Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Indigo children

Go down 
+36
Hawaiian Shirt
Reidmar
Kakashifan727
bleachedblackcat
Disco Stu
TheIan
SirDixonDongs
Grimley Fieendish
Alhazred
Sarin
XLT-100852.0
Exodia's Right Leg
Malganis
SlyChild
Seule
Jay/Cris
myeerah
TheHermit
gaijinguy
KJM
Rabid Badger
Reepicheep-chan
Psy-4
Mr.Doobie
Sheba
Verandering
grmblfjx
Tungsten Monk
Mikey Go WOOGA
Jesus.
Drabbler
Cyberwulf
Hot Cancer
VenusRain
Sutremaine
ZoZo
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

Indigo children - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 9:01 am

Jay/Cris wrote:

(Also, that is one ugly looking couch. Were I ever to don a full-body rainbow suit, I'd at least pose on... I dunno. A black couch. Something that would actually match.)

Aaaaaand I love you. Hopelessly.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:12 pm

Seule wrote:
oh hey i had pretty much all of those symptoms OH WAIT I'M FUCKING AUTISTIC

That's the problem with this "checklist of awesomeness". It's so vague you can apply it to almost any child. That way, any dumbass New Age parent that desperately needs to validate their own existence through their child can look at this list, go "hey, my kid does that!", and immediately go around claiming their child is a living Mary Sue (despite the fact the kid will probably lead a very boring, ulitmately useless life like everyone else. Possibly worse, because their parents are really doing it wrong.)

Although, Jenny McCarthy's "indigo kid" turned out to just be (possibly) autistic. I'd like to see the correlation between autism, and parents who claim said autistic kid is "indigo".
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Jay/Cris wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:
[article on "purple"]
The spectral colors violet and indigo are not purples according to color theory but
they are purples according to common English usage
Since there is a controversy about the semantics, it seems both Sutremaine and I were right?
I hate it when that happens.

Well you could decide that color theory is so much more cool, educated, sophisticated and all around less common than common English usage.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 7:24 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
Well you could decide that color theory is so much more cool, educated, sophisticated and all around less common than common English usage.

If you do a class on color theory, if your teachers were anything like mine, you won't want to use the word "purple" around them. Indigo children - Page 3 611762 I would always have to check myself and say "Purple - I mean violet! Sorry!" Indigo children - Page 3 611762
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:41 am

Where I live, the sixth color of the rainbow is "anil", which is a deep blue. I thought indigo meant the same thing for most of my life, mainly because indigo dye IS blue.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Although, Jenny McCarthy's "indigo kid" turned out to just be (possibly) autistic. I'd like to see the correlation between autism, and parents who claim said autistic kid is "indigo".
Actually her son was misdiagnosed with autism, but he does have an other unknown neurological disorder. But to her, her son is a special little snowflake. I remember an interview where she was teary eyed about how her son was watching cartoons and laughed which meant that his condition was just about cured.

That's right, TV cured her son.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:38 pm

I've got a great-nephew who was diagnosed with autism when he was around three (you'd think his parents would've wondered why a three-year-old kid had yet to produce anything vaguely resembling speech, but he was their first child, so maybe they just he was a bit slow off the mark). They've determined he's not deaf, but for some reason he can communicate perfectly well using sign language.

His grandfather (my oldest brother) is a pretty rich arch-conservative, and he's never been able to come to grips with the fact that anything bad could happen to his grandson (because bad things only happen to poor, non-Christian people). Both he and his younger sister (who can run rings around him) are home schooled, fed only all-organic natural food, and my brother honestly thinks that if he just prays hard enough, some day the kid will be miraculously healed. Despite the fact he's going on 14 now and shows no signs of improvement. On the other hand, he's capable of functioning the way he is, though it's doubtful he'll ever be able to live on his own.

My brother's denial isn't helped any by the fact that this kid was supposed to 'carry on the family legacy.' Though I'm a bit unclear what that means.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 5:47 pm

XLT-100852.0 wrote:
Actually her son was misdiagnosed with autism,

Allegedly. Last time I heard, this was just a theory. A very plausible theory, but because McCarthy refuses to go to another therapist to see if the diagnosis was wrong, we can't know for sure.

Rabid Badger wrote:
I've got a great-nephew who was diagnosed with autism when he was around three (you'd think his parents would've wondered why a three-year-old kid had yet to produce anything vaguely resembling speech, but he was their first child, so maybe they just he was a bit slow off the mark). They've determined he's not deaf, but for some reason he can communicate perfectly well using sign language.

His grandfather (my oldest brother) is a pretty rich arch-conservative, and he's never been able to come to grips with the fact that anything bad could happen to his grandson (because bad things only happen to poor, non-Christian people). Both he and his younger sister (who can run rings around him) are home schooled, fed only all-organic natural food, and my brother honestly thinks that if he just prays hard enough, some day the kid will be miraculously healed. Despite the fact he's going on 14 now and shows no signs of improvement. On the other hand, he's capable of functioning the way he is, though it's doubtful he'll ever be able to live on his own.

My brother's denial isn't helped any by the fact that this kid was supposed to 'carry on the family legacy.' Though I'm a bit unclear what that means.

Oh, my girlfriend's family is like that. When she was a teenager, her grandmother would sometimes pray to God for no one to rape my girlfriend so that she could stay a virgin until she was married.

No one in her family knows that she actually was raped. She didn't tell them, because she was afraid that finding out she wasn't a virgin anymore would break their heart. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [/offtopic]
Back to top Go down
Sarin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sarin

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:34 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
They've determined he's not deaf, but for some reason he can communicate perfectly well using sign language.
According to anecdotal evidence, even psychologically normal children will be able to communicate coherently in sign language before verbal language if they're taught the former within the first year of their life. (I've never studied neurological development in humans, so I have no idea why this would be the case, but anyone who has background in it is welcome to offer hypotheses.)
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 12:07 am

...am I the only one disappointed that this entire thing has absolutely nothing to do with a mute little girl whispering the indigo prophecy into my ear?
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Grimley Fieendish

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:21 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
In re nothing: why "indigo" of all things? Is it something related to the dye process?

Edit: Her thoughts on religion reminded me of something, and after a little digging I found it: Stuff White People Like: Religions Their Parents Don't Belong To.

I suspect that's a reference to Tyrian Purple, a dye produced from a type of shellfish, & assoicated with the port of Tyre...
The shade itself is closer to a burgandy red, or plum colour, rather than what we would regard as purple...
During the existence of the western Roman Empire, the cost of the dye restricted it's use to those of high social standing, to the extent that The Imperial Family were the only people allowed to wear clothes dyed completely with this shade, (Roman Senators were allowed to have the hems.edge of their toga's dyed with this shade...).
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:02 am

man i hate to rez a ded thred but this shit literally just turned up on my dash on tumblr and i had never heard of it before, then rae linked my ass to this thread

guys i think im a indigo chylde yo

im startin a gang, we're called the blue meanies and we have rad jackets and shit

but seriously imagine tossin all these entitled fuckos into a hunger games type of situation

srsly tho this is hysterical [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:57 am

...I don't get how my believing in science is stopping them from doing 'their job', whatever it is
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Quote :
Our job is to change the world, and here you are trying to hold us back with your ‘scientific theories and proof’.
That's sounds like something I'd say when I'm doing that thing where I act dumber than usual for my own amusement I'd call it trolling, but it never bugs anyone besides Chris. Stop bothering me with your silly facts and logic, I'm on a roll.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:11 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
that thing where I act dumber than usual for my own amusement
I'd call it trolling, but it never bugs anyone besides Chris
Nobody can tell the difference, honey. Chris is just perpetually agitated by you, period.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 6:23 pm

My favorite part is the part about Crystal and Rainbow children following behind the indigo children and finishing up their "work"??
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:45 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
that thing where I act dumber than usual for my own amusement
I'd call it trolling, but it never bugs anyone besides Chris
Nobody can tell the difference, honey. Chris is just perpetually agitated, period.
Cool 
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:50 am

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
My favorite part is the part about Crystal and Rainbow children following behind the indigo children and finishing up their "work"??
yeah, "crystal children" are kids with various forms of autism who will apparently rebuild society in a gentler image after the indigo children do most of the grunt work

idfk about the rainbow children

the tag on tumblr is fckin amazing holy shit, overprivileged kids talkin about monks bein honored by their presence and how the peons at their work somehow owe them somethin
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:08 am

tumblr wrote:
Cool When exposed to an unhealthy diet, chemical toxins, heavy metals and EMF’s Crystals are more likely to develop neurotoxins, digestive issues, weakened immune systems and Autism. With effort the neurological problems of Autism can be turned around by releasing the heavy metals and chemical toxicity within the brain/body.
Majical crystal autism can be ~~~turned around~~~ by releasing (?!) heavy metal from the body.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:28 am

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
tumblr wrote:
Cool When exposed to an unhealthy diet, chemical toxins, heavy metals and EMF’s Crystals are more likely to develop neurotoxins, digestive issues, weakened immune systems and Autism. With effort the neurological problems of Autism can be turned around by releasing the heavy metals and chemical toxicity within the brain/body.
Majical crystal autism can be ~~~turned around~~~ by releasing (?!) heavy metal from the body.
And how, praytell, would one release that much Slayer and White Zombie from the body?
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:43 am

Why do New-Agers fear autism more than anything?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:48 am

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
tumblr wrote:
I have a picture that proves that releasing heavy metal doesn't help one stop being a socially inept, egotistical dick. Just a moment...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There it is.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Disco Stu wrote:
Because kids aren't dying off or becoming scarred for life from horrible things as much now that we have shots?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:19 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I have a picture that proves that releasing heavy metal doesn't help one stop being a socially inept, egotistical dick.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now we have every member of the Four Horseman represented.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 11:43 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:
Disco Stu wrote:
Because kids aren't dying off or becoming scarred for life from horrible things as much now that we have shots?
Is it because of how autistic people just generally can't or have a hard time "connecting" and this whole hippie bullshit is all about "connection" or something? At least a new ager with measles has a story?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Indigo children
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: