Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Boring Music for Boring People

Go down 
+26
Gally
Dr. Professor Science
Quackers
Bad Luck Charm
Reepicheep-chan
Rabid Badger
Azzandra
Raine
grmblfjx
Psy-4
Just Chipper
XLT-100852.0
myeerah
Cyberwulf
Max III
Sheba
Jay/Cris
Exodia's Right Leg
Vilecat
InkWeaver
gaijinguy
TheIan
Penguin
Mr.Doobie
Loaf
EricD
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

Boring Music for Boring People - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
TheIan wrote:
Quote :
You clearly have no clue the sheer lyrical talent and vocal dexterity that rap demands. Much less the skill that goes into beatmaking.
I don't recall there being much skill on Kanye's end using Harder, Better, Faster Stronger by Daft Punk.

...holy Christ.

I... there's so much fucking wrong with that statement, I don't even know where to begin.

For a start, do you even know why rap songs tend to be built around samples of other songs?

theIan in the future wrote:
No. And I don't care because I don't like it, therefore I don't have to concede any artistic merit to it. Did I mention I want to be Skillet's successor?
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:06 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
TheIan wrote:
Quote :
You clearly have no clue the sheer lyrical talent and vocal dexterity that rap demands. Much less the skill that goes into beatmaking.
I don't recall there being much skill on Kanye's end using Harder, Better, Faster Stronger by Daft Punk.

...holy Christ.

I... there's so much fucking wrong with that statement, I don't even know where to begin.

For a start, do you even know why rap songs tend to be built around samples of other songs?

To continue, do you realise how ridiculous your statement is? It's like replying to a discussion about heavy metal with "Yeah, well One Step Closer by Linkin Park is just shouting." It makes you look like the happiest idiot in the world.
On the contrary, I like Linkin Park. I wasn't too impressed with their album, by the way. I didn't feel the same energy as from their previous albums. But I might go back and BitTorrent the album and have another listen.

Going back in time and rethinking TheIan's biggest mistake since GAFF: The FanFiction wrote:
Gangsta rap does not impress me.

You hear one gangsta rap song, you've pretty much heard them all. I honestly don't find the appeal of it. It may be my disdain for the fucker who puts it on and cranks it to 11, or it could be the fact I'm just not impressed with it.

I dunno, I don't like rap, that's all I'm gonna say.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 10:34 am

TheIan wrote:
You hear one rap song, you've heard them all. The same tasteless hateful violent demeaning and arrogantly obnoxious shit over and over and over again.
Oh, yes, M.I.A is just one hateful, arrogant shit spewing hack. I mean listen to this hear vomit.

Listen to the girl squalk, "I THINK ITZ SO GROOVEY NOW THAT PEOPLE ARE FINALLY GETTING TOGETHER!" and tell me you don't want to ram a screwdriver into your ears.

Last edited by Mr.Doobie on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:05 am

Penguin wrote:
Raine wrote:
I can only listen to White Christmas so many times whilst trying to ignore its message of "you'll never see snow in your lifetime".
Man what

Southern Hemisphere, hot as hell at Christmas.

But besides that, odds are I'll never be rich enough to go see any snow. :c
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Raine wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Raine wrote:
I can only listen to White Christmas so many times whilst trying to ignore its message of "you'll never see snow in your lifetime".
Man what

Want me to mail you some? God knows we get enough of it where I live, we could import it to small countries where it never snows and make a killing.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:42 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Raine wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Raine wrote:
Man what

Want me to mail you some? God knows we get enough of it where I live, we could import it to small countries where it never snows and make a killing.

I'm afraid it might just be a soggy letter by the time it gets to me. Razz Although, we could use it. We already have to make our own snow as it is.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:31 am

Raine wrote:
If there is one thing I despise over everything else, it's working in the mall during Christmas time - if only because of that sort of music.
Waitwaitwait... malls in Austraila play generic Christmas=winter music? Do you decorate your trees with fake snow too? I mean, wtf, Austraila, make some songs about sunshine and running through the sprinklers and going to the beach for Chistmastime. Quit listening to our stupid shit.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:46 am

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together...
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Raine wrote:
If there is one thing I despise over everything else, it's working in the mall during Christmas time - if only because of that sort of music.
Waitwaitwait... malls in Austraila play generic Christmas=winter music? Do you decorate your trees with fake snow too? I mean, wtf, Austraila, make some songs about sunshine and running through the sprinklers and going to the beach for Chistmastime. Quit listening to our stupid shit.

As far as I know, the only "Summer Christmas" songs there are... well, there are none really. Only parodies, and those are very far and few between. And we don't decorate with fake snow (I dunno where you'd even buy that stuff", we just go overboard with the tinsel. =/
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Raine wrote:
As far as I know, the only "Summer Christmas" songs there are... well, there are none really. Only parodies, and those are very far and few between.
Interesting. I always pictured Christmas in Austrialia to be modified to suit the climate.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Raine wrote:
I'm afraid it might just be a soggy letter by the time it gets to me. Razz Although, we could use it. We already have to make our own snow as it is.

What; you've never heard of the wonders of dry ice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boring Music for Boring People   Boring Music for Boring People - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boring Music for Boring People
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next