Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New and Exciting Obesity Solution

Go down 
+17
Mr.Doobie
Freezer
Owlish
Lady Anne
Jay/Cris
The Unoriginal
ZOOLANDER
Penguin
Aggie
Chris91
EileenK98
Cyberwulf
Reepicheep-chan
grmblfjx
Disco Stu
Mikey Go WOOGA
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:39 pm

OWLISH I THOUGHT YOU WERE WAY TOO MATURE FOR ALL THIS
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
OWLISH I THOUGHT YOU WERE WAY TOO MATURE FOR ALL THIS
Oh shi- Cyber's using caps. I'm confused on if she's being sarcastic or not.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Seriously though, Owlish, so basically you consider a great deal of people to be less intelligent than you, including on this board, which may or may not be true. This is an assumption I have gleaned from reading your posts, and although you may be, outside of here, a kind person that never uses their intelligence as a free pass to act like the biggest retard on the block, it comes across as that here. It's one thing if its Mikey being a rude jerkoff- it is obviously a joke. With you, it's the dry, asinine humor that everyone who finds themselves the life of the Smart Party with their jokes about how laws are above them, and joking about shooting people is just the funniest thing ever because, oh my god, people are idiots right why not shoot them?? Right??? Then we can all dissect the latest book and truly think ourselves above morality right??? Don't I get a cookie for being so smart??? Arguing with who you find to be the biggest troglodytes online since you ate in the bathroom during lunch in high school? God honey that ship has sailed and if you're in Rome with the Romans as the Romans do, which is being a goddamn retard, then babe you're ~news flash~ pretty fucking grade AA retarded. You're not a special shepherd or martyr, honey. I'm not particularly smart, either.

And babe my post wasn't whining. I didnt understand why you seemed to be upset. You did seem quite upset that anyone dare make you think about anything. I know your type- correct my spelling and talk about your IQ and the pointlessness of morality all rolled up in an adolescent need to be offended and prove oneself right. Don't tone police me, face it. I don't need to be civil or righteous back to a blowhard.

Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:39 am

What I find fairly amusing is that I basically said I find Owlish's behavior obnoxious, and then she proceeded to prove my point until everybody else thought so, too. My work here is done.

Disco Stu wrote:
Don't awaken the Ents, dear
Do you have moss growing on you

anywhere

Owlish wrote:
So, what's the goal of claiming that I "disappear" if you're not implying I hide from shit?
My point was that when there's no Owlish-drama it's not because you're so good at not starting drama, it's because you're not actually around.

Quote :
my first post was completely calm and reasoned. Cyberwulf responded by swearing at me, and I responded in kind. At the risk of sounding erudite and condescending, when in Rome
'But Mooooom, she hit me first'-? Honestly? Don't worry, you don't sound very erudite at all. Very fitting metaphor earlier though, with the sandbox and all.

Quote :
My comment about firearms was meant as a self-deprecating joke. In response to my one sentence joke, Disco Stu responds with a paragraph of armchair analysis about how it's a "glimpse into my psyche," then whines when I call it bullshit.
*Their* psyche. The customers'.

Let me translate that conversation:

Owlish: Ugh I hate customers. Sometimes I wanna shoot them all.
Stu: Oh, I know. Retail, ugh. My personal experience is that you have to let it just wash over you, so it won't drive you nuts. People are fucking annoying, but they probably don't mean to be.
Owlish: WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME!!!!
Stu: Um. What? Calm down, hey?
Owlish: OH SURE. BE LIKE THAT.

You're welcome.

Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:15 am

grmblfjx wrote:

What I find fairly amusing is that I basically said I find Owlish's behavior obnoxious, and then she proceeded to prove my point until everybody else thought so, too. My work here is done.

Huh. I thought Owlish was a man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:21 am

Dunno. I was going off this.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:37 am

Owlish probably ain't seen nothing yet; if a busy line of angry, hungry, wanting to go home with their shit custys are scary and awful and deserve to be shot, try a slammed day as waitstaff where they are PISSED their food hasn't arrived yet but OF COURSE IT ISN'T READY THE COOKS HAVE FIFTEEN ORDERS IN THE KITCHEN TO PREPARE IN ADDITION TO YOURS. The doors to the kitchen are the doors to hell. Being pissed back there will fly, but ultimately you need to GO GO GO because your tips, your rent depends on your ability to be stressed out to the nines and yet, go out there, be chill, be congenial, amid the children throwing spaghetti at you and people generally being hungry and needy and STARING AT YOU because OH MY GOD WHERE IS MY FOOD JESUS CHRIST and every other server is angry as balls because you gotta roll with the punches. If you act desperate to the custys it can backfire and leave you with strings of <10% tips. If you act like, and it shows that, you think you're better than anyone on the floor, it's goin to negatively affect you. People come to relax and don't need yr attitude.

Oh but what do I know though I'm not putting my college education to good use at all!!! Therefore its irrelevant and I'm a shallow erudite!!! Wheeeeee

Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:41 am

So, if I obtained a tracheotomy, can I just reroute my food to come out that hole in my neck by bending over, using gravity to shift the food back towards my mouth?

If I had to get one of those gross ass things seriously how would this new solution fly

My neighbor's colostomy bag was pretty damn gross as it eliminated the whole shitting ordeal for him as well

I don't think this is gonna take off, no matter how ethical or right or bulimic it sounds
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:36 pm

Disco Stu wrote:
Owlish probably ain't seen nothing yet; if a busy line of angry, hungry, wanting to go home with their shit custys are scary and awful and deserve to be shot, try a slammed day as waitstaff where they are PISSED their food hasn't arrived yet but OF COURSE IT ISN'T READY THE COOKS HAVE FIFTEEN ORDERS IN THE KITCHEN TO PREPARE IN ADDITION TO YOURS. The doors to the kitchen are the doors to hell. Being pissed back there will fly, but ultimately you need to GO GO GO because your tips, your rent depends on your ability to be stressed out to the nines and yet, go out there, be chill, be congenial, amid the children throwing spaghetti at you and people generally being hungry and needy and STARING AT YOU because OH MY GOD WHERE IS MY FOOD JESUS CHRIST and every other server is angry as balls because you gotta roll with the punches. If you act desperate to the custys it can backfire and leave you with strings of <10% tips. If you act like, and it shows that, you think you're better than anyone on the floor, it's goin to negatively affect you. People come to relax and don't need yr attitude.

Oh but what do I know though I'm not putting my college education to good use at all!!! Therefore its irrelevant and I'm a shallow erudite!!! Wheeeeee

You know stu, you'd love me as a customer, I'd order my food then sit quietly and stare down at the table wondering 'where the fuck did I go wrong with my life?' in self-depreciation while I wait for my food, then proceed to murmer creepily as I pay you too much for a small tip and my bill then head out the door New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 588739
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:53 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Quote :
My comment about firearms was meant as a self-deprecating joke. In response to my one sentence joke, Disco Stu responds with a paragraph of armchair analysis about how it's a "glimpse into my psyche," then whines when I call it bullshit.
*Their* psyche. The customers'.

Let me translate that conversation:

Owlish: Ugh I hate customers. Sometimes I wanna shoot them all.
Stu: Oh, I know. Retail, ugh. My personal experience is that you have to let it just wash over you, so it won't drive you nuts. People are fucking annoying, but they probably don't mean to be.
Owlish: WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME!!!!
Stu: Um. What? Calm down, hey?
Owlish: OH SURE. BE LIKE THAT.

You're welcome.

Um, no. The "I wanna shoot them all" part was the fucking joke. For some reason I was under the impression that a thread to share stupid things people say was, to like, share stupid things people say? Not because I want to shoot any of them. I thought it was pretty obvious that statement wasn't serious, so I'm wondering where the malfunction was but you know what there's no point trying to explain this anymore.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 pm

^ That in no way changes the accuracy of grumbles's summary. I do not think anyone took your original hyperbole srsly.
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:38 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
^ That in no way changes the accuracy of grumbles's summary. I do not think anyone took your original hyperbole srsly.

Then, why this response? I was not "ranting" by any means, nor was I "acting high and mighty," I was trying to be genial by making a joke.
Quote :
I doubt most people who joke about shooting others for whatever reason actually do it, but at the same time why are you ranting? Doesn't this come with the territory for some things? Yeah it's irritating but isn't it much easier to ignore/ make fun of/ deal with in the present than act all high and mighty as if everyone is some giant irritation? Like yeah, some person asking for the trillionth time how much something is when you work at a 99 cent store can be irritating but to each new person you'll never see again, they're just trying to be funny. Drunk people are annoying. 14 year old boys are annoying. It kind of is a glimpse into someone's psyche.

Disco Stu wrote:

Oh, I've done the food service thing too, and I was probably better at it than you'll ever be. I routinely pulled in two to three times the tips anyone else on my shifts made.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Owlish wrote:
I WAS A SUPER WAITRESS FUCK YOU

srsly are we going down this road b/c i work for more than minimum wage does that mean i automatically win then
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:04 pm

You know, for all the shit that Chris91 gets on this board, other people aren't much different. They keep bringing a dead issue up again and again and again in the hopes of, what? Getting to have the last word?

Owlish has repeatedly stated that she was joking. Nothing else others say is going to change her intentions there. How about we just drop the 'it's all about Owlish' stance and start talking about the actual subject?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:27 pm

The actual subject being that this revolutionary stomach pump is not, ever, going to solve any eating disorder?

Okay then, talk. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:58 pm

This revolutionary stomach pump is not ever going to solve any eating disorder. In fact, it may actually provoke those with the tendency for self-destructive behavior to embrace this method instead of getting actual help.

Can we all agree on that at least?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Aggie wrote:
This revolutionary stomach pump is not ever going to solve any eating disorder. In fact, it may actually provoke those with the tendency for self-destructive behavior to embrace this method instead of getting actual help.

Yes. Except for Owlish, apparently. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:06 pm

My god Owlish who cares if you were the super waitress nobody gives a shit and not everything is a personal slight against you

it's all your perception, chill out, kay?

Don't need to be arguing about who makes better tips anyway, sweetie. It's poor taste.
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Aggie wrote:

Yes. Except for Owlish, apparently. Colbert
And the European Union.

Now, I'm a huge critic of medical device regulation in general, but it counts for something. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
StrungOutOnLife

PostSubject: Joining in   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:16 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:
"oohhhh but I MADE THEM." (...shit.)

That one, fuck it, is my mother's favourite. Which is the reason why we nearly came to hands last week, after my daughter ate half a jar of jam (luckily she's as thin as a nail, but cavities are another matter).
My mother's excuse?
"But it's HOMEMADE!"

Returning to the subject, why bother with a stomach pump? You could simply do an esophagotomy instead of a tracheotomy and let the chewed food just dribble out of a hole in your neck and all over your shoulder. Just install a valve for the water and the food you must eat to survive, and you're all set.

One of my coworker has a gastric surgery but it didn't last. It couldn't: his idea of exercise is climbing to the seat of the forklift (he's been seen driving the forklift to save a 40 yards walk). Maybe a brain surgery would've been more useful?
When I see the invoice for the tailor-made working clothes we make for him, I think of the several rock bands whose members were told to lose weight or leave...
According to New Scientist, gastric bypass doesn't last unless it makes everything taste terrible. Other hormonal fuckery is responsible for the Type II diabetes disappearing in a week according to Discover Magazine.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:37 am

Owlish wrote:
Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Then, why this response? I was not "ranting" by any means, nor was I "acting high and mighty," I was trying to be genial by making a joke.
Haha wow, that first statement was barely about you and that 2nd statement was in no way about you at all. I stand by what I said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New and Exciting Obesity Solution   New and Exciting Obesity Solution - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New and Exciting Obesity Solution
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: