Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trans student not crowned homecoming king

Go down 
+22
TheHermit
Maximilia
Malganis
Sutremaine
Lapin
Reepicheep-chan
grmblfjx
gaijinguy
Drabbler
Rabid Badger
Lady Anne
InkWeaver
EileenK98
karmyn31
Mafiosa
XLT-100852.0
Loaf
Vilecat
Chris91
saeku
Mr.Doobie
ZoZo
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Trans student not crowned homecoming king Empty
PostSubject: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:27 am

Another one for the high school administrators showing prejudice to LGBT teens file

Quote :
MUSKEGON, Mich. (WOOD) - Some Mona Shores High School students say administrators stole the homecoming king throne from the rightful winner -- a transgender senior. [snip]

Assistant Superintendent Todd Geerlings said the issue is simple: The ballots gave two choices -- vote for a boy for king and a girl for queen.

And, in school records, he said, Oakleigh is still listed as a female.
Same old fucking story.

Quote :
Already, the school has made concessions.

"They let me wear a male tux for band uniform, and they're going to let me wear the male robe and cap for graduation."

Teachers, Oakleigh said, use male pronouns.

"They call me Oak, and they say, he, him, his," the teen said.
Bloody trans people, eh? They're letting him wear a tux and using his preferred pronouns. ISN'T THAT ENOUGH???? Rolling Eyes

Still, some good has come out of this. Other students are outraged by the decision--unsurprisingly, considering they voted for Oak. Like all young folk, they showed their support with a Facebook group. I hope this is a sign of things starting to improve for trans people, but then I'm a massive optimist.

Last edited by ZoZo on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:40 am

ZoZo wrote:
Still, some good has come out of this. Other students are outraged by the decision--unsurprisingly, considering they voted for Oak. Like all young folk, they showed their support with a Facebook group. I hope this is a sign of things starting to improve for trans people, but then I'm a massive optimist.

Than a few of these comments should bring you back down to reality...

Quote :
Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is aginst the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd
If scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.
our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offesee, it's a freedome scene...
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.
For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all...
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks...
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.
WE CAN ELECT A PREGNANT SENIOR QUEEN,
AND THE "UNWED DADDY" OUR SENIOR KING.
It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such 'judgements' do not belong...
W can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles..
But the Ten Commandents are not allowed.
No word of God must reach this crowd.
It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the schools's mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make;
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen

In other words: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also must mention...

Quote :
To quote the Good Book makes me liable...

... Liable for what? The poem never says, but apparently the Bible is something that is indeed frowned upon, even illegal, in most areas of the United States. Who knew?

Quote :
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.

Because Bibles and guns go hand in hand,
like chicken and gravy,
green eggs and ham!

Quote :
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks...

I have no response except rage at these lines. The ones that suggest that somehow dressing in ways deviant from the social norm is bad and (if you read between the lines) should in some form be illegal or regulated. After reading his whole "prayer", all I have to say is "what a smug little bastard".

Quote :
She is a minor. She must follow the rules. The principal is right. The mother is wrong. We, as adults, must not be afraid of telling our children they are wrong. We as a society must stop giving children so much power and authority. Children are not capable of actual temperance, fortitude, prudence, and justice. Children are only capable of mirroring what they see and hear. Wake up people.

Even if the children are in the right, they are in the wrong as long as they oppose the will of their parents and authority. Authority is absolute. It must be obeyed. Baaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaa.

On another note: Notice how those against issues like this (gay marriage, transgender, whathaveyou) talk in a way that is vaguely poetic and old-fashioned to make themselves sound like some kind of brave, intelligent, martyr-warrior.

Quote :
You watch in the future these kids are going to keep pushing to much and costing schools much money in court with the ACLU, and its going to bite everyone. One day the schools are going to just stop having all of the activities like prom, homecoming, or anything else because of it. There is not a law on the books that say they have to have these activites. The schools are just going to say these activities are causing to much of disturbance to their education and "POOF" they are all gone.

AND IT'S GOING TO BE ALL TEH GAYZ FAULT! YOU JUST WATCH GAIZ! HEY GAIZ! LET'S ALL PLAY, PIN THE BLAME ON THE VICTIM!

Quote :
It sounds as if this school has given Oak as much help as possible. They Address her as him, They allow Oak to dress as a boy and wear the male version of all the uniforms. But at the end of the day Oak is a Female until she undertakes her Sex Change Operation. The School has done nothing wrong. Oak and her family need to get off their high horse and leave the school alone. They are just doing their jobs.

Goddamnit, we already call him "him", we let him wear men's clothing, we even let him go to our school, and use our bathroom. Haven't we already done enough? Where does it end, OH THE HUMANITY!

Quote :
okay, lets put it simply. Is she a boy? No. Anyone in doubt, have her prove she has a dangler. No dangler, no boy.

So castrated men aren't really men, than?

Quote :
Throughout history King=boy/male. School rules: Vote a BOY for king. Simple.

Only gender identity and sex isn't that simple. As much as you twits who announce "BORN A GIRL! YOOZE A GIRL! NOTHIN' 'ER CHANGE THAT!" would like to think otherwise, it's not.

Quote :
She should have ran for queen or had that sex change surgery at 17. But regardless of "attached parts", she will always have the female chromozome and will be no more than a female with a #$@!.

Studies show that transgendered brain wiring is different from their neurotypical peers of the same gender. So you could just as easily argue that he was born male. Genitalia and chromosomes are only one part of the equation, and they only decide sex, which is different from gender.

I love how they only bring up science when it reinforces their opinion.

Quote :
It comes down to a basic matter of rules. Granted I may even have voted for her, but, for example, if they broke this rule for her, they would have to break any and every rule they have in the future like letting her use the boys bathroom or changing room instead of the girls. She is a BOY right?

Yes. Yes she is. Next question?

Quote :
Uh, a woman can't be king. Born a woman, always a woman.

A person as confused as this heinous beast with a mutilated penis shouldn't even be allowed in school...

Besides, this foul being was probably voted for laughs.

You are a disgusting human being and I hope we never cross paths.

Oh, he has another comment, I wonder...

Quote :
During my rebellious years in high school, my father always reminded me if I wanted to be "different," I'd be treated as such. This dumb cunt is exactly that. And apparently the ACLU has nothing better to do than to troll. Also, the this family looks like it was broken, so the mother (who was probably molested and beaten growing up herself) gave up on her daughter... and now gives her anything she wants. She didn't get the crown, and cried to the news. Spoiled little savage.

YEAH SPOILED BRAT! HOW DARE SHE WANT TO BE A MAN! HOW DARE SHE ASK THAT EVERYONE TREAT HER LIKE THE GENDER THAT SHE THINKS SHE IS! LITTLE BITCH! SHE'S ASKING FOR SO GODDAMN MUCH GODDAMNIT HOW DARE SHE!

Gag me with a spoon. Fuckwaste.

Quote :
@Mathew (or Matilda, or whatever you really are) when the hell did I say anything about anybody being raped you idiot? People get into the gender-bending because they're not getting satisfaction out of life and they've been convinced that they'd be better off if they were of the other sex. Just like a black guy who thinks "passing for white" will improve his life. It's a bunch of crap; there's nothing wrong with being male, female, black, white, and all that stuff is built into us- it CAN NOT be changed no matter how much you want it to be.

So I think a good man will fix her right up, clear up this confusion she has about the difference between boys and girls. No surgery will ever enable her to do what a man can do. What you get is fake, it doesn't really work. That would be pretty funny if she got knocked up too, walking around with her belly out claiming she's really a father in a mother's body!

RAEG!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:15 am

Doobs, I made the mistake of looking at the raw, unprocessed-by-your awesome comments. Weeping for humanity again, and also fried my brain trying to follow the surreal pseudoscientific discussion.
Back to top Go down
saeku
Fapmaster
Fapmaster

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:58 am

What the fuck drove you to post the comments?
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:38 am

ZoZo wrote:
Another one for the high school administrators showing prejudice to LGBT teens file

That file must be bursting at the seams by now.
Back to top Go down
Vilecat

Vilecat

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:43 am

Retarded people are retarded. Sometimes this whole freedom of speech makes me wanna barf. So much ignorance shown by so many people... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Loaf

Loaf

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:58 am

So glad that kid's family supports him- he is a very well-rounded young man. Not all trans people have that, and instead of graduating with honors and getting involved with school, hole themselves up, and attempt suicide while toeing the line with drugs that make them forget momentarily that their lives are so fucked up because of the world around them.

If he's gotten this far, a slew of hateful facebook comments won't get him down.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:09 am

Vilecat wrote:
Retarded people are retarded. Sometimes this whole freedom of speech makes me wanna barf. So much ignorance shown by so many people... *sigh*
These people aren't retarded; to say that is an insult to people with learning disabilities.

They're bigots, that's what they are.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Vilecat wrote:
And your ignorance is showing. Freedom of speech does not mean what you think it means.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:39 pm

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Vilecat wrote:
And your ignorance is showing. Freedom of speech does not mean what you think it means.

Oh please expound upon this, surely delightful, point of view you're hinting at here.
Back to top Go down
Vilecat

Vilecat

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:23 pm

Judging from the past 3 posts, what I tried to say and how I translated my thoughts are completely different. Let's try this again:

It's not that I am opposed to free speech, I'm merely opposed to the ignorant people spouting false facts and closed-minded assumptions when they have no idea of what they are talking about. If someone's going to make a comment about something, maybe they should try to put themrselves in their position: how would they feel if they felt that their body was not what it is supposed to be? People get plastic surgery to fix "issues" all the time, how is this any different? One of them said "once a woman, always a woman." Is it also "once a brunette, always a brunette"?

Asked the help of my boyfriend on this, since his native language is English, unlike me.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:06 pm

People have the right to spout whatever hateful bullshit they want but thankfully we also have the right to scream back.
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:53 pm

There's a difference in graduation gowns and caps for males and females? Huh. Or maybe it just means the person doesn't have to wear a dress under the gown.
I hated that because I don't like wearing dresses. Not like anybody sees what you have on underneath the gown anyway.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:58 pm

karmyn31 wrote:
There's a difference in graduation gowns and caps for males and females? Huh. Or maybe it just means the person doesn't have to wear a dress under the gown.
I hated that because I don't like wearing dresses. Not like anybody sees what you have on underneath the gown anyway.

I think they're just different colors. When I graduated, we had black for the boys and white for the girls.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:14 pm

We had all the same colors, but there was some bullshit about how girls had to wear skirts that didn't peek out from beneath the gown and boys had to wear khakis or black slacks. Or else they wouldn't be allowed to graduate.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:19 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
karmyn31 wrote:

I think they're just different colors. When I graduated, we had black for the boys and white for the girls.
Where I work, the caps and gowns are the same color for both. As to clothing under the gown, the staff checks to make sure there is clothing (we've had a few streakers).

Mr.Doobie wrote:

Quote :

... Liable for what? The poem never says, but apparently the Bible is something that is indeed frowned upon, even illegal, in most areas of the United States. Who knew?
Not true, actually. It's a common misconception that the Bible is not allowed in public schools, but that isn't true (teachers can even read from it as part of literature!) I have three Bibles in the library, plus a Koran, two Books of Mormon, a Bhagavad Gita, and the analects of Confucius. I would have holy books from more religions, but nobody has given them to me and there's no funding to buy books.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:34 pm

I honestly think they were deliberately looking to stir up a hornets nest. Since it was apparently commonly known he was transgendered (they had him listed on the enrollment forms as a girl), they should've just told him he wasn't allowed to run for King because he wasn't a boy. Instead, they wait till the whole campaign is over and it's time to for the King and Queen to do whatever it is they do, and all of a sudden they pop up and say "Oh, you can't be King, because you're a girl! Never mind that most of the student body voted for you and all your teachers use 'he' when referring to you. The King has to be a real live boy that was born that way. Did we forget to mention that? Oopsie!

It's like the principal deliberately set out to humiliate him by waiting till the last minute to start up all this 'he's trans, therefore he's not actually physically a male' thing out of sheer spite.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:

Quote :

Not true, actually. It's a common misconception that the Bible is not allowed in public schools, but that isn't true (teachers can even read from it as part of literature!) I have three Bibles in the library, plus a Koran, two Books of Mormon, a Bhagavad Gita, and the analects of Confucius. I would have holy books from more religions, but nobody has given them to me and there's no funding to buy books.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:

Quote :

Spoiler:
I know, but the voices in my head told me to respond anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:21 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
It's like the principal deliberately set out to humiliate him by waiting till the last minute to start up all this 'he's trans, therefore he's not actually physically a male' thing out of sheer spite.
I know it's unlikely they'll ever say, but I wonder if the principal had been okay with it until either someone else complained (the parent of a losing candidate, perhaps, threatening to sue) or her bosses at the superintendent's office found out and ordered her to make the change. Either way, it doesn't sound like she was the one making this decision.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:37 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
I honestly think they were deliberately looking to stir up a hornets nest. Since it was apparently commonly known he was transgendered (they had him listed on the enrollment forms as a girl), they should've just told him he wasn't allowed to run for King because he wasn't a boy. Instead, they wait till the whole campaign is over and it's time to for the King and Queen to do whatever it is they do, and all of a sudden they pop up and say "Oh, you can't be King, because you're a girl! Never mind that most of the student body voted for you and all your teachers use 'he' when referring to you. The King has to be a real live boy that was born that way. Did we forget to mention that? Oopsie!

Hanlon's Razor. If this school's anything like mine, there's a real disconnect between the bureaucrats and the teacher-and-student body- the paper pushers push paper and don't really pay attention to what's actually happening in the school unless it comes across their desk. As a result, they probably had no idea this was happening until it happened- honestly, what administrator is going to think there's a real chance of a bio-girl running for prom king?
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:53 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Vilecat wrote:

Oh please expound upon this, surely delightful, point of view you're hinting at here.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I can be all for free speech and still sometimes feel like OH FUCKING FREE SPEECH I SHOULD BE ABLE TO REMOVE YOUR VOICEBOX FOR THIS BULLSHIT-.
Back to top Go down
Vilecat

Vilecat

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Go read the post right after the one you just quoted.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:17 pm

No I meant XLT-person. I was agreeing with you, dummy.
Back to top Go down
Vilecat

Vilecat

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:25 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
No I meant XLT-person. I was agreeing with you, dummy.
Sorry, my brain must've gone out for a walk today. I'll just go back to hiding under the covers...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trans student not crowned homecoming king   Trans student not crowned homecoming king Empty

Back to top Go down

Trans student not crowned homecoming king
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next