Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89

Go down 
+22
Howithurts
rachel
Seule
Maximilia
Sparrow
KelinciHutan
Sutremaine
Reidmar
gaijinguy
Lady Anne
Reepicheep-chan
Kirby
Cyberwulf
Lapin
Mr.Doobie
Penguin
Mikey Go WOOGA
rae
Owlish
Raine
fapfapfap
King Bee
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

"Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:23 am

Quote :
Honestly, I fully support starting a family as a life choice;

Which is why the idea of white families makes you sick and you want to beat them to death with garden hoses? "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 896582

Quote :
Ok, wow...I did not mean a single word of what I said in response to KelinciHutan's comment seriously.

... then why was your comment... needed?

Quote :
Like whenever I point out an instance of racism, then by gosh, I must hate white people! Whenever I point out sexism, obviously I hate all men everywhere! And when I criticize the equation of the white nuclear family as "wholesome and traditional" then I must hate white nuclear families! When nothing could be further from the truth.

Which is why you make your point by screaming, "I HATE WHITEY AND WANT TO BEAT HIS CHILDREN WITH A GARDEN HOSE AND IMPREGNATE HIS DAUGHTER THAN EAT HER THAN ABORT HER FETUS THAN KILL HER!"

What is your point, anyway? That presenting white people having a family anywhere in the media is horrible and the creator is a terrible person?

Quote :
But that's exactly my point. Can you imagine any comic strip about a family going to mosque running in any US newspaper? Let alone such a comic being referred to as "wholesome" or "relatable" or "good family entertainment"? I'm not saying that I personally think it's not good subject matter for a comic, I'm saying that the majority of Americans wouldn't think it was good subject matter. And I think a lot of Americans would get offended at the suggestion that a family going to mosque is relatable.

... and this is Bil Keanes' fault because?
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:31 am

Mr.Doobie wrote:

The question I've been asking myself as well.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:07 pm

My actual opinion notwithstanding, am I the only one who recognized the Garden Hose Paragraph as sarcasm? As in, something you don't honestly base your argument on unless your point is that sarcasm is stupid?

That said-:
Reidmar wrote:
Howithurts wrote:
So the thought of being prosperous and happy makes you sick and violent?
So it would seem. Even if that's not exactly how Owlish said it. "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 896582

Be honest now, are you trying to be Chris?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Grumbles, I don't think you realise how serious it is to attribute White Anglo-Saxon Protestant values to a comic drawn by an Irish Catholic. It is very very serious and not at all looking for something to be offended about.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:24 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Grumbles, I don't think you realise how serious it is to attribute White Anglo-Saxon Protestant values to a comic drawn by an Irish Catholic. It is very very serious and not at all looking for something to be offended about.

Must not make... IRA... Joke...
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:

Last I checked Irish people have European ancestry, meaning they are at the very least white.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Yeah! What is next, somebody accusing him of wearing fake glasses as a fashion statement?!
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:07 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
My actual opinion notwithstanding, am I the only one who recognized the Garden Hose Paragraph as sarcasm? As in, something you don't honestly base your argument on unless your point is that sarcasm is stupid?

That said-:
Reidmar wrote:
Howithurts wrote:
So the thought of being prosperous and happy makes you sick and violent?
So it would seem. Even if that's not exactly how Owlish said it. "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 896582

Be honest now, are you trying to be Chris?
No? if I was trying to be him I wouldn't even be replying here, I'd make a new completely random thread and proceed to churn out page after page of "Why X doesn't Z and Y doesn't K".
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Grumbles wrote:

I got it right away.

What I don't get is how, after Owlish explained she was being sarcastic, people STILL can't grasp it.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Quote :

I'm more wondering why Owlish felt the need for heavy-handed sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:19 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Quote :

'Cause this is WGW, and we don't do subtle?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:
Quote :

'Cause this is WGW, and we don't do subtle?

Two paragraphs of heavy-handed sarcasm?

That seems a bit excessive. Even for here.
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:15 pm

Lapin wrote:
There was no subliminal message of conformity.
Lapin, you're forgetting the part where I never said there was.

Lapin wrote:
There is nothing wrong with depicting a family of any religion
I agree with you. And I never said there was anything wrong with it.

Lapin wrote:
If you want a target for something that actually shoved a lifestyle and ideals down your throat
Why do you think I'm looking for a target? I assure you I'm not.

This whole shitstorm started because I made some throwaway comment describing Family Circus as WASPish (which it is) and illustrating conservative values (which it does). All I really meant by that comment is how trite, cliched and boring it is. Cue Penguin flipping shit because he took my comment as anti-white nuclear families, and you jumping right on board with that fail train by further misinterpreting my comments. (By the way, Penguin, if provocation was your intention then I tip my hat to you, sir.)

I never said a single word about Bil Keane himself, I never made any value judgments against him or his family. You seem to be getting pissed off at me for things I never actually said, but that you think I said. Why does identifying a work as illustrative of conservative white culture, coupled with any modicum of distaste make you so defensive?

Mr.Doobie wrote:
... then why was your comment... needed?
Are you unable to follow a fucking conversation?

Mr.Doobie wrote:
What is your point, anyway? That presenting white people having a family anywhere in the media is horrible and the creator is a terrible person?
:headdesk: No. That's exactly why I was being sarcastic. I responded as if this was my point, as if I were hateful toward white families to show how ridiculous it is.

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Beats the hell out of me. I never said it was. Why do you assume that I'm faulting one particular cartoonist for the tastes of the American public? I'm not.

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Hahahaha woooowwww are you serious? You cannot be fucking serious.

So you're embarrassed that you didn't pick up on sarcasm and your defense is going to be "it was heavy-handed"? What does that even mean, anyway? Was I too sarcastic? Or not sarcastic enough? scratch

I'm not going to waste time explaining myself anymore. As entertaining as this has been, I think the fail train has jumped the tracks. Clearly some of y'all are going to shit on anything I say at this point, so.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:52 am

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Yeah! What is next, somebody accusing him of wearing fake glasses as a fashion statement?!
Pre-emptive defensiveness counts as an invitation 'round these here parts. GUYS WE'RE PILIN' ON HER, NEXT

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I got it right away.
I'm so proud of you, son. One of these days you'll learn to go potty, too. *sniff*
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:35 am

Quote :
Beats the hell out of me. I never said it was. Why do you assume that I'm faulting one particular cartoonist for the tastes of the American public? I'm not.

So wait. You had no point this entire time, except that you dislike the white patriarchy that every single fucking person on this forum says they dislike every goddamn day?

Quote :
So you're embarrassed that you didn't pick up on sarcasm and your defense is going to be "it was heavy-handed"?

You seem awfully proud of those two paragraphs.

Quote :
What does that even mean, anyway? Was I too sarcastic? Or not sarcastic enough?

Learn you some words.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:12 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Pre-emptive defensiveness counts as an invitation 'round these here parts. GUYS WE'RE PILIN' ON HER, NEXT
Oh noez!!!! I have been found out!!
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:39 am

Yeah, and how hard that was, too. I mean it's not like you have them in your avatar.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:43 am

I will have you know that those are perscription glasses that Meowth needs to order to see. Frankly I am disappointed in you and your slander libel and I hope you die being ear-raped in prison like you deserve you filthy vagina-face.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:51 am

I think that's a lie because Meowth did not wear glasses until fairly recently. Sudden and dramatic deterioration of eyesight, was it?

NWS.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:57 am

He was wearing contacts, you insensitive boob.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:37 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
So wait. You had no point this entire time, except that you dislike the white patriarchy that every single fucking person on this forum says they dislike every goddamn day?

YES

The fact that it's taken three pages of wankery to reach that apparent revelation is absolutely astounding. Seriously, reread the goddamn thread.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:41 pm

"Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 453357
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Owlish wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:

YES

The fact that it's taken three pages of wankery to reach that apparent revelation is absolutely astounding. Seriously, reread the goddamn thread.

Ok, now I have reread the goddamn thread and you still look like an asshat.

A smug asshat.

But anything I have to say will just be retreading prior ground.

Good day.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:49 pm

Owlish wrote:
Seriously, reread the goddamn thread.
Oh, hell no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89   "Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Family Circus" creator Bil Keane dies at 89
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3