Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iowa cop kills 19-year-old because...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

Iowa cop kills 19-year-old because... Empty
PostSubject: Iowa cop kills 19-year-old because...   Iowa cop kills 19-year-old because... EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 8:52 am

Lesson learned: smoking kills
Quote :
James Comstock refused to buy a pack of cigarettes for his 19-year-old son, Tyler, and now he’s planning his son’s funeral.

“He took off with my truck. I call the police, and they kill him,” James Comstock told The Des Moines Register on Tuesday. “It was over a damn pack of cigarettes. I wouldn’t buy him none.

“And I lose my son for that.”
Well, shit. How did this happen?
Quote :
Police began pursuing Tyler Comstock of Boone after his father reported the truck stolen.
Oh. A dangerous high speed chase of the "easily identifiable green-and-white lawn care truck" ensues...
Quote :
During the chase, an unidentified Ames police staffer twice suggested that police back off their pursuit, according to dispatch audio obtained by the Register through a third-party service.
Quote :
Ames Police Officer Adam McPherson pursued Comstock into the heart of ISU’s campus. During the chase, Comstock rammed McPherson’s car. The truck eventually stopped, but Comstock revved the engine and refused orders to turn it off.

McPherson fired six shots into the truck. Comstock died from two gunshot wounds, according to the Iowa state medical examiner’s office.
This reminds me of one of those stories the freshman philosophy professor would give us so that we'll spend the rest of the hour arguing over who was the most to blame for some tragedy and why.
Iowa cop kills 19-year-old because... 724940
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

PostSubject: Re: Iowa cop kills 19-year-old because...   Iowa cop kills 19-year-old because... EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 10:03 am

I'd agree with the last part if one of the two parties hadn't shot the hell out of the other
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Iowa cop kills 19-year-old because...   Iowa cop kills 19-year-old because... EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:46 am

Hawaiian Shirt wrote:
I'd agree with the last part if one of the two parties hadn't shot the hell out of the other
None of which would have happened had the idiot father not called the police on his son instead of solving the problem himself.

It also wouldn't have happened at the fucking idiot not ran from the police after stealing a truck. Obviously the string of police decisions leading the shooting could have been made better to prevent it (don't get out of your fucking squad car when the suspect's only weapon is a truck), but they shouldn't have ever had the opportunity to fuck up those decisions.

Also, I can't help but think nothing of value was lost. A 19 year old smoker who couldn't find five bucks for some smokes and will steal a truck over this is dead. It really seems like we got to remove a liability from the balance sheet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iowa cop kills 19-year-old because...   Iowa cop kills 19-year-old because... Empty

Back to top Go down

Iowa cop kills 19-year-old because...
Page 1 of 1