Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster

Go down 
+17
Sakurelf
Reidmar
Snake Bandage
EileenK98
Jay/Cris
Kevin M
the asylum
Cunovendus
Reepicheep-chan
lemmingwriter
Miss Misery
TheIan
Mr.Doobie
WD40
Braigwen
Mikey Go WOOGA
Lady Anne
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:16 pm

lemmingwriter wrote:
(we did get told sea monsters were real because they were talked about in the Bible, though).

Depends on your definition of "sea monster" Giant Squid and Oarfish are pretty fucking terrifying.
They also point back to the dinosaurs = dragons mythology. Find a giant skeleton hanging around a bog or cave and uneducated people will make up all kinds of shit about it.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Sakurelf wrote:
Find a giant skeleton hanging around a bog or cave and uneducated people will make up all kinds of shit about it.

So do educated people. They're called palaeontologists.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Reidmar wrote:
The English language, in my opinion is far harder to learn than Sign Language, or many other language. Simply due to the fact at how many double (and even) triple meanings one word can have.
Not to mention the fact that every rule has exceptions, and the exceptions have exceptions, and then you find out the word actually comes from a foreign language or was invented by the Internet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:14 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Reidmar wrote:
The English language, in my opinion is far harder to learn than Sign Language, or many other language. Simply due to the fact at how many double (and even) triple meanings one word can have.
Not to mention the fact that every rule has exceptions, and the exceptions have exceptions, and then you find out the word actually comes from a foreign language or was invented by the Internet.

I think this is tempered by the fact that we're inflectionally retarded. Seriously guys, five verbal forms, max. Though this board does continually astound me; I keep finding English isn't x y or z a person's native language and every time I'm pleasantly shocked.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Jay/Cris wrote:
Sakurelf wrote:
Find a giant skeleton hanging around a bog or cave and uneducated people will make up all kinds of shit about it.

So do educated people. They're called palaeontologists.

"educated guess"
Back to top Go down
zeke
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Why is our wealth being channeled to set up schools to teach that science is not real? Who/what interest is that serving, to make us believe that reality is not real? I think that is the question.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:13 am

zeke wrote:
Why is our wealth being channeled to set up schools to teach that science is not real? Who/what interest is that serving, to make us believe that reality is not real? I think that is the question.
It serves the interest of the fundies who would like America to be a theocracy.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:31 am

Lady Anne wrote:
zeke wrote:
It serves the interest of the fundies who would like America to be a theocracy.

Keep people dumb and make sure they arn't given the tools to challenge anything they're taught. It's literally the Texas GoP platform

R - E - S - P - E - C - T, Respect authority.
O - B - E - Y, Obey Authority!
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:01 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Shut up. Colbert

I, for one, can guarantee that German is harder to learn because I speak English, um, decently, and I can't speak German for beans. LOGIC
I'd respond with something like a long worded tirade about how I know four languages actually. English(ESL), Signlanguage (first), Spanish, and Swedish, but I can't be assed to. So, No U!
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:04 am

zeke wrote:
Several moral/social issues see one side making religion-based arguments, the other side making science-based arguments. EG, homosexuality, abortion, euthanasia and all that.
Creationism is an excuse to teach the children not to trust science-based arguments, about ANY issue, for the rest of their lives. I really wonder why they bother with Nessie and the rest of the "evidence": they might as well go the Manchurian Candidate route and just brainwash the kids with false memories.
"I saw Jesus in a blaze of glory standing on the roof of the school. We all saw him. He told us to brush our teeth and vote Republican."

Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:20 am

I wonder if these people know that they're basing their argument off an admitted hoax? The again, I doubt that fact would stop them.

Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:24 pm

See! Scientific proof that the Earth is not rotating!

Featuring a couple of toy helicopters and a Bible!

OPEN YOUR EYES! SCIENTISTS ARE LYING TO YOU ABOUT THINGS YOU CAN PROVE WRONG YOURSELF!!!

This is the level and type of "thinking" that is being pushed here.

The Bible says one thing, (although I'm having a hard time thinking which bible verse explicitly states that the Earth does ot spin) ergo I must manipulate my observations to fit this model. Anyone who provides evidence to the contrary must be wrong because the Bible says so.

Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:15 pm

Reidmar wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Shut up. Colbert

I, for one, can guarantee that German is harder to learn because I speak English, um, decently, and I can't speak German for beans. LOGIC

I'd respond with something like a long worded tirade about how I know four languages actually. English(ESL), Signlanguage (first), Spanish, and Swedish, but I can't be assed to. So, No U!

>Learning Swedish

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:52 pm

WD40 wrote:
Ironically, Jesus went around pissing off authority figures.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
WD40 wrote:
Ironically, Jesus went around pissing off authority figures.

They were Jews and heathens, so that was all good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Howithurts
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Howithurts

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:26 pm

For the record, Psalms 93:1 says "The Lord reigns, he is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed in majesty and armed with strength; indeed, the world is established, firm and secure."

I dunno how anyone can get "The world is also stabilized and cannot be moved." This is no version of the bible known to sane man. scratch

As for 1 Chronicles 16:30, that is the actual verse, but the most bizarre way to look at it I've ever heard. It's depressing, really.

The moar you know...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster   American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

American Fundies Disprove Evolution With Loch Ness Monster
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2