Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fox News tells porky pies

Go down 
+7
Trioculus
Penguin
lemmingwriter
Rabid Badger
Raine
Lexin
ZoZo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Fox News tells porky pies Empty
PostSubject: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:34 am

It may come as no surprise to you that Fox News tell lies. So why not have a dedicated thread for all the guff they've been putting out?

This caught my attention because I attended the march that they show footage from. Fox news claims it was
Quote :
“…a new rebellion against big Government and high taxes is resonating in Ye Olde England…”

That was definitely not what was going on there. Actually, we were marching against having to pay £9k per year to go to university.

Nice one, Fox. That can't possibly be anything but a big fuckoff fib.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:35 am

ZoZo wrote:
That can't possibly be anything but a big fuckoff fib.
They couldn't have been wronger if they'd tried. Oh, wait...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 2:45 pm

How the hell could they get something like that wrong? Besides, students rioting is a LOT more interesting. They could have even talked about all the teenage girls going there just to get photos for their facebook pages.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Raine wrote:
How the hell could they get something like that wrong? Besides, students rioting is a LOT more interesting. They could have even talked about all the teenage girls going there just to get photos for their facebook pages.
That would suggest that the UK's right wing government was anything but enormously popular. Our Murdoch media love them.

It's so wrong that it can't be by mistake.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:46 pm

Oh, it's not a mistake. It's why the boys and I refer to them as 'Faux News.' They were the one's who stirred up the shitstorm about President Obama and his wife Michelle 'bumping fists' after he won as being some sort of terrorist signal that the Jihad was about to begin. A good part of the blame for how the mid-terms turned out was due to their support of The Tea Party and a variety of dubious candidates, several of whom are currently being investigated for taking money from large corporations in return for promising them special treatment once they were elected.

What it basically boils down to is:

Republicans=All that is good and right in the world
Democrats=Closet communists who are looking to turn America into a totalitarian state

We keep trying to send Rupert back to Australia, but they don't want him any more than we do.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:01 am

ZoZo wrote:
That was definitely not what was going on there. Actually, we were marching against having to pay £9k per year to go to university.

It surprises me that they're not jumping on the students protesting thing; media here in California usually jump on our protests and spin it that we're all spoiled brats who don't want to have to pay for our education (they inevitably find and interview the biggest, most inarticulate idiot in every crowd, I swear...). No, it must be that, because it couldn't be that cost per year here has jumped roughly 200% for the CSU system in just under a decade and the students are struggling with the increases.

Out of curiosity, how much per year do you currently pay? £9k is roughly comparable to tuition for UC students right now, maybe a little higher (until the fee hikes go into effect in the near-ish future).
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:27 am

Blogs count as news now?
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:34 am

lemmingwriter wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

It surprises me that they're not jumping on the students protesting thing; media here in California usually jump on our protests and spin it that we're all spoiled brats who don't want to have to pay for our education (they inevitably find and interview the biggest, most inarticulate idiot in every crowd, I swear...). No, it must be that, because it couldn't be that cost per year here has jumped roughly 200% for the CSU system in just under a decade and the students are struggling with the increases.

Out of curiosity, how much per year do you currently pay? £9k is roughly comparable to tuition for UC students right now, maybe a little higher (until the fee hikes go into effect in the near-ish future).
At the moment it's capped at £3k, and in Scotland it's completely free.

Our news has been relishing in portraying the students as spoiled brats and thugs because a few windows got broken and there's been a bit of graffiti on the protests.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:16 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Democrats=Closet communists who are looking to turn America into a totalitarian state.

And how, inevitably, whenever a politician gets caught diddling pages or convicted of money laundering, Fox "accidentally" identifies him as a Democrat. ie "accidental" citations of Mark Foley (D-FL) or Tom DeLay (D-TX)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a great resource for keeping track of FoxPAC's lies, smears, and distortions.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:15 pm

Trioculus wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
Democrats=Closet communists who are looking to turn America into a totalitarian state.

And how, inevitably, whenever a politician gets caught diddling pages or convicted of money laundering, Fox "accidentally" identifies him as a Democrat. ie "accidental" citations of Mark Foley (D-FL) or Tom DeLay (D-TX)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a great resource for keeping track of FoxPAC's lies, smears, and distortions.

Thanks for the link. Morgan and I spent a fair amount of time snickering over Bill O'Reilly wanting to know why atheists hate the Baby Jesus. Morgan remarked it must be hard to hate something you don't believe existed in the first place.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:40 pm

ZoZo wrote:
lemmingwriter wrote:
At the moment it's capped at £3k, and in Scotland it's completely free.

Our news has been relishing in portraying the students as spoiled brats and thugs because a few windows got broken and there's been a bit of graffiti on the protests.

Ouch. That's a hell of a jump. I thought universities in the UK were more subsidized than that.

Yeah, they like doing that in the news. The students sat in at the CSU Trustees' offices, and it was "OMG! Those poor trustees scared by those horrible students!" Hell, our own newspaper's report on the sit at our library in painted the students as thugs and unreasonable lunatics... until their actions got the library hours restored. Suddenly, the students were heroes that the reporters always believed in.
Back to top Go down
StillScreaming

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:23 am

Oh the protests are great fun.

Wandering around, running away from the police and shouting abuse at the Tories and Nick Clegg.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 7:42 am

StillScreaming wrote:
Oh the protests are great fun.

Wandering around, running away from the police and shouting abuse at the Tories and Nick Clegg.
Hello, comrade!

*solidarity fistbump*
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 4:29 pm

Not really a lie, but Fox News seem to have forgotten the term "Holocaust survivor" and so they went with this instead.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 4:42 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Not really a lie, but Fox News seem to have forgotten the term "Holocaust survivor" and so they went with this instead.

Spoiler:
Every time I think I've heard it all...

Fox News tells porky pies 846489
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 5:08 pm

ZoZo wrote:

Spoiler:

I'm so effing LIVID right now I can't even describe how much this hurts. THIS WASN'T SOME FUCKED UP GAME, FOX NEWS FUCKERS. NOBODY WON. EVERYONE LOST. My grandparents don't consider themselves winners of anything, you SICK FUCKS. FUCK YOU SO MUCH.

Just... ARGH, ARGH, ARGHHHHHH.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Snake Bandage wrote:
I'm so effing LIVID right now I can't even describe how much this hurts. THIS WASN'T SOME FUCKED UP GAME, FOX NEWS FUCKERS. NOBODY WON. EVERYONE LOST. My grandparents don't consider themselves winners of anything, you SICK FUCKS. FUCK YOU SO MUCH.

Just... ARGH, ARGH, ARGHHHHHH.

They have no shame. I think they surgically remove it from all their interns and during new employee orientation.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 5:28 pm

ZoZo wrote:

Spoiler:

...whaaaaaat.

You know, even if you count "surviving" as "winning," that's just...

Nope, I can't think of a way to make that not retarded.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Winnder?

WINNER?!!

The mind-it boggles Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fox News tells porky pies   Fox News tells porky pies Empty

Back to top Go down

Fox News tells porky pies
Page 1 of 1