Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber

Go down 
+7
Reepicheep-chan
Jay/Cris
Lady Anne
Sakurelf
Mikey Go WOOGA
Rabid Badger
The Unoriginal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber Empty
PostSubject: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:01 am

No article in English, sorry.

Yesterday in Rome a 26-years old man left his apartment after a violent altercation with his wife, carrying his 16-month old son which he had taken from the mother's arms. He walked to the nearest bridge and dropped the child.
The police was alerted both by the wife's relatives and by a bystander who witnessed the man dropping "something" into the river. So far no trace of the child has been found despite a search involving the riverine police and fire department divers. All Italy is lashed by Siberian winds and Rome is paralysed under the heaviest snowfall in 30 years, but the river hasn't frozen because the current is strong. The man has been arrested and is in the police's custody.

I try to console myself by thinking that the child would have shared 50% of this douchebag's genes, but still. Poor woman. Poor kid.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:37 am

Now for justice to truly be done, they need to throw him into the river. Preferably with led weights tied to his feet.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:00 pm

Guys, guys, guys.

Maybe the kid deserved it. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:05 pm

I'll cling to denial and blindly assume that what he threw was a decoy, and the child is safe somewhere else. Yes.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Guys, guys, guys.

True. He might have grown up to be just like you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Guys, guys, guys.

She's right, you know. Just think of how much better the world would be if someone had thrown Mikey into an icy river when he was a toddler.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Guys, guys, guys.

She's right, you know. Just think of how much better the world would be if someone had thrown Mikey into an icy river when he was a toddler.

1.) Credit where credit is due. Lady Anne had a good zinger.
2.) I appreciate you think I have had a significant effect on the world. Colbert
3.) I'm from The North. I'm pretty sure they dunked my newborn ass in cold water to thaw me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:23 am

And Mikey, you can say whatever you want, because I've got you on my ignore list, and I never read your posts anyway. Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber 453357
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:14 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Guys, guys, guys.

1.) Credit where credit is due. Lady Anne had a good zinger.
2.) I appreciate you think I have had a significant effect on the world. Colbert
3.) I'm from The North. I'm pretty sure they dunked my newborn ass in cold water to thaw me. Razz

Rabid Badger wrote:
And Mikey, you can say whatever you want, because I've got you on my ignore list, and I never read your posts anyway. Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber 453357

Look! I can insult people and then never have to deal with their responses!
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:55 am

It is more fun to have someone on ignore when you deliberately provoke them into saying stuff at you so they can tell that you have them on ignore because you never respond to them!!
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:09 am

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
It is more fun to have someone on ignore when you deliberately provoke them into saying stuff at you so they can tell that you have them on ignore because you never respond to them!!

Machiavelli has nothing on our Rabid Badger!
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:31 am

Rabid Badger wrote:

Yet you managed to figure out what I had said and determine the context of Lady Anne's response. Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber 896582
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:14 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
Yet you managed to figure out what I had said and determine the context of Lady Anne's response. Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber 896582
I'm quoting this because I think putting someone on 'ignore' on a forum where people regularly quote the post above them is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:28 pm

so how about that frozen kid huh that's pretty messed up
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 12:06 am

Hawaiian Shirt wrote:
so how about that frozen kid huh that's pretty messed up

Well, maybe the kid deserved it. Colbert

WGW is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of posting, trolling, and flaming continue on forever.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
WGW is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of posting, trolling, and flaming continue on forever.
Mikey, what's going on with you lately? You suddenly seem, like... within shouting distance of cultured. Sometimes. A little.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:11 pm

^
I paraphrased an anime quote, you fool. Razz
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:44 pm

Quote :
The police was alerted both by the wife's relatives and by a bystander who witnessed the man dropping "something" into the river.

Why not the wife herself? I mean, yeah this guy sounds like he wouldn't think twice about hitting her and lots of abused women wouldn't call the police but WTF?!?
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 6:14 pm

So many people die in that stupid river. I was in Rome in 2009, and they were fishing some dead guy out of it one morning.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 6:22 pm

How do you know he entered the river alive? Colbert
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:16 am

Okay, I found a better recount of the events on another newspaper. I gotta quit getting my news from the Corriere, that rag has gone to the dogs.

The man - a 26-year-old with past indictments for drug possession - and wife were divorcing and she had gone back to live in the Trastevere borough with her parents/relatives. She went to hospital to be treated for depression and left the child with an aunt of hers. While she was in the hospital, the man went to the aunt's house and demanded to see his son. Because the wife had instructed her not to let the husband take the kid, the aunt refused. The man wrestled her down, breaking her arm, then went inside the house and took the child. Other relatives of the wife, living in nearby apartments, noticed the commotion and ran after him.
So we have a running man with a crying kid in his arms, followed by a bunch of old women screaming at him. Still running, the man reaches the Mazzini bridge:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
and throws the kid - his own son - into the river below. On the coldest day of winter. Because he was pissed that they wouldn't let him see him. (I don't know if the Darwin Awards committe ought to be notified in these cases).

An off-duty prison officer saw the whole scene (although he did not realize at first what the man had thrown into the river) and called the police.

At the time of the original post, the wife still had not been told of what had happened. The man was in custody under close surveillance for fear he might harm himself - in a country where people imprisoned for smoking a blunt hang themselves every other day. As of February the 27th the searches were continuing with little hope of success as the sea is not that far away and the river rats in Rome are the size of dogs.

(You might have noticed I'm trying to detach from all this by telling myself "it's another Roman from the Serpentone*, he would have grown up to be a douche just like his dad, what with being named Claudio and all".
Because if I don't, empathy kicks in and what I see is my own daughter screaming "PAPAAAAAAAAA" as she falls all 90 feet down, and that I. Don't. Want.)

*This is the Serpentone aka Corviale housing project. Picture in your mind a mile-long wall of concrete like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 am

Hawaiian Shirt wrote:
So many people die in that stupid river. I was in Rome in 2009, and they were fishing some dead guy out of it one morning.
I am pretty sure you were not in Rome in 2009, actually!
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:13 am

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Hawaiian Shirt wrote:
I am pretty sure you were not in Rome in 2009, actually!

Eevee didn't log me off
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:46 pm

Yeah, I figured. I just wanted to contribute to the conversation =.=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber   Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber Empty

Back to top Go down

Man throws 16-months old son into icy Tiber
Page 1 of 1