Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Transgender teacher found dead after months of harassment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

Transgender teacher found dead after months of harassment Empty
PostSubject: Transgender teacher found dead after months of harassment   Transgender teacher found dead after months of harassment EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Story here

Quote :
A primary school teacher who had recently transitioned from being male to female has been found dead.

Pupils and parents were informed in December that Nathan Upton, 32, would return to the school in the new year as Lucy Meadows. Students at St Mary Magdalen's School in Accrington, Lancashire, were asked to address the teacher as Miss Meadows from then on.

A spokeswoman for Lancashire police said: "At 4.45pm on Tuesday, police were called by the ambulance service to a report of a Sudden Death at an address on Ramsbottom Street in Accrington.

A very sad outcome from an event that could have led to the enriching of children's awareness and understanding of gender, sexuality and the rest of it. Well, as shitty as this is, why is it news-worthy? As a homosexual with a career in education myself (living relatively close to where this happened, I should note), I've always wondered about how students and my colleagues may be impacted by them knowing such intimate facts about me if they ever came out - although I know my own issue is nothing compared to what Lucy Meadows had to face. Why would I wonder about such a thing, and not just let it be known to everybody?

Well, it could be stuff like this:

Richard Littlejohn: He's not only in the wrong body... he's in the wrong job

You couldn't make it up, etc.

Quote :
Confirmation came in the school’s Christmas newsletter. It started innocuously enough, with a series of routine staff announcements. Then in paragraph six, out of the blue, BOOM! Are you sitting comfortably, children?
If they weren't force-fed transphobic bullshit 24/7 then they probably wouldn't need to sit comfortably in the first place, you tit.

Quote :
Mr Upton/Miss Meadows may well be comfortable with his/her decision to seek a sex-change and return to work as if nothing has happened. The school might be extremely proud of its ‘commitment to equality and diversity’.

But has anyone stopped for a moment to think of the devastating effect all this is having on those who really matter? Children as young as seven aren’t equipped to compute this kind of information.
Are you sure? Where's your proof? Children can "compute" some seriously heavy information, actually. I've had to sub in for a lesson where the subject matter at hand was the holocaust, and the class were 7-8 year olds, and I had to explain it. I'm pretty sure the average 7 year old can handle the concept of "Miss felt sad before as a Sir, and is changing her life to make herself feel better." There. Done. EASY PEASY.

Quote :
Why should they be forced to deal with the news that a male teacher they have always known as Mr Upton will henceforth be a woman called Miss Meadows?
It's not like she's going to be paraded throughout the entire fucking school on a big moving platform with a big banner on it announcing every little detail abut the change. It's almost like the person at hand was a year six teacher, who will not be working with seven year olds. At most, the only time said seven year olds will acknowledge anything regarding Ms. Meadows at all is on Wednesday morning at assembly when they see her for the best part of five seconds and even then their thoughts will be: "Why is Sir a Miss now? Whatever, look at my cool new Spongebob pencil sharpner guys holy shit!!"

Quote :
The school shouldn’t be allowed to elevate its ‘commitment to diversity and equality’ above its duty of care to its pupils and their parents.
Yeah pupils should be kept in the dark on any sort of real world issue for their own safety in case they dare to explore ideas that aren't "what's for dinner" or "where's our football". And parents shouldn't have to explain shit to their children about any questions or concerns they have.

Quote :
These are primary school children, for heaven’s sake. Most them still believe in Father Christmas. Let them enjoy their childhood. They will lose their innocence soon enough.
Haha, yeah, because wanting to be acknowledged as who you really think you are is perverse and wrong. Good one, you fucking shitbag.

Quote :
The head teacher denies that pupils will be punished for referring to the teacher as Mr Upton but added ominously that they would be ‘expected to behave properly around her.’
Yeah the school "ominously" said that they want their pupils to act like tolerant human beings oh man that is so hard on their frazzling little brains that are being scrambled by the TRANNY RAYS THAT ARE SO STRONG AAAAAAAHHH

Quote :
Nathan Upton is entitled to his gender reassignment surgery, but he isn’t entitled to project his personal problems on to impressionable young children.
"Ms. whatever is taking maternity leave, our last school sale raised a nice amount of cash, and by the way our year six teacher is undergoing gender reassignment surgery please don't be fucking stupid and shitty about it. Thanks!"
"AAAAHH! THIS IS WAY TOO IN OUR FACES!!"

Quote :
By insisting on returning to St Mary Magdalen’s, he is putting his own selfish needs ahead of the well-being of the children he has taught for the past few years.
Haha yeah how dare she wish to keep a well-paid position of employment in a job climate that is nigh-on impossible to find stable work in, even for the average straight white cisgendered man or woman.

Quote :
It would have been easy for him to disappear quietly at Christmas, have the operation and then return to work as ‘Miss Meadows’ at another school on the other side of town in September.
Yeah schools are just pouring teaching positions out the ass. As a tabloid columnist living in fucking FLORIDA I am well in the know of UK teaching job climates.

Quote :
But if he cares so little for the sensibilities of the children he is paid to teach, he’s not only trapped in the wrong body, he’s in the wrong job.
I hope some newly-unidentified space virus falls from the sky into your toilet, climbs up through your butt, then murders your face and your balls you fucking hack.

Anyway, in the past few days since this happened, there has been some fallout.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Transgender teacher found dead after months of harassment   Transgender teacher found dead after months of harassment EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 3:14 am

Yeah, this case is horrid.

It's worth noting that following the Leveson Enquiry into press standards, Lord Justice Leveson said this:

Quote :
On the basis of the evidence seen by the Inquiry, it is clear that there is a marked tendency in a section of the press to fail to treat members of the transgender and intersex communities with sufficient dignity and respect; and in instances where individuals are identified either expressly or by necessary implication perpetrate breaches of clause 12 of the Code. Parts of the tabloid press continue to seek to ‘out’ transgender people notwithstanding its prohibition in the Editors’ Code. And parts of the tabloid press continue to refer to the transgender community in derogatory terms, holding transgender people up for ridicule, or denying the legitimacy of their condition. Although the Inquiry heard evidence that parts of the tabloid press had “raised [its] game in terms of transgender reporting”, the examples provided by TMW of stories from the last year demonstrate that the game needs to be raised significantly higher."

The Leveson Enquiry, for those not in the know, calls for a new regulating body to cover Press practice in the UK, as the current, self-regulation group, the PCC, is an utter farce.

Naturally, with the new group having actual laws and teeth behind it, the Press are up in arms about stifling free speech. Here's the Sun's ludicrously foaming front page from about a week ago...

Quote :
"A free Press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny.
Here's a picture about a pregnant woman getting her shoe stuck."

Quote :
"[T]he Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen."
Ordinary citizens like, say, Milly Dowler or Lucy Medows.

The Mail is also on the "Waaah! Our free speech!" bandwagon.

Just as a reminder, a while back a couple of Australian DJ's prank called a London Hospital asking about Kate Middleton's baby. A nurse, Jacintha Saldanha, committed suicide in the aftermath.

The Mail wanted the DJ's sacked at the very least, and prosecuted at the very best

Littlejohn still works for the Mail, and is one of the most high-paid columnists in the UK.

... despite that he lives in a gated community in Florida.

[[PS Hi, Chips! Haven't seen you around in a while!]]
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Transgender teacher found dead after months of harassment   Transgender teacher found dead after months of harassment EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:14 am

Quote :
The Daily Mail defended Littlejohn's column. A spokesman said on Friday: "It is regrettable that this tragic death should now be the subject of an orchestrated twitterstorm, fanned by individuals – including former Labour spin doctor Alastair Campbell – with agendas to pursue."
OH WAH WAH FUCK YOU DAILY MAIL

it's okay for you to turn something that was semi-private into fodder to sell your disgusting rags but when someone calls you on your murderous hateful bullshit suddenly THEY HAVE AGENDAS TO PURSUE

someone should burn their offices down or at least smash the presses up

i can't believe we imported that filthy fucking tabloid shitpaper into this country
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transgender teacher found dead after months of harassment   Transgender teacher found dead after months of harassment Empty

Back to top Go down

Transgender teacher found dead after months of harassment
Page 1 of 1