Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach

Go down 
+25
Reepicheep-chan
Just Chipper
Jay/Cris
Dr. Professor Science
rae
EileenK98
InkWeaver
saeku
Malganis
Cyberwulf
Lembech
Seule
Penguin
SirDixonDongs
Lady Anne
Mikey Go WOOGA
maladroit_mooncalf
Owlish
grmblfjx
AngryRobotsInc
Verandering
Drabbler
Sutremaine
Adagio
Jesus.
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Seule wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Now wank. I command it.

Have a maggot sundae.

You first. Seriously, man, what's the burr up your butt lately?

Cyberwulf wrote:
WHAT

SEULE ARE YOU MAD

YOU CAN'T BREASTFEED IN PUBLIC PEOPLE MIGHT HAVE TO SEE A BABY EATING

I've never understood what's so incredibly offensive about that. Granted, I think I'd ideally want some privacy and peace and quiet to feed a baby, but for the onlookers, is it really that big of a deal? Another kid might see a breast; so what. A guy might see a breast; so what -- I'm sure he's seen plenty of 'em. A woman might see another woman's breast; so what, she has her own. I really don't see the offense here.

So, uh, why am I not allowed to tinkle in public? Colbert

Because no one's ever seen anything quite like that, and no one ever should.

what is there to see, i mean seriously, mikey is the dickless wonder
Back to top Go down
saeku
Fapmaster
Fapmaster

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:20 pm

Breaking news: apparently they actually were genderqueer people of some nature, and "trans men" actually was closer to the truth than "trans women". I'm guessing the mix-up involved a reporter who didn't know what a trans man was.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:32 pm

Thank god there's some more damned information about them.

Though, arguably, I'd say "trans men" and "trans women" are equally distant from describing them. They are genderqueer. Period.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:17 pm

You'd be correct. Transmasculine only indicates where they lean, it doesn't mean they are men. Or women. Or anything other than masculine, really.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:28 pm

Malganis wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Now wank. I command it.

Have a maggot sundae.

Because what she said is lame, it's not the first time she's done it, and last time she was like NOW EVERYONE WANK over a controversial topic, she came in and was like "I started wank!" and a bunch of boring people patted her on the back and talked about eating popcorn, and it's just so goddamn lame
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:33 am

InkWeaver wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Verry wrote:
You'd be correct. Transmasculine only indicates where they lean, it
doesn't mean they are men. Or women. Or anything other than masculine,
really.

Have a maggot sundae.

Because what she said is lame, it's not the first time she's done it, and last time she was like HURF BURF GENDERQUEER over a controversial topic, she came in and was like "I gave the viewpoint of someone different therefore special" and a bunch of boring people patted her on the back and talked about eating popcorn, and it's just so goddamn lame

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:18 am

Malganis wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
Now wank. I command it.

Have a maggot sundae.

I don't wank on command.
InkWeaver wrote:
Because what she said is lame, it's not the first
time she's done it, and last time she was like NOW EVERYONE WANK over a
controversial topic, she came in and was like "I started wank!" and a
bunch of boring people patted her on the back and talked about eating
popcorn, and it's just so goddamn lame

Yep, this.
Back to top Go down
saeku
Fapmaster
Fapmaster

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:25 am

Verandering wrote:
Thank god there's some more damned information about them.

Though, arguably, I'd say "trans men" and "trans women" are equally distant from describing them. They are genderqueer. Period.

Sorry to be overly binary. My point was that considering that the individuals in the article were described as "transmasculine," the assumption that they were assigned male at birth becomes questionable and the whole "well you chose to have breasts so you have to keep them under wraps" line of argument becomes a lot more complicated and/or falls apart entirely (not that it was a good one in the first place).

And I'm sorry, Jesus, I don't think we have enough details on this situation to have a proper wank about it. Not that that's ever stopped us before.

Last edited by saeku on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupidity)
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:36 am

Lady Anne wrote:
Malganis wrote:

I've never understood what's so incredibly offensive about that. Granted, I think I'd ideally want some privacy and peace and quiet to feed a baby, but for the onlookers, is it really that big of a deal? Another kid might see a breast; so what. A guy might see a breast; so what -- I'm sure he's seen plenty of 'em. A woman might see another woman's breast; so what, she has her own. I really don't see the offense here.
I don't see what's so offensive about it, either, but when my sister was breastfeeding her daughter, she had to put up with all kinds of stupid when the baby needed to nurse in public. I guess these offended people would rather listen to a baby scream.
The problem is that the female body in general and breasts in particular have been so fucking sexualised (which is no surprise, as women = sex in every society on earth) that their primary function, as far as society is concerned, is to titillate the male gaze (homo- and bisexual women are considered invisible, as we all know). Therefore any woman exposing a breast for any reason must be an attention-seeking slut, and as such is punished with negative attention in the form of tuts, stares, verbal and non-verbal disapproval, and in some cases intimidation (sexual and non-sexual).

Verandering wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
All I'm hearing is
"You CHOSE to be the inferior gender, now suck up all our sexist bullshit like a good little bitch."

But of course.
You think all these damn, no good, inferior weirdo freaks will be allowed to partake in the elite superior class phallic-shaped pie?

It's the Country Club of the Privileged Birth-Peen.
And the worst part is that the guy saying it is part of an organisation that "aims to promote a positive environment for the gay and lesbian community".
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:08 pm

What I want to know is, how did they know these transpeople had male genitalia? Who had the job of checking that? Or was it, um . . . obvious?
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:33 pm

saeku wrote:
Sorry to be overly binary. My point was that considering that the individuals in the article were described as "transmasculine," the assumption that they were assigned male at birth becomes questionable and the whole "well you chose to have breasts so you have to keep them under wraps" line of argument becomes a lot more complicated and/or falls apart entirely (not that it was a good one in the first place).
No worries, and yeh I agree with you. The article sounds like it was written by someone like Mikey.

Cyberwulf wrote:
And the worst part is that the guy saying it is part of an organisation that "aims to promote a positive environment for the gay and lesbian community".

LGBT with a silent T. Cool
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:06 pm

GLb

t
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:23 pm

And that Q? Fuck the Q.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Fuck the Q? Right. Let's do this.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:47 pm

yeah once you get to teh qqia etc basically you can forget about any representation whatsoever
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:11 am

QQIA? Uh, I'm not as up on my acronyms as I perhaps should be, but I'm guessing it's Genderqueer, Q-something, Intersed and... Androgynous?

What does the second Q stand for?
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:36 am

Nihilist wrote:
Adagio wrote:

Questioning anything? Well, Google is always there to answer.

Didn't we have this selfsame little acronym discussion thrice the past month?

Yes, yes, the acronym is unwieldy, never quite up to snuff and we've got a long way to go. Insert joke about etc./Other here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:18 am

Adagio wrote:
Quacks. Doctors deserve a right to be acknowledged too.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:21 am

queer questioning intersexed and allies

plus a bunch more letters i cant remember
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:36 am

Nihilist wrote:
Adagio wrote:

Questioning anything? Well, Google is always there to answer.

Funnily enough, I always forget that Google's, um, there. Wasn't actually trying to crack a joke, though.

(Thanks, Dixon.)
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:06 pm

I still feel like it should be broken up into one acronym for genders and another for sexual preferences. They are not the same thing!
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
I still feel like it should be broken up into one acronym for genders and another for sexual preferences. They are not the same thing!

no but they are percieved to be and probably will for a long time so may as well make it one big cause instead of dividing it up and making it a weaker movement
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:13 pm

this is why they put 'real or percieved' sexual orientation/gender identity in hate crimes law language and stuff
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:23 pm

Oh I guess so. If we do not directly associate gay people with transgendered people all the time every time they may get all snotty and be, like, "Well gay people are people too and deserve rights, but those alternatively gendered people? Fuck them."
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:28 pm

And also it's possible that an 'LGB only' classification becoming the norm would lead to the next bunch of LGB people being as prejudiced against TQAQ as the already-norm are now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach   Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Transgender men go topless at non-nude beach
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next