Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful

Go down 
+8
Somath Cegem
ZOOLANDER
TheHedonist
Cyberwulf
Reidmar
WD40
bleachedblackcat
Chris91
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful Empty
PostSubject: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:49 am

Just when you think Reverend Pat Robertson has reached the absolute stratosphere of crazy, he decides to put on a spacesuit and soar to even greater heights of derangement....

The Daily Mail wrote:

Televangelist Pat Robertson has been dishing out his own unique brand of marriage guidance advice again, this time telling the wife of a cheating husband to get over her man’s infidelity and start doing more to ensure he doesn’t have reason to wander.

‘Stop talking about the cheating!’ he told the woman during Wednesday's episode of his daily television program, ‘The 700 Club.’

The infamous evangelist was responding to a letter he had received from a woman called Ivy, who had admitted to struggling with forgiveness.

‘We have gone to counseling, but I just can't seem to forgive, nor can I trust. How do you let go of the anger? How do you trust again?’ she wrote.

Robertson, known for his forthright views on a wide range of topics including homosexuality and politics, didn’t beat around the bush with his answer.

‘Here's the secret,’ he said. ‘Stop talking the cheating. He cheated on you, well, he's a man.’

Instead of focusing on the misdemeanor, Robertson told the woman to remind herself why she married her spouse and then fall in love with him all over again.

‘Does he provide a home for you to live in,’ he said. 'Does he provide food for you to eat? Does he provide clothes for you to wear? Is he nice to the children... Is he handsome?

Sounds to me like Pat's been imbibing a bit too much of the communion wine, if you get my drift. God himself must be doing some serious facepalming right about now.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyThu May 16, 2013 11:04 am

Quote :

‘Does he provide a home for you to live in,’ he said. 'Does he provide food for you to eat? Does he provide clothes for you to wear? Is he nice to the children... Is he handsome?

Yes, no, no, no, I guess?

Well that's one and a half out of five, means I should kick his cheating ass out the door right?
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:56 pm

I'll just leave this here.

Quote :
For example, today on the 700 Club’s “Bring It On” segment where viewers ask Robertson questions, one man wondered how he should go about repairing his marriage with a wife who “insults” him and once tried to attack him.

Quote :
“Well, you could become a Muslim and you could beat her,” Robertson responded. “This man’s got to stand up to her and he can’t let her get away with this stuff,” Robertson continued, “I don’t think we condone wife-beating these days but something has got to be done.”

I like watching Pat's videos, because every now and again you catch a glimpse of confusion as he realises that it isn't 1952 before his mental defenses kick in and he returns to his fantasy world. Those tiny moments when you see Pat as he really is, as a confused, unloved scumbag desperate for attention and terrified of the real world he occasionally has to acknowledge, make it worth it.

Sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:01 pm

WD40 wrote:

I like watching Pat's videos, because every now and again you catch a glimpse of confusion as he realises that it isn't 1952 before his mental defenses kick in and he returns to his fantasy world. Sometimes.
I think the most hilarious look is the part where is eyes widen very briefly and he's completely confused. I just can't stop laughing when it happens.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:14 pm

wtf happened to "thou shalt not commit adultery"
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:

I think Pat skipped that particular page of the Bible. Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful 611762
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyFri May 17, 2013 12:56 am

Cyberwulf wrote:

Wulf you just haven't read the Bible. The passage is "Thou shalt not commit adultery if thou art a woman. If thou art a man then it is your right."
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:58 am

bleachedblackcat wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Wulf you just haven't read the Bible. The passage is "failure of a quote"
If you're generalizing this due to some hidden hatred of men, no, just no. Last time I checked, the bible says nothing about endorsing adultery. But then again, I haven't read it since I graduated from middle school and gained something known as Common Sense.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyFri May 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Reidmar wrote:
bleachedblackcat wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Wulf you just haven't read the Bible. The passage is "failure of a quote"
If you're generalizing this due to some hidden hatred of men, no, just no. Last time I checked, the bible says nothing about endorsing adultery. But then again, I haven't read it since I graduated from middle school and gained something known as Common Sense.
you're kidding, right

you're not actually jumping on someone's back for answering a rhetorical question sarcastically

I can't tell if you're up in arms because that's kind of your thing or if you honestly have no idea what's going on.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyFri May 17, 2013 1:50 pm

If Reid and Wulf have one thing in common, it's that they'll happily lose their shit and start screaming about anything and then make it look like it's somehow all your fault when you call them on their shit. The best course of action is to keep them from building up too much steam.

Anyway, the thing about people like Pat Robertson is that they don't actually know the Bible because 1) it's too confusing for them and 2) they don't really want to live by the Bible because that would mean giving up all their nice things and being faithful to their spouses and being nice to people who are different.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:05 pm

xerrofoot wrote:
If Reid and Wulf have one thing in common
why are you even comparing us

Quote :
it's that they'll happily lose their shit and start screaming about anything
Spoken like a true champion of rational discourse.

Quote :
and then make it look like it's somehow all your fault when you call them on their shit.
I love how you say this. "Make it look like it's all your fault". Not "accuse you of being at fault". It's like you're acknowledging we (although again, since when are Reid and I a duo or even alike) successfully make you look like a callous, hysterical dipshit with our magical screaming powers. ALL GLORY TO THE REIDNOWULF
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:12 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
honestly have no idea what's going on.

I honestly have no idea what's going on Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful 588739

@ Xerro: Colbert -cue the sound of someone wheezing from laughing so hard they couldn't breathe- I and wulf alike? What? Since when did this happen?

@cyber: My question is how he even started comparing us. we're nothing alike in how we think or type, I guess he hates anyone who calls him out on how much of a shitty poster he is and starts trying to slap poster pairings together... although that does give me a thought, I'm not sure I want in my head
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Reidmar wrote:
[@cyber: My question is how he even started comparing us. we're nothing alike in how we think or type, I guess he hates anyone who calls him out on how much of a shitty poster he is and starts trying to slap poster pairings together... although that does give me a thought, I'm not sure I want in my head

You would think that by this point Xerro wouldn't see individual posters any more, just one giant angry entity that exists to do nothing but hate him and confuse his ire by wearing different faces that after much deliberation just calls itself Knorg to save time and argument.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:30 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:

You would think that by this point Xerro wouldn't see individual posters any more, just one giant angry entity that exists to do nothing but hate him and confuse his ire by wearing different faces that after much deliberation just calls itself Knorg to save time and argument.

That's actually quite a good point, considering that so many people around here have been accused of being Knorg from time to time. I should just call everyone who insults me the Bnorg. Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful 723337
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyFri May 17, 2013 8:30 pm

[quote="XerroSelfAwareness (Yes I know it's awkward as fuck to say but it's accurate)"[/quote]If Reid and Wulf have one thing in common, it's that they'll happily lose their shit and start screaming about anything and then make it look like it's somehow all your fault when you call them on their shit.[/quote]

Like that time that we gave you shit for obsessing over a cartoon for little girls and you ran crying to the admin. Or that time we gave you shit for what you thought were rape jokes but were really you just yelling rape in ALL CAPS and you ran crying to the admin. Or that time we gave you shit for being a fat burden to society and you ran crying to the admin. Or that time we gave you shit for running and crying to the admin, and you threatened to run crying to the admin again.

Xerrofoot wrote:
Anyway, the thing about people like Pat Robertson is that they don't actually know the Bible because 1) it's too confusing for them and 2) they don't really want to live by the Bible because that would mean giving up all their nice things and being faithful to their spouses and being nice to people who are different.

I, sort of, agree. I can't imagine the man who tore apart a money changing station in front of a temple because he was a filthy hippy Communist would appreciate Pat Roberston and the pastors of such Super Churches being all rich as shit and wearing sharp suits by preaching his preachings.

I mean, yes, I'm a hygienic anti-hippy Capitalist and therefore applaud Mr. Robertson's exploitation of self-righteous morons, but the implication that this is what Jesus wanted insults my intelligence and the intelligence of all of the Capitalists that oppress you poorfolk.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptySat May 18, 2013 12:32 am

Or that time we attempted to engage in rational discourse and you flung your hands up in the air, said you were never playing at our house again, grabbed your marbles and probably went home to cry to the admins again?
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptySat May 18, 2013 3:25 am

BOTH OF YOU STOP IT OR I'LL RUN CRYING TO THE ADMINS AGAIN
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptySat May 18, 2013 11:57 am

Or that time we pointed out you have no sense of irony and are a gigantic hypocrite and you threatened to go crying to the admins.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptySat May 18, 2013 12:44 pm

Reidmar wrote:
bleachedblackcat wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Wulf you just haven't read the Bible. The passage is "Thou shalt not commit adultery if thou art a woman. If thou art a man then it is your right."

Dude. Sarcasm. Look into it.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptySat May 18, 2013 1:10 pm

xerrofoot wrote:

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Or that time we pointed out you have no sense of irony and are a gigantic hypocrite and you threatened to go crying to the admins.

I'm pretty sure he was making a funny there, dipshit. Which is the appropriate response in this situation.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Your logic is flawed because you're assuming xerro has a sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
xerrofoot wrote:

Mr.Doobie wrote:

I'm pretty sure he was making a funny there, dipshit. Which is the appropriate response in this situation.
yah except he fails at it forever because he did go crying to the admins in earnest, like, extremely recently

and then continued to kick up because ppl still needled him even after he tattled

so

too soon, if nothing else
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:22 pm

Chris91 wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

I think Pat skipped that particular page of the Bible. Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful 611762

Given that he is, himself, an adulterer? Yeeeeah. That's one of the parts he ignores because it isn't convenient for him. :-/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful   Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful Empty

Back to top Go down

Pat Robertson tells wife of cheating husband to be grateful
Page 1 of 1