Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death

Go down 
+3
unskilled78
Mikey Go WOOGA
Spotts1701
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death Empty
PostSubject: 98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death   98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Argument over table said to be cause.

Quote :
A Massachusetts grand jury has indicted a 98-year-old woman, accused of strangling her 100-year-old nursing home roommate, on a second-degree murder charge.

Prosecutors say Laura Lundquist killed centenarian Elizabeth Barrow, a resident of Brandon Woods Nursing Home in Dartmouth, after the two women had an argument over a table Lundquist had placed at the foot of Barrow's bed.

...I didn't realize that this was such serious business.

Quote :
Barrow complained that the table obstructed her path to the bathroom, authorities said. When a nurse's aide moved it, Lundquist punched the aide and grumbled that her roommate "might as well have the whole room," prosecutors said.

District Attorney C. Samuel Sutter said Barrow repeatedly complained that Lundquist was making her life "a living hell" in the weeks leading up to the woman's death, and that Lundquist remarked that she would outlive her roommate.

Well not to take air out of the prosecution's case but considering the victim was at the century mark and the defendant wasn't, I think it's a fairly safe bet that the younger one would live longer just by the numbers.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: 98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death   98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 11:16 pm

God damn old people, their minds probably just failed them entirely. Especially Linda Lundsomethingorother. I can't be bothered to scroll up and read her name again, so I'm just going to write this long ass sentence explaining myself.

Very good then. Colbert

Anyway, I say we give her the needle before she has the chance to drop dead. HURRY UP, WE MAY ONLY HAVE A FEW HOURS!!! :panic:
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: 98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death   98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 7:24 am

Good to know that previous generations are not immune from the stupidity and selfishness that seems to plague ours.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: 98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death   98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:28 am

unskilled78 wrote:
Good to know that previous generations are not immune from the stupidity and selfishness that seems to plague ours.

Look at the excesses of the so-called Greatest Generation.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: 98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death   98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 12:56 pm

I'm not sure who to side with. If the 98 year old strangled her roomie, then it surely was murder. But if the roomie repeatedly complained about how difficult it was for them to get along, why weren't they moved into different rooms or something?
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: 98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death   98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
I'm not sure who to side with. If the 98 year old strangled her roomie, then it surely was murder. But if the roomie repeatedly complained about how difficult it was for them to get along, why weren't they moved into different rooms or something?

Harley, if you'd read the article (that's why I put the link in) it stated that the nursing home had offered to switch them to separate rooms twice and they refused. Apparently despite the dispute about the table they were really close.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: 98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death   98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 2:02 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Harley, if you'd read the article (that's why I put the link in) it stated that the nursing home had offered to switch them to separate rooms twice and they refused. Apparently despite the dispute about the table they were really close.
Also, it doesn't matter how frustrated you get with someone else. Unless they are threatening your life or someone else's, "They piss me off!" does not ever justify murder.

Seriously, why do you need that explained?
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: 98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death   98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 2:07 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:
Unless they are threatening your life or someone else's, "They piss me off!" does not ever justify murder.

Seriously, why do you need that explained?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death   98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death Empty

Back to top Go down

98-year-old woman indicted for 100-year-old roommate's death
Page 1 of 1