doesn't happen the way you wanted it to? I wonder if J.R.R. Tolkien received hate mail for not shipping Aragorn and Eowyn together...

Besides, if you know how a book is supposed to end, where's the surprise if it ends exactly like you thought it should? Razz
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Fan-rage in 3...2...1...   Fan-rage in 3...2...1... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 5:59 pm

Dammit JK Rowling! You have to encourage the Harmoniums. As if they're not obnoxious enough to be around.

Personally, I liked Ron/Hermione. I thought they worked well with each other. Me, my pet ship was Harry/Luna but I was one of those weirdoes who was more interested in how Harry was going to defeat Voldemort than who was shagging who so what do I know.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Fan-rage in 3...2...1...   Fan-rage in 3...2...1... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 7:21 am

Mouse wrote:
Dammit JK Rowling! You have to encourage the Harmoniums. As if they're not obnoxious enough to be around.

Personally, I liked Ron/Hermione. I thought they worked well with each other. Me, my pet ship was Harry/Luna but I was one of those weirdoes who was more interested in how Harry was going to defeat Voldemort than who was shagging who so what do I know.  Rolling Eyes 
Kind of with you on that. Harry's goal was to save the world, not get tail. It's like the fans have completely forgotten this when they were reading the books. I'm totally cool with Harry and GInny being married an having kids at the end, all the power to them! Same with Ron and Hermione. Rowling now seems like she's trying to appease to the crowd who read the book for the wrong reasons and that everything else is wrong and the hatch in the middle of Hogwarts has a deeper meaning and the ghosts are really the smoke monster and what-the-fuck-ever.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Fan-rage in 3...2...1...   Fan-rage in 3...2...1... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Summercorn wrote:
I don't know why Rowling has done this.  Maybe to ease up on the amount of hate mail, or something.  Personally, I don't see why Hermione had to team up with one of her schoolfriends.  The idea that the woman has to end up as the prize of a guy is so boring.

Oh, and, er... Katie Price.

Why you gotta insult Ron?  Maybe he was the prize, you sexist bitch.

Richard Simmons.

Edit: Urg, that was supposed to be Richard Sherman, but I'm hungover.

Uh, you know, it works either way.

Shut up and take your teabagging.

Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Fan-rage in 3...2...1...   Fan-rage in 3...2...1... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 2:49 pm

I hate Harry Potter but I agree, sometimes the original Canon gets it wrong. Things happen that, it turns out later, would have been better another way.

It happens all the time in my fanfiction.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Fan-rage in 3...2...1...   Fan-rage in 3...2...1... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 3:48 pm

TheIan wrote:
Rowling now seems like she's trying to appease to the crowd who read the book for the wrong reasons and that everything else is wrong and the hatch in the middle of Hogwarts has a deeper meaning and the ghosts are really the smoke monster and what-the-fuck-ever.
or you know they're her characters and she actually knows them better than some manchild on the internet and in hindsight she doesn't think Ron and Hermione would work out in the long run and maybe she did decide not to pair up her hero and heroine for reasons that had nothing to do with the characters

maybe she just didn't do it because it seemed too obvious/clichéd or some other reason

just a thought
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: Fan-rage in 3...2...1...   Fan-rage in 3...2...1... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 1:48 pm

I thought it was because Harry wanted to be family with Ron or something so he was like "Hey Ginny will u be my love" and she had a crush on him so naturally yes

like I saw Harry/Hermione more but I think that would have been too expected???
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Fan-rage in 3...2...1...   Fan-rage in 3...2...1... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
or you know they're her characters and she actually knows them better than some manchild on the internet and in hindsight she doesn't think Ron and Hermione would work out in the long run and maybe she did decide not to pair up her hero and heroine for reasons that had nothing to do with the characters

maybe she just didn't do it because it seemed too obvious/clichéd or some other reason

just a thought
No argument there. Her universe, she can do with them as she chooses.

Now, if she wants to make it all official and stuff, she could rewrite Deathly Hallows with the intended result, Harry hooks up with Hermione, and Snape shooting first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan-rage in 3...2...1...   Fan-rage in 3...2...1... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fan-rage in 3...2...1...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2